Declined transactions - policy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:58 AM

I bank with Tesco in the UK, and UK forum users might be aware of how awkward this has been lately.

Basically, they were all over the news here following a massive hacking scandal which resulted in a lot of fraudulent activity, and their response has been one of outright paranoia. My routine activity is regularly being marked as "suspicious" and my account is being locked on a regular basis, even though I'm doing nothing particularly unusual.

This morning, I had two Logos payments blocked, but Tesco insist that they have since unlocked the account and that I should be able to put through transactions without a hitch, but going back to the checkout in Logos, it still says my card has been declined. i was wondering whether Logos puts their own blocks on a card payment if it's previously failed or not? I've called Tesco 3 times today about it, and they insist that it's not an issue on their end now, though they had declined it initially. I think it is their error still, but just wanted to be sure that Logos isn't rejecting my card based on previous failed payments.

Anyone able to advise?

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 7:20 AM

You could try phoning Logos, and see if it works that way.

Posts 278
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:12 PM

We do not place any additional block on card transactions.  We're simply relaying the transaction status that comes from our payment card processor.  

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:24 PM

Great, thanks! They've now confirmed it was the fault of another department. Took 4 phone calls and about 90 minutes of arguing, but it's all sorted.

Told 'em It wouldn't be your fault, but they were so certain that I thought I should check. Anywho, got my book now!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS