The Christian Standard Bible (CSB)—Now on Pre-Pub (+ you may qualify for a free copy!)

Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 7:31 AM

Anyone have any idea when this will be shipped???????

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 11:38 AM

P A:

So what does the future hold for the HCSB?

Will Holman stop publishing it after the release of the CSB?

P A

According to their own site, it will REPLACE the HCSB since they consider it a "revision" of the HCSB and not a new translation (although it certainly does look like one).  Anyway, it appears that once the CSB goes into print, they will stop printing the HCSB and go with the CSB for print, although the HCSB will obviously be around digitally.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 1:01 PM

Hi Cynthia in Florida

I am not taking any chances. I just bought another HCSB Study Bible. This one is Charcoal Black with the "Crown of Thorns" ridged up on the Front Cover. I love it. I also might buy another one, since this is my "Go To" translation, and also the translation That I use for "Deep Study" of the Word of God.

I agree with you in that the CSB certainly does look like a new translation, even though they say that its not. What it does look like is a "LIBERAL TRANSLATION" and not a "LITERAL TRANSLATION" of the Word of God - something like a cross between the ESV and the NIV. The more modern a translation gets, the more literalness it loses.

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 6:49 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

Hi Cynthia in Florida

I am not taking any chances. I just bought another HCSB Study Bible. This one is Charcoal Black with the "Crown of Thorns" ridged up on the Front Cover. I love it. I also might buy another one, since this is my "Go To" translation, and also the translation That I use for "Deep Study" of the Word of God.

I agree with you in that the CSB certainly does look like a new translation, even though they say that its not. What it does look like is a "LIBERAL TRANSLATION" and not a "LITERAL TRANSLATION" of the Word of God - something like a cross between the ESV and the NIV. The more modern a translation gets, the more literalness it loses.

Hello Ken:  I likewise bought a couple.  I wish I had done the same back when the Inductive Study Bible came out.  Now they have the New Inductive Study Bible, and the margins are so small that NONE of my student like it, so we are constantly scoping out Amazon and Alibris for used ones.  To date I have purchased well over 200 of those Bibles for my classes and even tried to get the publisher to reprint the old one, to no avail.  Anyway, I'm venting a bit.

I also want to add that I COMPLETELY and totally agree with your statement

The more modern a translation gets, the more literalness it loses.  

I have yet to see where that is not true.

A sign of the times I suspect, for those who read Scripture "normally" but not a big deal for others...hence the debates.

Wishing you and yours well!!

Cynthia

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2017 6:55 PM

We're pleased to announce that the Christian Standard Bible (CSB), a major overhaul of their popular Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) is now available on Pre-Pub!

https://www.logos.com/product/134491/christian-standard-bible

It looks like it has moved into development within the last few days. I have a paper copy for review and a digital copy on my tablet - I will look forward to getting the LOGOS version in the future.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2017 3:40 PM

I had the opportunity to review a paper book version of the CSB. Though it focuses on this particular printed copy, some may find it of interest:

http://bit.ly/CSBible 

You can find other printed versions for sale (after March 1, 2017) and an installable version for Android (and possibly others). I will be looking forward to the forthcoming LOGOS version.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2017 7:48 PM

Since anyone can purchase the CSB on Accordance and Kindle Direct right now, and start reading it - what in the world is taking LOGOS so long to get this into production?

It seems that to me everything takes longer with LOGOS? 

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:18 AM

FL don't seem to be interested in speed to market. I don't know if their thinking is that FL customers will wait because they have a superior product - in their view.

Kenute P. Curry:

Since anyone can purchase the CSB on Accordance and Kindle Direct right now, and start reading it - what in the world is taking LOGOS so long to get this into production?

It seems that to me everything takes longer with LOGOS? 

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 6:40 AM

Well, I hardly spend any money on FL these days Disciple of Christ (doc)

When I can get it quicker and faster on Kindle Direct. Some of the books that I want are not even on LOGOS or VYRSO. For example: THE NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE, which i have bought on Kindle Direct, and am quite satisfied with the product. Am enjoying reading it so much. 

Max Lucado's book GRACE is another one. I have seen a number of books that I want on Kindle Direct, that are not in LOGOS or VYRSO; and I will not wait around for FL to get them.

Posts 26
Troy Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:49 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

Well, I hardly spend any money on FL these days Disciple of Christ (doc)

When I can get it quicker and faster on Kindle Direct. Some of the books that I want are not even on LOGOS or VYRSO.

I really don't mind the wait.  I have so much to read an so little time in comparison that I will never read my entire library.  Plus you have the added bonus of the literature being integrated into the Logos system.

I also like the idea of my money benefiting fellow brothers and sisters instead of a company that is diametrically opposed to me in almost everything I hold dear.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:40 PM

Kenute P. Curry:
... what in the world is taking LOGOS so long to get this into production?

Personal Book Bible tagging experience => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s took many hours along with finding several typos in the Logos ASV resource. Creating personal book of ASV Bible increased my appreciation of Logos tagging.

Kenute P. Curry:
For example: THE NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE

Added 2016 Cultural Background Study notes to suggestion thread => SUGGESTION: NIV Archaeological Study Bible: An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture plus noted 2010 thread => Archaeological Study Bible

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1186
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:24 PM

Daniel,

May I know does the new CSB comes with Reversed Interlinear for NT and OT? the current HCSB has RVI for NT. Thanks.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Catalina 10.15.2 | iPhone Xs Max iOS 13.3

Posts 28233
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:29 PM

LimJK:
May I know does the new CSB comes with Reversed Interlinear for NT and OT? the current HCSB has RVI for NT.

The RI's take much work and expense. Presumably, the answer will be "no" for the time being... especially considering the cost of the Bible. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2540
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 6:50 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Creating personal book of ASV Bible increased my appreciation of Logos tagging.

Yes, anyone that has done it themselves understands best what is involved.  Have a PBB Bible and am adding chapters as I do studies that use them.

Posts 185
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 12:00 PM

LimJK:

Daniel,

May I know does the new CSB comes with Reversed Interlinear for NT and OT? the current HCSB has RVI for NT. Thanks.

When the CSB is shipped, it will not include a reverse interlinear, but we'll certainly keep that suggestion in mind!

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 1186
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 10:12 PM

Daniel Motley:

When the CSB is shipped, it will not include a reverse interlinear, but we'll certainly keep that suggestion in mind!

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Catalina 10.15.2 | iPhone Xs Max iOS 13.3

Posts 2752
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 10:29 AM

It's now out for Accordance, Olive Tree and in it's own app. Hoping it comes soon for Logos.

Posts 1
Clur | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 6:00 AM

Now showing as shipping on 4/5/2017.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:10 AM

Clur:

Now showing as shipping on 4/5/2017.

Woop woop! Well spotted.

Posts 2752
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:05 AM

I got a notice saying it would charge me the $7 on April 5. I'm supposed to get it free. Is this an error?

Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS