No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 10 of 35 (696 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
This post has 695 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 1775
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:37 PM

Jeremy Terhune:
I want sophisticated tagging to help me find what I need. I would like Logos to enhance and build upon the tagging they have already done. It seems we just got started and then we were derailed, but I'm hopeful for the future.

I'd love to hear more of what you have in mind.

Posts 1775
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:40 PM

Nathan Parker:
However, there are some of us that are required to use the specific range of journals as offered by Galaxie (JETS, Bib Sac, etc.).

We do have Bibliotheca Sacra. It's included in TJL Upgrade, Theology, and Master.

Posts 1775
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:47 PM

Mark:
I do not remember how I got them.  I thought it was through Galaxie, but it must have been in the Libronix days.  Not sure.  I would love to get them back in Logos. 

If I remember correctly, Friends of Israel Ministries used to sell three products in the Libronix days:

1. Friends of Israel Digital Library, vol. 1
  2. Friends of Israel Digital Library, vol. 2
  3. Israel My Glory Magazine

I'm not sure how open they'd be to bringing them back, but it can't hurt to reach out. Yesterday's no might be tomorrow's yes.

Mark:
Phil, while many are frustrated, I am hoping this thread has been helpful.  As someone mentioned, many of us have invested a lot and we want to see FL succeed and grow.

It has. Thanks for caring enough to share your frustrations and concerns, and for extending us some grace when we've not lived up to your expectations.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 11:01 PM

Is this Israel my Glory that people are asking about?

http://magazine.foi.org/

Thanks Phil for the info. I have Master 2.1 and the old TJL 1-15, so I have all the main journal bundles you offer currently and can't wait to get more. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2175
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 12:07 AM

Nathan Parker:

No! This is the one I'm referencing:

http://www.foi.org/forms/free-one-year-israel-my-glory-subscription/ 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 4722
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 12:42 AM

abondservant:
The firings are still a thing that bothers me. I have spent maybe 300$ (probably less than that actually) that i hadn't already agreed to pay since that happened. The year prior I spent like 6 or 7k?

Same here. From thousands to pennies--mostly just a few of the Free Plus One offerings. The only significant purchase I've made in the last couple of years was this month due to Zondervan's willingness to offer dynamic pricing. I decided to break my boycott of Z and get the Counterpoints collection. I may get the Dictionary of Theology & Exegesis also...tomorrow is the last day. After that, probably back to watching and waiting.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 2:45 AM

Israel my Glory was not a Galaxie title. It was a stand alone set purchasable from FL in the distant past.

Mark:

Thank you again, Phil.  I am fuzzy on "Israel my glory" as well.  I thought it was sold part of Galaxie package.  I see they do not have it right now.  Is there a chance of getting that in Logos?

Thanks too for clearing up what up to date means.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 2:57 AM

Well said Everet, to lie to FL about our satisfacton with what they have done with journals is not love. If we lie like some would like so they can feel comfortable we will only get more of the same from them. It is only by honest direct communication about how they have let us down will they get the message.

Everett Headley:

Colin:

I'm not an MVP or a Faithlife employee but I'm very uncomfortable with some of the posts here. I wonder if this discussion has gone on for long enough. I understand the need to vent but if we keep attacking and targeting the employees from Faithlife who are brave enough to stick their heads above the parapet, honest enough to admit mistakes and humble enough to apologise they'll hardly want to return to engage with us. We're right to want to hold this company which has Christian values accountable but we need to remember the rule of love ourselves. 

Colin, this discussion has lingered for years.  It has done so because of the numerous promises and implications made directly by Logos representatives.  Those promises have gone unfilled, multiple times.  You may be uncomfortable, but there needs to be accountability for what has taken place.  They have an obligation to return and engage with us.  We have paid for software and liscineing with the agreement that more is coming.  Yet that has not happened.  This breach of verbal contract is simply not acceptable.  At no point in this recent conversation has any Logos user not acted in accordance with the rule of love.  Accountability is usually not warm and fuzzy.  That does not mean that it is hateful and mean-spirited.  If we did not want Logos to succeed we would have given up YEARS ago and pointed our money to some other software.  What simply needs to happen is for Logos to clearly, timely, and completely communicate with us about the status of the journals promised to us.

(Frankly, I grow weary of posts like this when we hold Logos accountable.  This is how we are to air this grievances about Logos, per Logos.  I have yet to see why this is wrong or uncomfortable in some eyes. No one has stepped out of bounds, allow us to have this dialogue.)

Posts 3019
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 3:02 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:
Is there a way to get MSJ into logos even if it is carried by Galaxie?

We have it available already, distributed from Galaxie. It's up to date with what Galaxie offers.

Mr Gons... I'm sorry but I should have been more clear. What I meant to ask is even though the later MSJ issues aren't in galaxie, would there be a way to get them into logos via another process. I know they are free online via a PDF but tagged logos versions would her better.

Posts 1912
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 5:54 AM

Beloved:

Nathan Parker:

No! This is the one I'm referencing:

http://www.foi.org/forms/free-one-year-israel-my-glory-subscription/ 

These are both the same.  Nathan, your link referenced the latest magazine which has been very helpful on the topic of Millennials

Posts 1775
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 8:44 AM

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:
Is there a way to get MSJ into logos even if it is carried by Galaxie?

We have it available already, distributed from Galaxie. It's up to date with what Galaxie offers.

Mr Gons... I'm sorry but I should have been more clear. What I meant to ask is even though the later MSJ issues aren't in galaxie, would there be a way to get them into logos via another process. I know they are free online via a PDF but tagged logos versions would her better.

Possibly. We're investigating.

Posts 2175
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 9:13 AM

Mark:
These are both the same.  Nathan, your link referenced the latest magazine which has been very helpful on the topic of Millennials

Mea culpa Nathan.

Thanks for the clarification Mark.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 4:59 PM

Mike Aubrey:
I'll post again toward the end of the week and give another update. We appreciate your efforts to keep us accountable and that you care so much about these journals!

As Phil has said we're working on updates for the four journal bundles. The first is going to be an update with new volumes for the Theological Journals Library.

We will have new volumes of the following journal titles, based on what we currently have licenses and files for:

Bibliotheca Sacra Journal
Bulletin for Biblical Research
Chafer Theological Seminary Journal
Conspectus: The Journal of the South African Theological Seminary
Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal
Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament
Journal of Biblical and Pneumatological Research
Journal of Discipleship and Family Ministry
Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society
Journal of Theological Interpretation
Priscilla Papers
Puritan Reformed Journal
Syndicate Journal
The Churchman
The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology
Themelios
Tyndale Bulletin
Westminster Theological Journal

The TJL update will be ready and post in October/November. We don't want to wait on getting the TJL update out to you on account of any current licensing limitations.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 5:45 PM

Thanks for the discussion. I wanted to throw in some additional comments on this:

1. Thanks for the info on Israel my Glory. I'll take the free trial and see if this is worth an annual subscription to. If it becomes available in Logos or in a bundle in Logos in the future, I might be interested in it.

2. I visited the Logos.com journals section of the store. Seems there were a few Themelios journals I was missing (I got the codes to make my upgrades free). I saw a couple other journals on prepub I may be interested in. 

3. Thanks for the list of TJL journals above. I'd be interested in those plus JETS once you re-secure JETS.

4. Can someone send me the link to the online versions of Master's Seminary journal? I'll bookmark it and use it to access the latest versions until progress is made on the Logos front. Now that I use Nota Bene for citations, citations from online sources are less painful, although searching Logos editions is still more luxurious than searching online sources.

5. Another journal I'd be interested in is up-to-date access to JBL and RBL. I have what Logos currently offers on those. I also have access to JBL and RBL in my SBL membership, but having those in Logos would be nice.

6. I do thank Phil, Mike, etc., for jumping into this conversation. I do want to make a suggestion for the future. It is time for Faithlife to invest in hiring a Chief Communications Director who can take the agenda and roadmap of Bob, marketing, etc., and clearly articulate it to the customer base. Time and time again, Faithlife has had issues with communication that has resulted in some heat on these forums (Journals, Encyclopedia Britannica, Logos Now, Logos Cloud, pretty much every major Logos release, etc.). Faithlife has likely lost enough productivity due to these and other communications issues. It is time that Faithlife puts someone in charge of making communications of the Faithlife roadmap and agenda clear to customers. For example, with every major Logos release, it has been confusing to understand how to upgrade (and it wasn't much better with Logos 7 and Logos Now). Even though every Logos user's library is different, and even though I know nothing about the next major release of Logos, I could already draft up an upgrade announcement concerning the next major release of Logos that would be so crystal clear to customers that customers would have zero issues upgrading to the next major release of Logos on day one. It is simply a matter of articulating the message in a way that customers understand, and the added benefit is the Faithlife teams can spend more time focusing on building better products for customers and less time dealing with the fallout of upset customers who haven't been given clear information about Faithlife's latest roadmap and agenda. I even know of a way to dramatically streamline the marketing of Faithlife's library-based products, although it is a somewhat radical and possibly too much for the Faithlife team to handle (because all you need is one).

Nathan Parker

Posts 3019
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 5:56 PM

Nathan Parker:

4. Can someone send me the link to the online versions of Master's Seminary journal? I'll bookmark it and use it to access the latest versions until progress is made on the Logos front. Now that I use Nota Bene for citations, citations from online sources are less painful, although searching Logos editions is still more luxurious than searching online sources.

https://www.tms.edu/msj/ 

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 6:35 PM

Mattillo:

Nathan Parker:

https://www.tms.edu/msj/ 

Thanks. I bookmarked this.

Nathan Parker

Posts 1912
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 8:42 PM

Nathan Parker:
1. Thanks for the info on Israel my Glory. I'll take the free trial and see if this is worth an annual subscription to. If it becomes available in Logos or in a bundle in Logos in the future, I might be interested in it.

I have the annual subscription and really enjoy it. But I much prefer it in Logos.

Nathan Parker:
I do thank Phil, Mike, etc., for jumping into this conversation.

I also want to thank Phil and Mike, but everyone else for their contributions.  This is what I like about the forums.

Posts 287
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 6:35 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We don't have bundling rights, and we're not getting updates. It's possible that we could secure bundling rights and resume getting updates for the journals we're missing. We'd have to explore that.

Yes

Posts 49
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 7:59 AM

I agree. I also get the print version of Israel My Glory but prefer it in the Logos format. I have everything they sold and they are high quality and worth the money. It would be nice if Logos could pick up the issues where Friends of Israel left off.

Posts 951
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 1:15 AM

Mark:

Thanks for the comment Mark - I just found it very informative!

Page 10 of 35 (696 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS