Extremely slow when adding passage from Chinese bible

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:57 PM

Hi,

Not sure if Proclaim development team is aware of the problem that it is extremely slow (~10 minutes) to add scripture passage (e.g. Gen 37:1-11) from Chinese bible. It is also very slow loading slides with scripture passage from Chinese bible. This problem is there since version 1 to the latest update of version 2. I hope there is plan to fix this. Thank you.

Posts 3162
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 3:40 PM

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for posting this. We are sorry for the sluggishness in this area of Proclaim. The behavior is likely connected to us loading system fonts in order to find something that supports Chinese characters. We'er working on a solution that should provide a nice work around for this behavior. 

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 2:21 PM

The latest proclaim update (ver. 2.3.0.0040) finally fix the performance problem with Chinese bible when adding a bible passage. The performance for English bible and Chinese bible is now roughly the same. Thank you very much.

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 4:03 PM

If I use my own Chinese font, the same problem occurs with Chinese bible passage, It is extremely slow or hang to render Chinese text on slide. Thanks. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS