Android Remote App is very buggy!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 5 2017 3:47 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to run the android app on my galaxy S8 and have found it to be very buggy.

Does the android app have known issues?

Issues I have:

1. When viewing a presentation (not one on air) and scrolling through, after about 10 slides, the slides are all then blank. It shows the type of slide at the bottom but no 'image' for the slide content
  2. In landscape mode the type of slide overlay means you can't read the content of the slide. There seems no option to turn off the overlay
  3. At different times the app will just crash completely and close
  4. I don't get all the options that I have on the iphone version. No options for notes which is very annoying. The iphone version also doesn't have the annoying slide type overlay (which is good). Please implement the same iphone features on the Android app.

Could you please address these issues / questions.

Thanks,

Andy Bleach

Posts 642
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 9:01 AM

Sorry about the issues Andy, are all of the issues listed when viewing off air presentations? 

Viewing notes in the offline presentations is definitely on our list of improvements, but I don't have an exact date currently. 

Which options are you missing from iOS? As far as I know, we offer the same options on iOS and Android in the respective views. (so you can view notes on both while controlling, but not when viewing an off air presentation)

Thanks for brining these to our attention

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 10 2017 5:32 PM

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

OK, so I realised that you only get notes and other options when controlling an 'on air' presentation. So that's OK. I get these now on my android as well as iphone when controlling an on air presentation.

However, my points 1-3 are still occurring.

1. If I view a presentation on Android phone, and scroll back and forwards, it doesn't always show the slides. If I scroll forward and then back 5-10 slides, previous slides that did display when I initially viewed them now no longer display. I can reproduce this every time I view a presentation.

2. The overlay of the type of slide item obscuring the slides cannot be turned off. 

3. The app crashes for me - it just crashed now when I went to the menu to bring up the slide items order and tried to scroll down to jump to a later item. Actually it seems I can reproduce this app crash often when scrolling up and down on the slide items 'menu'.

I would appreciate your response on these as to whether you can reproduce them and comments fixing what seem to me three significant usability issues.

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 642
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 9:41 AM

Thanks for the info Andy, we will be taking a look at these issues here soon.

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 6:14 PM

Hi it's been a while and I'm interested in what's happening with the Android App development.

I can get the proclaim app (latest update that happened today) to crash every time when I click to go to the slide items menu. This is when I'm viewing a presentation that is not On Air.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 8:56 PM

Sorry about this Andy. The update shipped today contains a lot of changes and we're very interested to diagnose and fix the crash you're experiencing. I believe we added the ability to save log files from the device in this update. Do you see that option in the About menu? If so please save your logs and attach them here.

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 9:28 PM

Here's the log file from About -> Send Support Info (which also has sent this to you in a new bug report I think) and the device info:

Proclaim 3.2.0.840
Android 7.0
samsung SM-G950F dreamlte
Installation source: com.android.vending 

It looks like it's only reporting one crash.

3731.SupportInfo-2018-02-06_16-24-19.zip

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 9:30 PM

I think I cleared the cache from the other crashes which I guess is why there's not much in the log, but I'm hoping it's the same base issue causing crashes whether you're following or controlling a live presentation or just viewing one.

Posts 642
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 4:24 PM

Thanks a lot for your help Andy. I was able to reproduce the issue and I have a new fix building right now! Hopefully it will go out later tonight

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:24 PM

Great - thank you! Look forward to it coming through.

Posts 50
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 8 2018 4:15 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your work recently.

However I'm still getting issue 1 that I originally reported. Viewing an off air presentation, scrolling through about 20 slides this time (maybe because I have viewed it before some were cached?) then it just shows blank slides.

Then I scroll through the slides one way and find the ones that had downloaded again, then do some more scrolling through slides one way then the other, then the app crashes. I can consistently get it to crash.

Info here:

Proclaim 3.2.0.845
Android 7.0
samsung SM-G950F dreamlte
Installation source: com.android.vending

4213.SupportInfo-2018-02-09_11-10-34.zip

Log attached - I think this contains some old logs from my bug reports a couple of days ago too.

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 642
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 9 2018 9:56 AM

Thanks for the report. I believe this is a memory issue that can behave slightly different depending on the device. This is currently being looked at!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS