When going "on air" I can't use the mouse to choose whether to start at the beginning or at the current slide

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 20 2017 5:09 AM

This is with Proclaim 2.3.0.0021 on Windows 10

Hovering my mouse over the On Air button shows two options as below

However, I can't move the mouse to select the different options - when I move the cursor away from the button the popup menu disappears.

Should I be able to select these with my mouse?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 3183
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 8:23 AM

Graham Criddle:
However, I can't move the mouse to select the different options - when I move the cursor away from the button the popup menu disappears.

Well isn't that obnoxious. I'd think we'd want to be able to use your mouse to select either of those options. I'll submit a case about that. Thank you for reporting it, Graham!

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 8:39 AM

Thanks Tommy

Appreciated, Graham

Posts 4955
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 9:26 AM

Tommy Ball:
I'd think we'd want to be able to use your mouse to select either of those options. I'll submit a case about that.

Oh Goody - that has been annoying me for a while but I was too idle to write in about it.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 9:53 AM

The message you're seeing is a tool tip, which is not meant to be interactive, rather provide discovery of the keyboard shortcuts. If you want to use the mouse to go On Air to the current slide you can do so using the context menu on the item in the Order of Service (left pane).

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 9:58 AM

Scott Alexander:
The message you're seeing is a tool tip, which is not meant to be interactive, rather provide discovery of the keyboard shortcuts.

Scott - thanks for the clarification but it seems, to me, like a strange design choice.

When wanting to go on air I'm not really trying to find out about tool tips and being able to select from those options would be helpful.

Any chance of this changing?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 10:15 AM

I'll bring it up for discussion. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 20 2017 10:17 AM

Thanks Scott

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS