Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 16 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:44 AM

Philip Bassham:

I wrote a big long post on it here -- but the summary is allow people to self-publish to the Logos platform like Amazon does with self-publishing to the Kindle, or like apps to the App Store.

Brings a new revenue source for Logos while greatly expanding resources available - especially for other languages. Which will make it hard for other platforms to ever keep up, and thus making Logos stronger.

I agree, getting my books up on Amazon is a lot easier than via FaithLife eBooks

Clint Scott   Author | Humble Majesty   www.humblemajesty.com
Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:48 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Refresh the Home Screen / sidebar dramatically. It's basically been the same since L4. Get creative. Make it fun, interactive, and fully customizable, especially the sidebar.

Would love to be able to, say, drag a few favorites to the sidebar, then a course or two I like, then a reading plan, then a prayer list, then perhaps see a new scripture from a book of the Bible each day, etc. Let us make the sidebar our own little slice of heaven on virtual earth. 

How about Faithife TV as an alternate L8 home page

Let us be able to apply themes to the home page to change it up a bit, much like one can do in Windows. 

Totally agree, this would be good

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:02 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
3. Simplify advanced searching. We should be able to add any and all advanced search syntax by simply selecting it from a dropdown menu on the search panel, at most with the need to simply filter by typing (e.g. which person we want to select who is speaking to create {Speaker <Person Moses>}). 

Agreed this would help most users including me

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:20 AM

Myke Harbuck:
Perhaps each section can be outlined (like below), with a flyover label of the preferred resource section when hovering over it. 

That would be good

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:27 AM

David Betts:

- ESV, LEB audio, and other audio resources downloadable to device so it still functions when not online – so it doesn’t use data after initial download.

So needed

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:30 AM

Kiyah:

4. Allow me to pin my most used/favorite Interactive tools to the Tools menu, and to change the order in which they appear. Right now they're listed in whatever order Logos decided to list them, and then I have to click on "All interactive resources" to see the ones I actually use.

5. Fix the Home screen so that I can use the touchscreen on my laptop to scroll up and down. When I try to use the touchscreen it tries to select all the text on the Home screen. As others have said, make the software generally touchscreen friendly.

That would be good

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:58 AM

Josh:
We need an easy way to read our Logos books on an e-ink device!

This would be amazing

Posts 59
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 12:05 PM

Family Sub-User Accounts

I have a beautiful wife and two great kids (7 and 3), I would love for them to use Logos too but in their own way.

It would be great if the application allowed sub-users, maybe 5 for each master account so Kids etc can use logos and have their own set of notes and layouts etc without accidentally deleting mine :).

Apple and Microsoft have similar features to this.

===================

I originally posted the above to UserVoice a few years back... kids will be 10 and 7 this year... God is good.

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/9337086-family-sub-user-accounts 

Posts 958
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 7:14 PM

Two requests regarding transliteration of foreign language text to enhance the usability of the program and resources for those who don't know Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, Syriac, Arabic, etc.

1. Add a Program Settings option to always transliterate Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic/Syriac words when copying to the clipboard. This would run the foreign language text through the Text Converter tool before it puts it on the clipboard. It can be done now by copying and pasting into the Text Converter tool, but this would but out a step.
  2. Add a Program Settings option to display foreign language words in transliteration on the menus and possibly in the resources.

The first is more important, but the other would be helpful to many, I am sure.

Posts 1379
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:54 PM

Harry Hahne:
Add a Program Settings option to display foreign language words in transliteration on the menus and possibly in the resources.

Maybe also an opposite option is needed: to hide transliteration/transcription if the resource has both.

Even better if it could reverse transliterate the text to the original script, if the text has the transliteration/transcription only. May need some artificial and original intelligence, but could be an interesting project.Cool

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1874
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2018 12:52 AM

Harry Hahne:
Add a Program Settings option to always transliterate Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic/Syriac words when copying to the clipboard. This would run the foreign language text through the Text Converter tool before it puts it on the clipboard.

My preference would be to rather:

1) Add the ability to specify a default IN the text converter. I'd specifically want the ability to input "וָשָׁ֑יִת" and have "וָשָׁיִת (wāšāyiṯ)" as the output. This is the text with cantillation marks removed followed by a transliteration in parentheses.

2) Add a "copy converted" option to the context menu for non-Roman selected text. This would take the value set as the default in the text converter (whether that's a single conversion or multiple) and put that into the clipboard.

This would be extremely valuable when writing papers where the user wishes to show both original and transliterated texts in a consistently formatted manner. Currently, to achieve this, one needs to 1) copy the original, 2) paste into the converter, 3) copy one transliteration from the converter, 4) paste into a document, 5) type opening parenthesis, 6) copy the second transliteration, 7) paste into the document, 8) type the closing parenthesis! This is an unduly arduous process! 

Posts 958
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2018 9:27 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Harry Hahne:
Add a Program Settings option to always transliterate Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic/Syriac words when copying to the clipboard. This would run the foreign language text through the Text Converter tool before it puts it on the clipboard.

My preference would be to rather:

1) Add the ability to specify a default IN the text converter. I'd specifically want the ability to input "וָשָׁ֑יִת" and have "וָשָׁיִת (wāšāyiṯ)" as the output. This is the text with cantillation marks removed followed by a transliteration in parentheses.

2) Add a "copy converted" option to the context menu for non-Roman selected text. This would take the value set as the default in the text converter (whether that's a single conversion or multiple) and put that into the clipboard.

This would be extremely valuable when writing papers where the user wishes to show both original and transliterated texts in a consistently formatted manner. Currently, to achieve this, one needs to 1) copy the original, 2) paste into the converter, 3) copy one transliteration from the converter, 4) paste into a document, 5) type opening parenthesis, 6) copy the second transliteration, 7) paste into the document, 8) type the closing parenthesis! This is an unduly arduous process! 

This would be a very useful enhancement for the Text Converter. It would be a time saver for writers for sure. Perhaps it could include the ability to edit a custom style like the Copy Bible Verses tool.

Posts 313
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 2:54 AM

The ability to send Passage Lists to an Inline Search on a Bible. This will provide a way to quickly Highlight those Passages and apply a Label.

Posts 313
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 12:23 AM
  1. Export Sections from Guides to a Collection
  2. Drag and drop Resources from a Section in a Guide to Favorites
  3. Right-Click Search from Highlighting Palette to quickly search Labels or Highlighter
Posts 273
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 4:13 AM

can we have "sort by verses" in search queries?

For example, I have 4 books by a certain author, I want to see all his comments on the book of Isaiah. Search yields over 600 verses he references across his works. There seems no way to order the chapters and verses from the resultant search. Here's a thread where we talk about it in more detail.

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 1874
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 4:50 AM

Pieter J Kotze:
The ability to send Passage Lists to an Inline Search on a Bible.

Is this the functionality that you need?

Posts 1874
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 5:09 AM

Merge the Courses Tool and Reading Plans (and let users fully leverage course creation tools).

Posts 1874
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 5:12 AM

C.J. Scott:

Family Sub-User Accounts

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Posts 1874
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 6:14 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Here's another item on my wish list:

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/4293374-allow-users-to-customize-shortcut-bar-icons 

I would really like to be able to add system and/or custom icons. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), I would like to see the ability to add popover buttons (folders) into which I could drag my shortcuts.

I just stumbled upon the "Logos 7 wishlist" thread while searching for a discussion and saw that I had submitted this same request back then (obviously to no avail!).

Posts 91
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 4:22 AM

I would like a visual filter for diacritical markings, as my Cambridge Bibles have in them to aid pronunciation of names.

Sometimes when I make a note, I will have two markings for the same note in the resource where the note is made. This has never been resolved for me. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105069/726708.aspx#726708

Page 16 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS