Is it possible to control proclaim through a wireless router with the remote app and no internet connection?

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 12 2018 12:27 AM

Hi.

We want to use Proclaim at church but we have no internet connection. We do use a router though. When I try to use Proclaim remote it just seems to spend the whole time trying to find/ refresh the app and then says "unable to connect". As soon as we connect to a router with internet connection everything works again. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Posts 19833
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:56 AM

Have you checked that Local WiFi is enabled as per https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/209613913-Proclaim-Local-Wi-Fi-Remote 

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 2:58 AM

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes we have enabled the remote wifi on the laptop and the app. 

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:57 PM

Hello Anthony,

This should be possible.  On your mobile device, use a browser to go to http://(your IP Address in Proclam):52195   without the ( ) , and let us know if you see "Hello from Proclaim Local Remote version 1.0.0.0"  

You may also want to look into your router, and see how the IP addresses are being configured for both the computer and connected mobile devices.

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 13 2018 11:13 AM

Thanks Justin. Yes, I am getting the "Hello" message. Also now Proclaim just crashes the I try to open it without an internet connection. :(

Posts 134
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 13 2018 12:30 PM

Hello Anthony,

I do apologize that Proclaim is crashing. Could you post your log files in this thread for me to take a look at. The Help menu in Proclaim will save your log files and you can attach that zip file here. 

Posts 26
Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying. The zip file is attached. The software crashes when we are connected to the router that doesn't have internet access.
Posts 26

Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying. The zip file is attached. The software crashes when we are connected to the router that doesn't have internet access.

Posts 26

Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying. Log files attached.

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 3:21 AM

Can't upload the log files. Keep getting this message

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Posts 134
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 18 2018 7:05 AM

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 18 2018 8:15 AM

Matt Mattox:

Hello Anthony,

While Proclaim is running on your computer and the mobile device. Can you make sure your local remote server is enabled in Proclaim. Go to settings > remote > enabled. 

Make sure you put that IP address you get from Proclaim is inserted into your proclaim remote setting. In the remote it will be the top right corner. Settings > local Wi-Fi. 

Once those are both set go to http://{ip listed in your Proclaim settings}:52195

If it is correct you will see this:

Hello from Proclaim local remote version 1.0.0.0.0

Do that same step on your computer as well and if something is not setup right you won't see the "Hello from Proclaim locate remote message.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The problem I am now having is that I can't get into Proclaim without a wifi connection. It just crashes.

Workround was to connect to a different network (with wifi), open Proclaim then once synced switch to the non-wifi network. Once I did this I was able to check settings as suggested. It is all as should be - go the "hello" message on laptop and phone. However, when I switch back to the app the phone just says "Couldn't update presentations list - check network connection" 

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 18 2018 10:39 AM

Hello Anthony,

Could you try something for us?  Could you close Proclaim, and re-open holding down the ctrl key if you are on Windows, or command key if you are on Mac?  Keep holding it until you are prompted for login information, and then re-hold it after hitting "sign in" as well.  This will load a blank screen with no presentation open.  Go to Settings > Presentation, and clear out any location you have set.  And then see if the program crashes.  

Thank you for the log files as well, we do see some errors related to location, which is why we're having attempt the above steps.  We're going to keep investigating as well.

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 4:18 AM

Hi. Followed your steps.This seems to have stopped the crashing. Proclaim now loads when connected to the router. Remote still not working though - Spinning wheel only and (occasionally) the option to follow but not control. I have checked and remote local wifi is enabled and set with correct numbers. This is same for different devices all set up with same and different accounts.

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:20 PM

Are you logged in using the same account?  You should have the option to control, whether or not it's on local wifi or otherwise. 

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 2:06 PM

Also, could you send us logs from the remote app?  Go into the settings and select send support info.  That may shed some light for us

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 12:21 AM

Yes. Have only tried using local wifi with laptop and phone both signed in to same account.

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 12:25 AM

Justin Soety (Faithlife):

Also, could you send us logs from the remote app?  Go into the settings and select send support info.  That may shed some light for us

Where is this? I can't see it in the remote app anywhere.

Posts 4182
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 1:25 AM

Anthony Taylor:

Justin Soety (Faithlife):

Where is this? I can't see it in the remote app anywhere.

Posts 26
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 1:45 AM

Thank you but "send support info" does not show up in any of my apps.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS