Is it possible to control proclaim through a wireless router with the remote app and no internet connection?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 12 2018 12:27 AM

Hi.

We want to use Proclaim at church but we have no internet connection. We do use a router though. When I try to use Proclaim remote it just seems to spend the whole time trying to find/ refresh the app and then says "unable to connect". As soon as we connect to a router with internet connection everything works again. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Posts 18670
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:56 AM

Have you checked that Local WiFi is enabled as per https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/209613913-Proclaim-Local-Wi-Fi-Remote 

Posts 10
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 2:58 AM

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes we have enabled the remote wifi on the laptop and the app. 

Posts 72
LogosEmployee
Justin Soety (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:57 PM

Hello Anthony,

This should be possible.  On your mobile device, use a browser to go to http://(your IP Address in Proclam):52195   without the ( ) , and let us know if you see "Hello from Proclaim Local Remote version 1.0.0.0"  

You may also want to look into your router, and see how the IP addresses are being configured for both the computer and connected mobile devices.

Posts 10
Anthony Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 13 2018 11:13 AM

Thanks Justin. Yes, I am getting the "Hello" message. Also now Proclaim just crashes the I try to open it without an internet connection. :(

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 13 2018 12:30 PM

Hello Anthony,

I do apologize that Proclaim is crashing. Could you post your log files in this thread for me to take a look at. The Help menu in Proclaim will save your log files and you can attach that zip file here. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.