[BUG] Recent Logos 7 on new laptop

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Ollie Pindakaas | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2018 5:31 AM

Dear,

After buying a new laptop (W10-64b) and updating it, I've downloaded and installed the recent version of Logos 7. After installing it and let it preparing my library, I cant not start up Logos 7. The start screen will show up for less than a second, but that is it. I even don't receive an error message...

Jeb, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but the same happens...

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 5:58 AM

Ollie Pindakaas:

Dear,

After buying a new laptop (W10-64b) and updating it, I've downloaded and installed the recent version of Logos 7. After installing it and let it preparing my library, I cant not start up Logos 7. The start screen will show up for less than a second, but that is it. I even don't receive an error message...

Jeb, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but the same happens...

You'll want to turn on logging and upload the log to the forum. Its probably a corrupt database - easily fixed - they just need to know which one to give you more specific directions. Its puzzling that the problem remained after re-install. But there again the log will shed light.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 6:07 AM

abondservant:
You'll want to turn on logging and upload the log to the forum

And to enable logging and upload logs please see https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem 

abondservant:
Its puzzling that the problem remained after re-install.

A standard reinstallation doesn't remove data files so if there is a corruption it will still be there after the reinstall.

In general, a reinstallation is not the best first course of action - uploading diagnostic logs often is!

Posts 13
Ollie Pindakaas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 8:10 AM

Even step one is not doable. Right now, I'm chatting with the helpdesk...

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 8:15 AM

Ollie Pindakaas:

Even step one is not doable. Right now, I'm chatting with the helpdesk...

Hopefully the helpdesk can get you sorted - if not, see if step 4 works as a way of enabling logging

Posts 13
Ollie Pindakaas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 8:36 AM

An imported file was missing. A restoration of Logos 7 later and Logos works fine...

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 8:37 AM

Ollie Pindakaas:

An imported file was missing. A restoration of Logos 7 later and Logos works fine...

Glad it is now working - and thanks for letting us know

Posts 13
Ollie Pindakaas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 9:02 AM

Back to start. It seems that Bit Defender recognize several files as a virus, the 'Atc4.Detection' and put them in quarantine...

This never happened before before on my desktop and previous laptop..

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 9:05 AM

Ollie Pindakaas:
Back to start. It seems that Bit Defender recognize several files as a virus, the 'Atc4.Detection'...

Does the suggestion made at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/151880/928160.aspx help?

Posts 13
Ollie Pindakaas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 9:14 AM

It did indeed, for now...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS