What is the "Free Training" that is listed as a "Feature" of Faithlife Connect

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 8 2018 6:09 AM

I assume this is something additional to the free Logos training videos offered to everyone, but I haven't found anything describing what it consists of or how it's accessed.

Can anyone provide a pointer to where it's described?

Posts 2748
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:40 AM

I'm guessing it refers to Logos Pro Training.

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:12 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Thanks for posting, Kevin!

The Logos Pro videos can be viewed by anyone, whether or not a Faithlife Connect member, so I hope that's not what they are referring to in the list of Faithlife Connect features/benefits.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:39 AM

It's available on the free tier of Connect so I think that's a reasonable guess. I'm not positive though.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:43 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Kevin A. Purcell:

The Logos Pro videos can be viewed by anyone, whether or not a Faithlife Connect member, so I hope that's not what they are referring to in the list of Faithlife Connect features/benefits.

I think Kevin is right to guess it's the Logos Pro training. It's nice padding; we're always dazzled by the word 'free'.

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:02 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Rick Ausdahl:

Kevin A. Purcell:

I think Kevin is right to guess it's the Logos Pro training. It's nice padding; we're always dazzled by the word 'free'.

Well, you all might be right, BUT ...IF THAT IS THE CASE, IT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS A FAITHLIFE CONNECT FEATURE/BENEFIT.

Can someone from Faithlife please respond?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:03 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Yasmin Stephen:

Well, you all might be right, BUT ...IF THAT IS THE CASE, IT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS A FAITHLIFE CONNECT FEATURE/BENEFIT.  No

But why not? I could understand if they only mentioned it under the paid tiers of Connect, but seeing as it's on the free tier as well, I don't see a problem with it?

Posts 4745
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:17 PM

James McAdams:

But why not? I could understand if they only mentioned it under the paid tiers of Connect, but seeing as it's on the free tier as well, I don't see a problem with it?

I agree. The Basic connect package specifies that you get 14-volume research library and some basic bibles study tools. In addition to that, you get free training to learn how to use those things.

Seems fine to me

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:37 PM

My goodness, people.  Cut FL some slack.  

Posts 4745
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:08 PM

Paul Strickert:

My goodness, people.  Cut FL some slack.  

Yes

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:15 PM

James McAdams:

Rick Ausdahl:

Yasmin Stephen:

Well, you all might be right, BUT ...IF THAT IS THE CASE, IT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS A FAITHLIFE CONNECT FEATURE/BENEFIT.  No

Because it's listing what are SUPPOSE to be the benefits of Faithlife Connect--things people might consider as reasons to be a Faithlife Connect member.  But the videos are available to EVERYONE, whether a Connect member or not.  In fact, video training was available before there was ever even a Logos Now subscription, let alone a Faithlife Connect subscription.  It just muddies the waters. The training videos have nothing to do with Connect per se--they are not a "Connect" perk and that's what these lists are suppose to be spelling out so people can better weigh the value of membership.  My two cents.  

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:35 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

[...] it's listing what are SUPPOSE to be the benefits of Faithlife Connect--things people might consider as reasons to be a Faithlife Connect member.  But the videos are available to EVERYONE, whether a Connect member or not.

Ah, I think that's where we disagree - I think you're looking at it as if Faithlife Connect is solely trying to attract existing customers who are already familiar with the product/offerings, but I think this is aimed at new customers at least as much as existing ones.

If someone signs up to Faithlife Connect and they're not familiar with Logos or want to improve their knowledge of it, it's helpful for them to know that they get training material included for free. That's all.

Posts 3543
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 5:11 PM

Isn't the free training the quickstart videos that come with a base package purchase?

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 6:08 PM

James McAdams:

Rick Ausdahl:

[...] it's listing what are SUPPOSE to be the benefits of Faithlife Connect--things people might consider as reasons to be a Faithlife Connect member.  But the videos are available to EVERYONE, whether a Connect member or not.

Ah, I think that's where we disagree - I think you're looking at it as if Faithlife Connect is solely trying to attract existing customers who are already familiar with the product/offerings, but I think this is aimed at new customers at least as much as existing ones.

If someone signs up to Faithlife Connect and they're not familiar with Logos or want to improve their knowledge of it, it's helpful for them to know that they get training material included for free. That's all.

Perhaps you're right, James.  But if that's the case, the feature/benefit listings fail existing Logos customers who are trying to determine what added value a Faithlife Connect membership will provide them.  I.e.  As an existing Logos customer, what will I get from a Connect subscription that I don't already have.  That's why I went to the Connect web pages -- to determine what the extra $100/year  for the Essentials level would provide that I don't already have.

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 6:10 PM

Mattillo:

Isn't the free training the quickstart videos that come with a base package purchase?

The quickstart videos are free to non Now/Connect members, but so are the Logos Pro videos.  I guess the bottom line is that a Connect membership does not provide any free training that isn't already available to non members.

Posts 3504
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 6:24 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

As an existing Logos customer, what will I get from a Connect subscription that I don't already have.  That's why I went to the Connect web pages -- to determine what the extra $100/year  for the Essentials level would provide that I don't already have.

Not the training, as you pointed out.

But the new benefits of access to two courses a year (up to $1500 value), and one free Lexham/Kirkdale Press book a month (average $300 value) do help tip the scales, when added to the early release access and discounts on libraries and other books.

Not sure what you mean by extra $100/year as LN was $100, and Connect (No Library) is still $100 for existing subscribers.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 1443
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 7:42 PM

PetahChristian:

Rick Ausdahl:

As an existing Logos customer, what will I get from a Connect subscription that I don't already have.  That's why I went to the Connect web pages -- to determine what the extra $100/year  for the Essentials level would provide that I don't already have.

But the new benefits of access to two courses a year (up to $1500 value), and one free Lexham/Kirkdale Press book a month (average $300 value) do help tip the scales, when added to the early release access and discounts on libraries and other books.

Not sure what you mean by extra $100/year as LN was $100, and Connect (No Library) is still $100 for existing subscribers.

I also appreciate the perks you mention.  I had let my LN subscription expire just before everything hit the fan with Faithlife Connect, and I don't think I would have dropped the LN subscription if the perks you noted had been in play.  In fact, the only reason I checked out the Connect web pages was that after reading Bob's post about the changes to be made as a result of all the negative Feedback to the original Connect implementation plan, I thought it was worth having another look but wanted to make sure I understood directly from the Connect web page what the benefits would be.

By "extra $100/year", I simply meant it was $100 a year I wouldn't be spending if not a subscriber to the Essentials package, which was the only package I would be considering.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 3:52 AM

I agree with you Rick. FL marketing is stating a benefit of connect membership is free training. Yet if all it is referring to is Logos Pro training then the marketing is misleading - no matter how others may want to try and paint it. It is not a benefit of a connect membership at all if it is available to those who are not connect members. 

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 4:01 AM

Petah you are once again throwing a red herring to try and distract attention from the issue the OP has raised - the m.Ed courses has nothing to do with the issue Rick raises and does not give FL a free pass to make misleading statements about other components of the offer. You have not been around long enough to understand FL marketing has a history of making misleading statements.

PetahChristian:

Rick Ausdahl:

But the new benefits of access to two courses a year (up to $1500 value), and one free Lexham/Kirkdale Press book a month (average $300 value) do help tip the scales, when added to the early release access and discounts on libraries and other books..

Posts 18124
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:10 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I assume this is something additional to the free Logos training videos offered to everyone, but I haven't found anything describing what it consists of or how it's accessed.

Clicking (i) for Free Training on https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing shows a pop-up:

Clicking (i) for Faithlife Courses on https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing shows a pop-up with a link:

Thankful for free Mobile Ed courses => LT270: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1:1–16 and => LT271: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1 that can be used "inside the app" (albeit everyone can freely obtain a "permanent" license so Connect subscription could include "temporary" license). Personally would appreciate Faithlife adding a link to Free Training pop-up for clarification.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS