Liturgy of the Hours/Breviary for Verbum??

Page 3 of 6 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 114 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:07 AM

If you own Verbum 9 Gold (or higher), then it will automatically be added to your library.

Note again that Liturgy of the Hours is only available for customers in America. The Latin Edition, when it's produced, will be available worldwide.

Posts 222
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:25 AM

awesome!  Thanks!

Posts 184
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:41 AM

Just bought Platinum and it doesn't seem to have downloaded...at least I can't find it in my library.

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:44 AM

Kevin S. Coy:

Just bought Platinum and it doesn't seem to have downloaded...at least I can't find it in my library.

There were some problems with the resource as tested in beta so they may be delaying it by a few days. I've not heard anything about how long they expected the fix to take.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 184
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:52 AM

Thanks MJ.

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:54 AM

Kevin S. Coy:

As I posted earlier, it's not shipping immediately at launch because we're putting finishing touches on it. Soon!

Posts 184
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:59 AM

D'oh!  Missed that.  My bad.  Thanks....and thanks for the work on V9.  I'm impressed with what little I've seen so far.

Posts 222
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 5:06 PM

I know the finishing touches are still being worked on - but do you know if there will be a dashboard/home screen card available for it like the lectionary card?

Posts 1273
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 5:16 PM

Chris K:

I know the finishing touches are still being worked on - but do you know if there will be a dashboard/home screen card available for it like the lectionary card?

I’d like that. Put it next to my other initial devotions before I start studying for the morning

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 8:34 PM

I've seen no indication that a ordo/lectionary is being built for it

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 222
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:41 PM

While I am excited for this resource, that is disappointing if the Ordo isn't built for it to work similar to the Lectionary - especially since that is integral to how it is normally used.  Hopefully someone from FL can clarify/shed light on this?

Posts 1273
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 9:59 AM

Chris K:

While I am excited for this resource, that is disappointing if the Ordo isn't built for it to work similar to the Lectionary - especially since that is integral to how it is normally used.  Hopefully someone from FL can clarify/shed light on this?

Seconded. It really needs to be this

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5602
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 12:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

I've seen no indication that a ordo/lectionary is being built for it

Nor I. But if they do decide to make one, it would really be an ordo, not a lectionary, that they should make.

Posts 2874
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 2:33 PM

Exactly what is contained in Liturgy of the Hours.  

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 3:43 PM

SineNomine:
, not a lectionary, that they should make.

I was thinking "lectionary" in the sense of reusing existing functionality rather than waiting in line for new programming.

Posts 612
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:15 AM

Has the Liturgy of the Hours shipped yet? 

I purchased the package that contains them but have not yet received them. 

Posts 1273
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:20 AM

Still waiting 

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 612
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:35 AM

Thanks David 

Posts 60
Patrick Fleischmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 9:40 AM

Has anyone heard anything more about whether they'll create something like a dashboard/home screen card for it?  I can pray it with the 4 volume physical set, but that wasn't an easy thing to get the knack of.  I started with the brothers on EWTN via shortwave in the mornings like 25 years ago.  I got lost so many times at first and couldn't keep up that the initial volume I was using about took flight across my living room any number of times.  I now buy a little paperback page guide every year just to help ensure I'm in the right spot on any given day.  They really need to create a home screen digital version of that - not recreate that guide but essentially have it in software so you can focus on the prayer and not moving about the volume - because if you're doing it with a physical volume you are definitely moving about the volume.  There are iOS versions of the breviary now that remove all that tediousness of the physical volumes and just let you focus on the prayer and not the mechanics.  If Verbum is going to publish the volumes then they need to do the same thing and truly leverage their platform with these.

Posts 1273
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 9:57 AM

I agree there. It won’t be a useful resource without it... probably less convenient  than the four physical volumes

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Page 3 of 6 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS