Mike Heiser Special Edition Logos 7

Page 1 of 5 (98 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 97 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 41
Steven New | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2019 7:17 PM

https://www.logos.com/special-edition-heiser-collection?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=promo-heiserbp&utm_content=logos_heiser_bundle_announcement%20(1)&spMailingID=2836119&spUserID=MTQ5OTQ3NzIzMjcS1&spJobID=701148455&spReportId=NzAxMTQ4NDU1S0

I got this link for a new base package of Logos 7.  It looks interesting but I could not find a way to see all the resources listed in the package.  Anyway, I thought other here might be interested in it as well.

Steven

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 7:22 PM

Here is the direct link - https://www.logos.com/product/170219/unfiltered

Click "New to You" to see what you don't own.

Edit: to see the details you have to click "Buy Now" and then click in name of the item.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 413
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 7:38 PM

"Nephilim-Sized Savings!"  Now THAT has to be a classic line in marketing history!  Very clever.  

I appreciate the tip on this collection.  Thanks, Guys!

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 8:58 PM

Steven New:

https://www.logos.com/special-edition-heiser-collection?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=promo-heiserbp&utm_content=logos_heiser_bundle_announcement%20(1)&spMailingID=2836119&spUserID=MTQ5OTQ3NzIzMjcS1&spJobID=701148455&spReportId=NzAxMTQ4NDU1S0

I got this link for a new base package of Logos 7.  It looks interesting but I could not find a way to see all the resources listed in the package.  Anyway, I thought other here might be interested in it as well.

Steven

Thank you, Steven. I picked up NIGTC at 75% off. Never had bought it through the years.

It came with most of the L8 stuff for my L7. I hope there's no L8 ... they promised just L7.

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:25 PM

Denise:

It came with most of the L8 stuff for my L7. I hope there's no L8 ... they promised just L7.

I see the title of this thread says L7 but when you go to the link and the product page that was given it clearly says L8 on the picture (above unfiltered).

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:33 PM

Is this Logos trying to sell their "L7 Full Feature" dataset for those didn't buy it  in L7 and L8?

Pretty sneaky by bundling it with Mike Heiser's stuffs. Anyway, just my 2cents

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:40 AM

Amazing deal! All those other resources and Mobile Ed courses for $60 buck! 👍😁👌 Thanks FL!

DAL

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 5:11 AM

mike:
Is this Logos trying to sell their "L7 Full Feature" dataset for those didn't buy it  in L7 and L8?

It's not the L7 Feature Set, because it includes most (but not all) of the new L8 datasets.

That said, if you've been holding off buying the L8 Features (as I had, because I've got Connect), buying this is a great way of getting most of them. For many people, it will be cheaper too. It cost me $95 to get five MobileEd packages and three books, which in turn knocked $109 off the price of a Feature Set.

Posts 44
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 10:03 AM

Mark Barnes:

mike:

It's not the L7 Feature Set, because it includes most (but not all) of the new L8 datasets.

That said, if you've been holding off buying the L8 Features (as I had, because I've got Connect), buying this is a great way of getting most of them. For many people, it will be cheaper too. It cost me $95 to get five MobileEd packages and three books, which in turn knocked $109 off the price of a Feature Set.

Agreed. The courses alone would have likely convinced me to go for it, but throwing in all those datasets makes it a done deal to me even as a Connect subscriber. 

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:08 AM

Tom Reynolds:

Denise:

I see the title of this thread says L7 but when you go to the link and the product page that was given it clearly says L8 on the picture (above unfiltered).

Thank you, Tom

Yes, I was joking ... my L7 PC is offline, my guess for a couple of years ... no hurry. Hopefully L9 will have the new search interface in development for 8 or 9 years. Good mapping 5 or 6 years from now.

The title seemed to imply you need L7 to qualify. My new don't-update policy paid off, maybe.

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:26 PM

OK someone help me out.

I am a Faithlife Connect subscriber so that is how I am accessing Logos 8.  With this package, am I now owning most of the things I am only renting through Faithlife Connect?

Why is this such a good deal?  Just for the NIGTC its worth buying this package.

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Posts 2181
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:54 PM

Brad:

OK someone help me out.

I am a Faithlife Connect subscriber so that is how I am accessing Logos 8.  With this package, am I now owning most of the things I am only renting through Faithlife Connect?

Why is this such a good deal?  Just for the NIGTC its worth buying this package.

I am a FL Connect subscriber as well. I am undecided on this package, however, the point being made is that with little additional cost over the resources you get, you also get permanent licenses on many features in the event in the future you wish to no longer subscribe. I guess it is future proofing at a relatively low cost if that makes sense.

The way I buy base packages is to review what I don't have and what I really want; add those up and if the price is still a good deal, budget permitting, I may buy it. For me, this package is more about the resources with the features thrown in.

Does that help?

Posts 3156
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:40 PM

Mine was $102, it says for 107 resources, which is really not true- its actually only 18 books, the rest is the features I already have through FL Connect- so to me its not such a hot deal. 

This is the same way they do base packages, tell you so many resources but you have to subtract the features that are only on temp license.

One reason my purchasing has been drop to almost zero, only buying single volume or sets if I deem they are worth it.

I don't count this set as worth it.

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:58 PM

Depends on where one is in the food chain.

My own opinion, this is the best ever buy-it-once package ever offerred (for a $400 price-point).

It's about the same price as my OL package 15 years ago (including inflation). My old OL is peanuts compared to this one. No comparison (even if you include Libby)

If I was starting anew, I get this plus Word (or ones favorite commentary). Any serious Bible student, done.

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:57 PM

I see that this includes Logos Maps vol 3 which I don't have. I apparently own the first two volumes but they've disappeared into a tool or something as I can't locate them. So what exactly would vol 3 add? https://www.logos.com/product/45673/logos-bible-maps-volume-3 The product page isn't very informative and apparently they are "still" adding maps when they become available which seems unlikely. I found this thread which didn't explain much either https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93217.aspx

Puzzled in Pensacola (not really)

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:30 PM

I am quite pleased to polish off some wanted resources for $75. 

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:59 PM

Denise:
My own opinion, this is the best ever buy-it-once package ever offerred (for a $400 price-point).

I agree with you Denise. To purchase it I canceled several pre-pub orders. My price was only $66 but I've committed to sticking to a defined budget this year. If anyone is on the fence I would encourage them to consider this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 6:57 PM

John Fidel:

Brad:

OK someone help me out.

I am a FL Connect subscriber as well. I am undecided on this package, however, the point being made is that with little additional cost over the resources you get, you also get permanent licenses on many features in the event in the future you wish to no longer subscribe. I guess it is future proofing at a relatively low cost if that makes sense.

The way I buy base packages is to review what I don't have and what I really want; add those up and if the price is still a good deal, budget permitting, I may buy it. For me, this package is more about the resources with the features thrown in.

Does that help?

Definitely helps.  So would this upgrade give us access to resoircrewe currently don't have through faithlife connect?  When I click "new to me" there is quite a few datasets and other features that show as new.

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Posts 3164
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 7:33 PM

Brad:
So would this upgrade give us access to resoircrewe currently don't have through faithlife connect?

It has some books and courses that don't come with your subscription, but from a feature/tool perspective, no. This upgrade offers a subset of features and tools that are provided by Faithlife Connect. Faithlife Connect provides more features and tools than what this upgrade offers.

Brad:
When I click "new to me" there is quite a few datasets and other features that show as new.

That's just because the store doesn't consider subscribing as ownership. Faithlife Connect provides you with a temporary license to those datasets and features (as long as your subscription continues), so they're not really "new" to you, merely presently unowned by you.

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:14 AM

I need to figure out how to shoehorn this into my budget. It's a great value.Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 5 (98 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS