Any hot rumors on MM?

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 676
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:19 PM

I've heard MM will be completely different this year. Any rumors?

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:57 PM

It depends...what did you hear? 👂 

Posts 26518
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:09 PM

Dale E Heath:
Any rumors?

No, so you are free to start any you would like.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:12 PM

Whatever it is going to be, it should be fun. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:23 PM

Last year it was unheard of! I doubt they’ll be able to match it, unless they do a repeat 👍😁👌 Or...

My dream MM would be a Base Package Face Off, with dynamic pricing activated to maximize the discount! I think we have plenty to vote for 🤑

DAL

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:42 PM

Discount too small to start with. We ended up just doing the waiting game till it finish. Only the last 3 worth the discounts. Don't put your energy to it.

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:52 PM

Every year, MM is ho-hum to me. I have all the titles they offer in it already. They'd have to offer some of the publisher-based expansion bundles for me to have any interest at all, so I could choose publishers that I like. E.g., the Zondervan Ultimate Bible Reference Bundle (210 vols.) or the Eerdmans Theology & Biblical Studies Collection (41 vols.). The latter is in pre-pub still, and they've never offered pre-pubs in MM before to my knowledge, but I like the idea of having pre-pubs offered for an even deeper discount in MM, since some of us already have most everything else we'd want to buy, so we can't benefit from MM. And the MM discount would have to apply on top of any already discounted dynamic price for me or I wouldn't go for it.

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 9:44 AM

Oh crap. There's a big sale every march? I don't think i'll be able to take advantage of it but i hope so. this thread is rather amusing. "any hot rumors." :D

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 9:49 AM

The word is out! Just received an email from Faithlife that the brackets will include books of the Bible. (How does a parent vote on his/her favorite child?).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3236
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 9:53 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dale E Heath:
Any rumors?

😂

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:40 AM

Chris Belmonte:
There's a big sale every march?

Yes. Typically FL has a sale they call "March Madness." In previous years, various authors were pitted against each other (march madness (American college basketball) / bracket style). The longer an author lasted, the greater the discount. FL & Publishers had control over which resources were discounted... so no promises that every book by an author would be discounted. Typically the "winner" would have a 75% mark down. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 325
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:41 AM

Mattillo:

MJ. Smith:

Dale E Heath:
Any rumors?

😂

85% Off all base packages!!!

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:55 AM

This mornings email: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/179401/1036508.aspx#1036508 

Gives a start to some rumors...

Richard Villanueva:

Contest of "testaments"? Maybe they are pitting NT Commentaries vs OT Commentaries? 

Or it's NT Books Throwdown vs OT Books throwdown and then the two testaments will face off in the last round? 

Big discounts on resources about the book that takes that trophy?

Maybe a special round for the dueterocannon... Sirach FTW. Hmm

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:25 AM

Richard Villanueva:
Maybe a special round for the dueterocannon... Sirach FTW. Hmm

"Final Four" of OT, NT, Deuterocannon & Gnostic Gospels/Other Testaments?Wink

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10
Defenders Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:40 AM

Romans will probably win. Pulling for Leviticus!

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:41 AM

It looks like this year will be quite a bit different.

Does anyone remember how many years has March Madness been offered now?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 12:04 PM

I’d like to see some sort of community pricing show off / clearinghouse. Something like the top N items that get closest to their mark get put in production. Gathers interest in items, clears out some items, and everything is guaranteed to be new too everyone.

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 12:24 PM

Randy W. Sims:

I’d like to see some sort of community pricing show off / clearinghouse. Something like the top N items that get closest to their mark get put in production. Gathers interest in items, clears out some items, and everything is guaranteed to be new too everyone.

👍🏽 Just crazy enough to actually work.....  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS