Lexham Geographical Commentary on Acts to Revelation

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 46
Dean J. Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 12 2019 10:55 AM

Looking for some insight on what is happening with recent 8.3 update.  I appreciate the update and a number of resources that I now find in my library (I assume with temporary licenses).  Among the resources was the Lexham Geographical Commentary on Acts to Revelation.

I have two questions about the commentary:

(1)  I have this book on my order page and it is showing "under contract."  Is Faithlife still catching up on its paperwork and I should expect a charge soon?  Or do I have a early edition of a work that is not quite finished? 

(2)  Are the media clips inserted into the work without sound or is there a bug that prevents the text or voice from coming through the system?  If the work is not quite finished, that could account for the lack of sound on the media clips.  I do not know and would appreciate some insight.  Thanks.

Posts 752
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 11:05 AM

Dean J. Ferguson:

Looking for some insight on what is happening with recent 8.3 update.  I appreciate the update and a number of resources that I now find in my library (I assume with temporary licenses).  Among the resources was the Lexham Geographical Commentary on Acts to Revelation.

I have two questions about the commentary:

(1)  I have this book on my order page and it is showing "under contract."  Is Faithlife still catching up on its paperwork and I should expect a charge soon?  Or do I have a early edition of a work that is not quite finished? 

(2)  Are the media clips inserted into the work without sound or is there a bug that prevents the text or voice from coming through the system?  If the work is not quite finished, that could account for the lack of sound on the media clips.  I do not know and would appreciate some insight.  Thanks.

This is an update to the resource since the first release, but it's not the final version. 

Some images are linked to videos, which should open in the Media Tool, and selecting them there typically opens a browser to play the actual video. If that's not working for you, then something's wrong. Can you point to specific videos that aren't working? 

Posts 46
Dean J. Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 1:26 PM

Sean,  In response to your request, I went back into the first chapter of the commentary and rechecked the videos.  This time I had music and voice on all of the video clips except for the "1st Century Jerusalem Flyover" (which may or may not have audio comments).  I am not sure what has happened from one day until now, but I am pleased.  I have not been further into the work to know if there were other problems.  Thanks for the insight and clarification.

Posts 752
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 2:08 PM

Right, there's no audio for the Jerusalem flyover. Glad things are working as expected. 

Posts 6315
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:36 PM

Both geographical commentaries are super great 👍 

DAL

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 1:08 AM

So, basically we can now take this off of our "order page"?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 4:37 AM

I'm just trying to watch some of the videos now and I can't get any of them to load using the iOS app - is this a limitation of the resource or a bug for which I should provide more details? I'd love to be able to see some of this stuff, but scarcely get the chance to use my laptop.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 4:49 AM

Can't get it to work in the web app either. Sad times.

Posts 46
Dean J. Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:30 AM

I plan to keep mine on order until I receive the final edition.

Posts 752
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 4:01 PM

Thanks for reporting these issues: they've uncovered a few problems in the web and mobile apps that I've passed along to our developers. 

These videos should play correctly in the desktop version for now. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS