I used the same way you used with the stream deck Smile

For the price it's amazing small keypad, 

I will post an update image, soon just need to update some key icons 

Mick

Mick
Posts 318
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 11:20 AM

i everybody

this is an update on the programmable small keypad I've got it currently working so I can just press one key to open up a layout

in logos 8

Smile

Mick
Posts 101
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 11:36 AM

Cool... isn't great using Logos with all these shortcuts? I've now got 3 Logos folders with a total of 96 shortcuts!

Posts 318
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 4:13 PM

It's amazing how the shortcuts, can be programmed into a £30 keypad 

using only one key press instead of pressing down 

3 keys and to remember the keys to press in the. Ist place Smile

I have 3 programme keypad layers this gives 60 keys to play with 

This small keypad dose not have the small led key screen 

Which the powerful Stream Deck until has, 

I printed out the keys art work on a very glossy waterproof vinyl 

With a inkjet printer 

Thanks for the Stream Deck image will use some of them 

To make an overlay card for the green and red Layers 

Mick

Mick
Posts 15
Richard Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:55 AM

Hi Michael,

I was just wondering where you found a Stream Deck for that price. I am seeing much higher prices in my search.

Grace and Peace,
Richard

Posts 318
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 6:39 PM

Hi

Keypad I am using in not a Stream Deck 

Stream Deck is a powerful peace of kit 

For me thay are out of my price range 

You can get a programmable keypad from about £30.00 to £45.00

This is the make I used 

There are lots of  programmable keypad on the market

this is the one that works for me 

Koolertron One Handed Macro Mechanical Keyboard, Blue LED Backlit Portable Mini One-Handed Mechanical Gaming Keypad 23 Fully Programmable Keys Blue Switches with Retro Classic Typewriter Round Keycaps

Mick

Mick
Posts 66
FrMoses | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 4:52 PM

Hello,

May I ask how you configured Keyboard Maestro to change Logos' program size and open your study layout? I'm stuck on this step and can't figure out how to do this. 

Thanks!

I use Verbum with an 8-Core Mac Pro (2013) and a MacBook Pro (2017)

Posts 180
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 5:10 PM

My pleasure. 

1) In the Stream Deck app, type "Key" in the search bar. Open automation, and you'll see Keyboard Maestro:

2) Drag Keyboard Maestro to your chosen spot:

3) Give it whatever title you would like it to have; don't worry about Button ID, Virtual Row, or Virtual Column

4) Go into Keyboard Maestro and find the macro you want to assign to the button:

5) Click on New Trigger, and choose USB Device Key Trigger

You the box that opens up will say "none." Select it, and then press the key on your Stream Deck. The Trigger will show "Stream Deck" followed by the coordinates of the button:

Every once in a while you might have to delete the trigger and start that part over again. Make sure that after you select New Trigger you don't touch any button except the Stream Deck button you want to assign. Oh, and if you drag the Stream Deck button to a new location you'll have to reassign the button.

Posts 180
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 5:12 PM

I've uploaded steps; Logos wants an admin to review it first, probably because Stream Deck is a third-party product, but it shouldn't be long.

Posts 180
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2020 7:50 AM

You know, I should have read your post more carefully!

Here's a screen shot of one of my layout loading macros. There are four steps:

1) Activate Logos (it's probably already at the front if you want this, but I like to make sure).

2) Type Option+Command+L to put the cursor in the command bar in Logos.

3) Type the text you want. For my example, it's "Load Matthew Sermon" – Matthew Sermon is the name of my current study layout.

4) Type the Return keystroke. 

To perform other actions (open other layouts, resize the program size, etc., just replace "Load Matthew Sermon" with whatever text is appropriate. Type it in the command bar yourself first and make sure it's correct, and then pop it into Keyboard Maestro. When I create a new macro, I just duplicate an existing macro, change the name, update the text field, and change the trigger.

Posts 180
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2020 7:57 AM

I posted another response, but Logos wants to approve that one, too. I must not be trustworthy or something. Let me describe it for you.

In Keyboard Maestro, create a new macro, and name it as you desire. (I'll assume you know how to use Keyboard Maestro, let me know if you need more specific instructions).

This macro will have four steps. 

Step 1: Activate Logos (Logos is probably already open, but I use a couple of different apps on different monitors, so I like to make sure that Logos is in front).

Step 2: Type a Keystroke, specifically Option+Command+L. This will put the cursor into the command bar in Logos.

Step 3: Insert Text. For instance, my primary study layout right now is named "Matthew Sermon," so I type this into the Insert Text box: Open Matthew Sermon. ("Insert text by" can be set to typing or pasting). 

Step 4: Type a Keystroke, specifically Return, to complete the macro. 

Hope this helps.

Posts 66
FrMoses | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2020 10:13 PM

Very helpful, thank you.

If I'm not mistaken, Logos for Mac is missing the Logos for Windows shortcut that allows opening layouts, so this is much needed.

I hope someone at Faithlife will consider this +1 for layout shortcuts in Mac. 

I use Verbum with an 8-Core Mac Pro (2013) and a MacBook Pro (2017)

Posts 180
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 4:11 AM

There are probably differences between Mac and Windows versions. In the past I've dragged layouts up into the shortcuts bar to make them clickable, and now with Stream Deck I have a quick way of using the command bar, and I use both, depending.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS