Memorial Day Sale

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 52 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 10:00 AM

Thank you, Jan. That's a good list. Combing through the items I find I have over half of the titles already, including some I completely forget I had! It's a Memorial Day in another sense for me.

There's an "owned" filter to list out the resources I have. This feature is very useful to me.

Posts 438
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 11:56 AM

Hey JT and Jan, I believe I remember a faithlife employee state that they do not follow the general forum.  That according to him all the other forums are followed by faithlife employees.  Thanks I hope that clears it up.

Posts 19040
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 3:11 PM

Jan Krohn:
Any particular reason why it should be posted in a different category? I have the impression that "general" is by far the most active one.

Pricing issue has a more specific forum => Logos.com since Memorial Day sale is on Logos.com website.

Thankful for Memorial Day sale prices appearing this weekend.

Unowned filter reduces list => https://www.logos.com/search?filters=producttype-memorialday2020_Product%20Type&sortBy=Savings&limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 10:01 PM

Is it correct that the Church of God Bundle

https://www.logos.com/product/181613/church-of-god-bundle

does not have dynamic pricing?

Posts 2091
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 3:38 AM

Armin:

correct.    

Posts 395
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 10:54 AM

Dale E Heath:

There are several books on sale that are in the Connect list of 3 free books a month category. I have to double check to make sure I don't pay for anything I can get for free. I'll never live long enough to get them all though.

One thing to keep in mind here. Myself for example have the Connect Essentials/No Library at the  old Logos Now price ($99.00).

The way I figure things is that I am pre-paying for those 3 books a month. 3/month * 12 months = 36 books per year for $99.00 works out to be $2.75 per book. So if the sale price is at or below that price point then it makes sense to buy at the sale price.

Example: This item (collection) https://www.logos.com/product/5175/the-life-and-works-of-horatius-bonar 

My price (I own 12 of the volumes already) is $55.43 for 35 volumes. That works out to $1.58 each. A much better deal price wise.

Don't look at the connect books as being free because you are in actuality paying for them. You have to figure out your own price point of course but just thought I would bring it up.

Posts 57
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 2:50 PM

Dear Friends, 

Is it worth to buy this series: Navarre Bible, Standard Edition (19 vols.)?
Any thoughts?
What is the difference between Navarre Bible and 
New Interpreter’s Bible (12 vols.)?

Thank you in advance!
Blessings! 

Posts 31367
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 4:20 PM

The Navarre Bible, which is presented here without the Latin Vulgate, is a Conservative Catholic (Opus Dei) commentary originally formatted as footnotes to the Bible Text. IIRC it makes use of the Church Fathers and church documents.

The New Interpreter's Bible is a mainline commentary in a more standard commentary format - it is not specifically Catholic.

Both have their place where they are useful. How useful depends on your needs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 6:39 PM

MJ. Smith:
The New Interpreter's Bible is a mainline commentary in a more standard commentary format - it is not specifically Catholic.

Adding, New Jerome's and New Interpreters are neck and neck twins (with slight theology differences).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 12:05 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Armin:

correct.    

This is a pity. I have quite a few of the books already so it is not worth to purchase the bundle.

Posts 57
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 5:25 AM

Thank you very much MJ. Smith! Yes

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 5:49 AM

fr.paul:

Thank you very much MJ. Smith! Yes

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS