Logos 9 - Arrival Time?

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2020 6:50 PM

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Might be able to apply that to logos releases also lol.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4839
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2020 8:54 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Steve Shelton:

Any idea as to when Logos 9 might arrive?

If I were to post, "I'm guessing tomorrow!" on a daily basis

If I were to tell you, "it will ship at noon on one weekday in the following week but the launch will be a surprise to you" ... does that mean the launch will never occur at all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox#Description

Big Smile

Clearly not on WEDNESDAY! Big Smile

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 88
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 2:19 PM

Has anyone watched the new tutorial videos on YouTube? The interface is changed in several ways. I’ve only used logos 8 so I’m not sure if it’s a new version or not.

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 2:20 PM

oldpaths:
Has anyone watched the new tutorial videos on YouTube?

Which ones are you referring to?

Posts 4
PaulC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 5:49 PM

Which is precisely why I don't "upgrade"; and I don't want to be freight loaded with resources I'll never use just to justify level compatibility between versions.

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 6:22 PM

PaulC:

Which is precisely why I don't "upgrade"; and I don't want to be freight loaded with resources I'll never use just to justify level compatibility between versions.

Okay, I am totally confused. While there are features that require specific datasets to work, with a few exceptions (I can remember one in the last decade) updating of resources is not required for the change of features and interfaces. That is why there are three ways to update when a major change in the user interface occurs:

1. Free upgrade: interface changes without new datasets or resources
  2. Features upgrade: but the new features and the datasets powering them
  3. Features and resources upgrade: the common option that (optionally) upgrades your features, datasets, and you libraries. This is what you refer to as "loaded with resources I'll never use" ... which is probably true for everyone but often the discount on the resources you want makes it worth accepting the others ... especially when they can be hidden or left in the cloud.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 6:26 PM

oldpaths:
I’ve only used logos 8 so I’m not sure if it’s a new version or not.

They cannot be a newer version than the latest version of Logos 8 - which is usually updated every 6 weeks. Logos 9 is not available. It is more likely that they are a prior version or that you are responding to the user's customization.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 88
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 9:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

oldpaths:
I’ve only used logos 8 so I’m not sure if it’s a new version or not.

They cannot be a newer version than the latest version of Logos 8 - which is usually updated every 6 weeks. Logos 9 is not available. It is more likely that they are a prior version or that you are responding to the user's customization.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYF27R1VLU&t=154s

does anyone know what version this is?

Posts 29036
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:16 PM

What looks different to you?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29036
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:21 PM

Also, which specific version of the engine are you using?

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:38 PM

oldpaths:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYF27R1VLU&t=154s

does anyone know what version this is?

It was produced under Logos 7 - it is one of a number (collected together at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030515792-Resource-Videos

Posts 82
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 3:54 AM

since They just published these MANY tutorials to their yuutube, can we make the assumption that Logos 9 is not coming out soon? Why would they produce/publish so many tutorials for L8 to be out of date in only a couple of months?

Posts 29036
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 4:28 AM

Josh Moore:
can we make the assumption that Logos 9 is not coming out soon?

no. I see no reason to make that assumption. 

Josh Moore:
Why would they produce/publish so many tutorials for L8 to be out of date in only a couple of months?

If Graham is right, and it was L7, why would you think that would mean any sort of "delay" in L9?

Posts 4839
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 4:45 AM

Josh Moore:
since They just published these MANY tutorials to their yuutube, can we make the assumption that Logos 9 is not coming out soon?

Maybe it means there's been an internal policy change and their Logos/Verbum 9 tutorial videos won't have to wait years to be posted to Youtube.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 82
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 5:15 AM

JT (alabama24):

If Graham is right, and it was L7, why would you think that would mean any sort of "delay" in L9?

I don’t know that there is a “delay” but possibly a very different timeline for release than what many are hoping to be a Fall 2020 release. I’m assuming the publishing of videos on YouTube indicates either FL is nudging users to double down on learning L8 to the best of it‘s potential OR they’re putting more of an emphasis YouTube than in the past.

I guess it just seems strange to have a slow stream of tutorial videos on YouTube for L8 rather than publishing them all at once. Tutorials are different from review or vlogger style videos in that those decreases in value/views quickly. In contrast, tutorials stand the test of time because there is always somebody wanting a crash course.

It‘s just an interesting approach that may give insight or be the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist  

Posts 4839
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 5:29 AM

Josh Moore:
I’m assuming the publishing of videos on YouTube indicates either FL is nudging users to double down on learning L8 to the best of it‘s potential OR they’re putting more of an emphasis YouTube than in the past.

But the ones that have been posted are for Logos 7.

Posts 486
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 5:29 AM

Josh Moore:

JT (alabama24):

I don’t know that there is a “delay” but possibly a very different timeline for release than what many are hoping to be a Fall 2020 release. I’m assuming the publishing of videos on YouTube indicates either FL is nudging users to double down on learning L8 to the best of it‘s potential OR they’re putting more of an emphasis YouTube than in the past.

I guess it just seems strange to have a slow stream of tutorial videos on YouTube for L8 rather than publishing them all at once. Tutorials are different from review or vlogger style videos in that those decreases in value/views quickly. In contrast, tutorials stand the test of time because there is always somebody wanting a crash course.

It‘s just an interesting approach that may give insight or be the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist  

The one thing that has me wondering about some of the newer tutorial videos is that they are basic functions (one that I don't think would change between 8 and 9), and that the layout interface has changed/is different than right now on Logos 8. 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2020 5:39 AM

I think FL was making up for screwing up the L8 interface, making extra special videos for us L7-ers. Especially since the L9 will also be screwed up. Smile

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 720
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:24 AM

I wonder if the drying up of Logos Beta test versions means anything?

Shalom

Posts 1853
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 4:11 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
I wonder if the drying up of Logos Beta test versions means anything?

That, and watch for a lonely 'Release Candidate 1' of 8.16 shipping on an unusual day of the week.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS