How Long Will the "Limited Time" Sale Last?

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:42 AM

Good Morning!  

This whole transition business is exciting and a little unnerving.  Buy hey..., that can be a good thing.  Thank you so much for trying so hard to make this easier for us.

It's going to take me a little while to figure out whether or not I want to upgrade to a higher feature level or even to do that as part of a pre-defined library upgrade.

I appreciate that the sale (incentive to upgrade) will only last for a limited time.  But it would be helpful to know whether I have a few days, a few weeks, or a few months to complete my evaluation.  I'd hate to decide too late that I want to upgrade and then have to pay substantially more because the sale has ended.

How long will this "Limited Time" sale last?

Posts 2008
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:56 PM

Homer Shoemaker:

Good Morning!  

This whole transition business is exciting and a little unnerving.  Buy hey..., that can be a good thing.  Thank you so much for trying so hard to make this easier for us.

It's going to take me a little while to figure out whether or not I want to upgrade to a higher feature level or even to do that as part of a pre-defined library upgrade.

I appreciate that the sale (incentive to upgrade) will only last for a limited time.  But it would be helpful to know whether I have a few days, a few weeks, or a few months to complete my evaluation.  I'd hate to decide too late that I want to upgrade and then have to pay substantially more because the sale has ended.

How long will this "Limited Time" sale last?

I'll have to check in with the team, but I think it was supposed to run 3 or 4 weeks.

Posts 2185
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:32 PM

Homer Shoemaker:
I'd hate to decide too late that I want to upgrade and then have to pay substantially more because the sale has ended.

this is personal SPECULATION , but Logos 8 is nearing 2 years old and several users are expecting Logos9 before the holidays. New release traditionally has involved significant discounts on package upgrades. 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3840
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 4:20 PM

David Thomas:
New release traditionally has involved significant discounts on package upgrades.

The only catch (as you know) is that the package contents are redone every major release, and a resource which was included in L8 may no longer be included in the same package for L9.

I'd hate for a Wordsearch customer to miss out on a desired resource that gets removed from a package to accommodate new material.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 4:28 PM

The present discounts offered to Wordsearch users may also be better discounts than are available to them whenever 9 comes out.

Posts 9305
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 4:30 PM

And if they do get tempted once L9 comes out, they will get dynamic pricing based on what they buy now at the 50% discount, so little to lose if they see a package they like now. 50% off is a serious incentive.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 4:53 PM

Mark Smith:
50% off is a serious incentive.

Enough to make me kinda wish I hadn't stuck with a free version of Wordsearch.

Posts 4116
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 6:48 PM

SineNomine:

Mark Smith:

I had a paid version of WS12 and I didn't get a discount code/opportunity.  I believe it is only for the newbies

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:11 AM

Thank you for your responses, everyone.  It looks like I should not delay my evaluation.   

Mark Smith:

And if they do get tempted once L9 comes out, they will get dynamic pricing based on what they buy now at the 50% discount, so little to lose if they see a package they like now. 50% off is a serious incentive.

That's a really good point!

Posts 1484
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:31 AM

Mattillo:

SineNomine:

Mark Smith:

I had a paid version of WS12 and I didn't get a discount code/opportunity.  I believe it is only for the newbies

I also had a paid version of WS and didn't get a discount code so am guessing Mattillo is correct about it only being for WS customers who didn't already have Logos.  (Though I was only on WS11, so I don't know if that would be a factor.)

Posts 2
Harold Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:21 AM

Curious. I'm a WS12 owner/user, and after just plowing through the plethora of emails - again - from both WS and Logos, I see nothing about a discount. Where am I missing that?

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:32 AM

Hello Harold,

In the email from the Faithlife CEO, Bob Pritchett, in the paragraph labeled "Getting comfortable with Logos", in the fourth bullet point, you'll see the discount referenced along with a link.

Posts 4116
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:40 AM

What email?

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:57 AM

Hello Mattillo,

I received two emails early Friday evening announcing the acquisition of Wordsearch by Faithlife.  One came from the CEO of LifeWay, and one came from the CEO of Faithlife. It is the latter email that I referenced in my response to Harold.  

Perhaps these particular emails only went out to customers who owned the Wordsearch product, but who did not also own the Logos product.  

Posts 615
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:05 AM

I didn't get an email, but perhaps that's because I was an old QuickVerse customer who never actually used Wordsearch.

Posts 4116
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:06 AM

Thank you Homer. I didn’t get emails from anyone and saw the acquisition on the WS blog then the logos forums. Oh well :)

Posts 4108
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:39 AM

SineNomine:

Mark Smith:

I had a paid version, the good discounts seem to be for those who weren't already heavily invested in Logos.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2185
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:44 AM

Mattillo:
. I didn’t get emails from anyone

Since I had different email addresses connected to each program, I did receive the acquisition emails in my email account connected to WS. If you had the same email for both accounts it may explain the messages you can't find. Perhaps message were marked as Junk/Spam/focused?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 4116
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:59 AM

David Thomas:

Mattillo:
. I didn’t get emails from anyone

Since I had different email addresses connected to each program, I did receive the acquisition emails in my email account connected to WS. If you had the same email for both accounts it may explain the messages you can't find. Perhaps message were marked as Junk/Spam/focused?

Good thought but no. Nothing in junk and same email

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:57 PM

Mattillo:

SineNomine:

Mark Smith:

Makes me glad I stuck with a free version of Wordsearch. Wink

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS