What were you most excited to see in Logos 9? Positive feedback

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 58 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 84
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:17 AM

I thought I would start a positive thread... Smile

I was initially really excited to see the Lexham Context Commentary because it is something I had thought about purchasing when it first came out, but that's personal to me more likely than most.

I also think the Counseling Guide will be helpful for pastors that aren't particularly gifted toward counseling build empathy in areas they aren't experienced with. This is a win for the body of Christ in my mind. 

How about you? What were you excited to see?

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:22 AM

Factbook and Carta products!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:32 AM
Don't know if new, but the four Lexham Research Lexicons (hebrew, aramaic, LXX and NT). Kind of interesting approach.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:38 AM

The new features are great, but no longer having to wait for Carta and a Hebrew audio bible frankly tops everything else, for me.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 84
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:40 AM

I was excited about the Hebrew Bible as well as I want to learn Hebrew this winter. It made me smile. 

Posts 180
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:43 AM

Counseling Guide and New Factbook entries.

Posts 271
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:53 AM

For me, 'twas images in notes!! Been waiting a long time for this.

Posts 1508
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:15 PM

Counseling Guide, revamped Passage Guide commentaries section, expanded Factbook, Carta being part of the packages.

Posts 23
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:24 PM

Great thread! 

I am super pumped about the updated Factbook and the Counseling Guide! The Counseling Guide will be immensely helpful for me. When I saw that, I upgraded immediately to have that functionality. Counseling is an area where I know as a pastor I am deficient, so to have this resource will be so helpful! 

The Factbook revamp and the Factbook visual filter are both pretty neat. I like the new emphasis upon the Factbook as a hub for information now. 

Two thumbs up to Faithlife for Logos 9! (Again, the new counseling direction was brilliant.)

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:28 PM

One word....

CARTA!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 89
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:36 PM

Sermon manager and factbook!

Posts 240
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:37 PM

Carta and Dark Mode are the things I'm most excited about.  

Images in Notes is nice although I'm still hoping that embedded tables can be added at some point.  That would complete my must have features for Notes.

Posts 1884
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:40 PM

Angela Meister:
What were you excited to see?

Images in Notes, Folders in the Shortcuts bar, and Carta. Also, the new Factbook looks to be something that I will come to refer to frequently.

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:54 PM

The Factbook is outstanding, especially on mobile. It feels almost indispensable after less than a day’s use.

Posts 31910
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:56 PM

The lack of crash reports, the lack of complaints on the forums .... all in all the smoothest, best received rollout I've spent with Logos/Verbum

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:01 PM

MJ. Smith:

The lack of crash reports, the lack of complaints on the forums .... all in all the smoothest, best received rollout I've spent with Logos/Verbum

AGREED! Aside from a few issues, things have been VERY smooth, and the positive feedback has been very pleasant. I'm sure the FL staff are pleased about this! And Bob, too! LOL

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:58 PM

MJ. Smith:
the smoothest, best received rollout I've spent with Logos/Verbum

Agreed! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1016
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:43 PM

Many of my wishlist items and pre-pubs were included in my tier package (I got Verbum Platinum for now, and hope to eventually work my way back up to Ultimate).

I was a little disappointed that my most recent purchases of 8 libraries didn't count for credit like it did in 7, but it's entirely possible I missed the window for that. 

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 19184
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:51 PM

All these people mentioning Carta. I have it on pre-order and it's still showing as In Production. Has it downloaded for you already if you bought one of the L9 packages? I got the update to the new L9 engine automatically, but haven't bought a package yet. Trying to decide whether to cancel my pre-pub and do so.

Posts 240
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:56 PM

Rosie Perera:

All these people mentioning Carta. I have it on pre-order and it's still showing as In Production. Has it downloaded for you already if you bought one of the L9 packages? I got the update to the new L9 engine automatically, but haven't bought a package yet. Trying to decide whether to cancel my pre-pub and do so.

Yes.  The Carta collection downloaded with the upgrade.  I had just Sacred Bridge on preorder.  Curious why it hasn't just shipped to everyone since it's ready.

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS