sharing library with spouse

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1546
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2021 4:16 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Feedback => Base packages for families has "In progress" status with 26 votes.

Now has 27 votes.

Posts 5201
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2021 5:44 PM

David Paul:
I assume that this would require a full-spectrum reordering of the current rights negotiations, but FL should be pushing HARD on publishers to move in this direction.

I can assume there are certain domains in e-publishing of which I am unaware, but what Logos "is" has always been unique and cutting edge. The only entity that can envision, comprehend, and understand what Logos CAN, SHOULD, and OUGHT to be is FL, with guidance and direction from the Logos user base. My point is that it is incumbent upon FL to drive the publishing world with which it interfaces in the direction it needs to go--the content publishers simply cannot comprehend these things on their own unless there happens to be a few publishing-world individuals trafficking in both spaces. In this analogy, FL are the cowpokes and the industry are the steers who need to be steered. Whatever the process requires, it is solely up to FL management to guide and shape the industry's response to the requirements of both Logos as a product and its wide user base.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5089
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2021 6:57 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Feedback => Base packages for families has "In progress" status with 26 votes.

Now has 27 votes.

Posts 41
Matt Gubala | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 5:43 PM

RE: EULA From: Steve Workman (steve.workman@logos.com) To: mattgubala@yahoo.com Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 06:34 PM EDT Matt, Thank you for contacting us with your concern. Our end user license is a single user license. A husband and wife are considered one user, as long as they do not use it for two different businesses. Since the license are all in one account, you will both need to have the same user id and password. It is still one Logos 4 program. Any notes, highlights, prayer lists, etc that one of you will create, will sync and be visible in the others program. If you want all of this separate, you will each need to purchase your own program. Steve Logos Support Department 800-875-6467 | 360-527-1700 | UK Callers: 0(871)218-1700 www.Logos.com/Support - Logos Support www.Logos.com/Videos - Training Videos You study with Logos, now present with Proclaim. From: matt gubala [mailto:mattgubala@yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:28 PM To: Logos Technical Support Cc: Matt Gubala Subject: EULA Hello can you clarify how the EULA differs from the Logos home edition? http://www.logos.com/product/10410/christian-home-library http://www.logos.com/support/EULA I never imagined that my wife wasn't supposed to use the software on my computer. this contradicts the description of the home library. please advise?

Posts 19159
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 6:35 PM

Matt Gubala:
RE: EULA From: ... To: ... Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 06:34 PM EDT Matt, Thank you for contacting us with your concern. Our end user license is a single user license. A husband and wife are considered one user, as long as they do not use it for two different businesses.

10 Oct 2012 EULA email content about Logos 4 Bible Software agrees with earlier Logos Single user guide (posted by Bob Pritchett, CEO, on 16 Jul 2009), which has been super-ceded (replaced) by 15 Mar 2019 publication of Faithlife Terms specifically sections 1 & 5:

1. General.

By establishing an individual User (defined below) account or registering a Community (defined below) at Faithlife.com, submitting an Order (defined below) or otherwise using any Faithlife (defined below) products or services (the “Services”), you certify that you have read, are authorized to agree to, on your own behalf or on behalf of your Community, as applicable, and agree to be bound by these Faithlife Terms of Service (“Terms”). By entering into this agreement with Faithlife, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“Faithlife”), you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with us. If you are under the legal age to form a binding contract then your parent, guardian or other legal representative must agree to these Terms on your behalf and you hereby represent and warrant that they have done so. In no event shall the Services be used by persons less than thirteen (13) years of age and the Services are not intended for use by such persons.

We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. The date on which these Terms were last amended is shown above. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. However, any changes to the dispute resolution provisions will not apply to any disputes for which the parties have actual notice before the date the change is posted. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. We encourage you to check this page each time you access the Services so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.

5. Rights and Access Privileges for LBS Licenses.

LBS Licenses may ONLY be used on devices owned by the licensee in whose name the LBS License is registered. Each LBS License is granted for use by one human user only, even where the LBS License is registered in the name of an institution such as a church. We reserve the right to monitor use of the Services subject to LBS Licenses to detect, prevent and disable excessive simultaneous logins on different devices indicating use of the Services by more than one human user. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, or library licenses.

On 12 Sep 2014, Logos Blog article => Logos is Faithlife announced Corporation name change.

Thankful for free Basic libraries and features (not available in 2009 & 2012), which reduces spousal need for sharing one desktop LBS installation. Thankful for Logos 9 & Verbum 9 new feature of account icon for easy switching.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2478
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 6:42 PM

This is somewhat off topic, but a question I had.  My first Logos purchase was around 1995.  If that were the only Logos purchase I ever made, would I be under the EULA from 1995 or the most recent EULA that is valid for 2021?

I have made multiple purchases (even one today), so this doesn't apply to me, but just something I was curious about.

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 6:49 PM

Matt Gubala:
RE: EULA From: Steve Workman (steve.workman@logos.com) To: mattgubala@yahoo.com Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 06:34 PM EDT Matt, Thank you for contacting us with your concern. Our end user license is a single user license. A husband and wife are considered one user, as long as they do not use it for two different businesses. Since the license are all in one account, you will both need to have the same user id and password. It is still one Logos 4 program.

Matt

It is irresponsible of you to post this at the end of the preceding discussion on this topic, implying that advice from 2012 gives permission in 2021. The EULA of that time is outdated by the Terms of 2019, which does not provide any such explicit permission.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
Matt Gubala | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 7:00 PM

i  will not continue with you DH but your attack is unwarranted, i'll see you in heaven, but I might not sit next to you

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 7:11 PM

Ronald Quick:
This is somewhat off topic, but a question I had.  My first Logos purchase was around 1995.  If that were the only Logos purchase I ever made, would I be under the EULA from 1995 or the most recent EULA that is valid for 2021?

Put it this way. If you had an email similar to the one above, then you have that permission to use your 1995 software because you clarified the Terms of use from the company. You are wise enough to know that it does not extend to the 2021 version of the software if the actual Terms of use have changed.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2478
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 7:24 PM

Thanks Dave.

My wife cannot stand reading on computers or any other electronic device, so I will never have to deal with the topic of this thread personally. On multiple occasions I've bought my wife print books when I already have it on Logos or Kindle.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS