Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 182
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:43 AM

Curious of the status of the LOTH for the Roman Rite.  I see it is still in production.  I don't miss what I don't have but it is supposed to be part of my library.

Thanks,

KSC

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 1263
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:44 AM

I seem to recall that it was supposed to be ready a couple of weeks after Verbum 9 was released 

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5583
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:07 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):
It's not shipping immediately at launch as we put the finishing touches on it, but I'm excited to announce that the English edition of the Liturgy of the Hours is available for American customers in Verbum 9 Gold and above.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174173/1127402.aspx#1127402

Posts 182
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:17 AM

Copy that...but Donald's comments were October 26, 2020.  We are now at the end of March 2021.

Is it coming soon?  Delays?  What is the status?

Thanks,

KSC

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 10:20 AM

We've been testing and fixing things with a group of beta testers, and we're getting close. But this is such an important resource that we want to make sure we release something good.

Posts 182
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 10:33 AM

Donald,

Thank you.  And yes, it is an important resource, so I thank you for the diligence and hard work of all.  I look forward to it being added to my library. 

Thank you also for the work you do for Verbum.  It is fantastic.

KSC

Posts 20
Ira Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 4:58 AM

I see the loth is now downloaded, but I dont see how to open and use it yet.

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 5:05 AM

It opened for me to today's date

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 5:17 AM

Does Not have readings for every day? 

today:     May 12     NEREUS AND ACHILLEUS, MARTYRS

next reading:

On the same day, May 12     PANCRAS, MARTYR

next reading:

May 14     MATTHIAS, APOSTLE

next reading:

May 18     JOHN I, POPE AND MARTYR

Posts 20
Ira Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 5:20 AM

yea it brought up wed but i dont see how to open up the proper psalms etc

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 5:48 AM

Check table of contents. To get all of the needed readings we may need to "jump around" in the book.

[[Or in other words I don't know how to use it either.  Somebody will teach us!]]

Posts 277
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:00 AM

David Ames:
Somebody will teach us!]]

This post over at the Verbum Blog from a couple of weeks back indicated something like a "how-to" guide would be forthcoming:

If such musings have convinced you to give it a go (and I hope they have!), then stay tuned for a follow-up post in which I will walk you through how to study the Liturgy of the Hours using the Verbum app.

Until then, we have to await the arrival of our own Philip: "Do you understand how to use LOTH in Verbum?"

"How can I, unless someone guides me?" 

Posts 1263
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:11 AM

Where are you finding this? I haven’t seen it for my tablet. Is it currently only for the desktop?

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 277
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:14 AM

David Wanat:
I haven’t seen it for my tablet. Is it currently only for the desktop?

Typically when resources are released, there is a day or so lag before they hit mobile. My guess is that is what is going on in this instance...

Posts 1263
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:19 AM

Kevin Clemens:

David Wanat:
I haven’t seen it for my tablet. Is it currently only for the desktop?

Typically when resources are released, there is a day or so lag before they hit mobile. My guess is that is what is going on in this instance...

That’s true, I had forgotten  that happened with the Catholic Encyclopedia.

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5583
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 10:31 AM

David Ames:
Does Not have readings for every day? 

Spoiler Alert:

Yes, LotH does. You're looking in the section that only has readings for feast days. Since not every day is a feast day, that section doesn't have readings for every day.

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 12:44 PM

SineNomine:
    You're looking in the section that only has readings for feast days.   

It was what came up. Waiting for the training manual. [[Did look and saw that there are lots of 'sections']]  [thanks for the advise] 

Posts 277
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 1:05 PM

David Ames:
Waiting for the training manual

In the meantime, if you are clicking around the LOTH resource in Verbum and wanting a better feel for what the various components are, there are a number of helpful overviews of praying the divine office on youtube, including this fairly simple presentation from Fr. Cassidy Stinson ("the Happy Priest").

Glad to have this resource available finally in Verbum (and eager for the Liturgia Horarum to make it into production). 

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 1:29 PM

We have a blog post going up about using Liturgy of the Hours in Verbum and more training materials in the works.

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 1:31 PM

It's now released if you purchased a base package that includes it. If you preordered Liturgy of the Hours by itself, the release date will be later this month.

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS