We live in the best of times!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21
Kim Pagel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 7:02 AM

As I sat at the Morris Proctor training seminar last month, seeing the power of the L4 electronic library, I whispered to one of my co-workers, "There's no excuse for being stupid anymore!"

We are only limited by our imagination and the amount of time we are willing to invest. Even the cost of resources isn't a true limitation, as we all probably all have more resources than we have time to use.

And bottom line, I'm reminded of the words of Jesus: "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." I am blessed and want to learn in the hope to be a blessing. I'm thankful for the wonderful tools I have been entrusted with.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 7:53 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Edwin Bowden:

I am producing handouts weekly in my SS class that would have never been possible otherwise. Joy and satisfaction.

My Sunday School class has learned to appreciate the benefits of Logos.

If you are not running the current beta, wait until you get the printing features! You are going to love them.

I am just using cut and paste to produce my own handouts.

For example, over the last 3 years I have produced my own customized line by line Harmony of the Gospels. I highlight the unique material from each account and dnderline the variations. I start with selecting material from one of the harmonies in Logos, line up each phrase, highlight and underline, print out and teach from a page at a time. The class has a copy in front of them to follow along.

I am looking forward to the addition of printing in Logos 4.

Posts 8647
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 8:06 AM

Robert Pavich:
I remember sitting at the kitchen table with an Exhaustive Strongs as big as my car...a Halley's bible hand book...and a McArthur Study bible...thinking....there must be a better way....

There was... Big Smile

Yes

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 8:10 AM

Edwin Bowden:

I start with selecting material from one of the harmonies in Logos, line up each phrase, highlight and underline, print out and teach from a page at a time. The class has a copy in front of them to follow along.

Just to get you a little excited, L4 printing will include your highlights, which means you can highlight (underline and bold, box, etc) it in L4 and print it as you have marked it.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 12:22 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Edwin Bowden:

I start with selecting material from one of the harmonies in Logos, line up each phrase, highlight and underline, print out and teach from a page at a time. The class has a copy in front of them to follow along.

Just to get you a little excited, L4 printing will include your highlights, which means you can highlight (underline and bold, box, etc) it in L4 and print it as you have marked it.

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS