Four crashes while just hovering over a word.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:49 PM

I was just doing some playing with the latest RC and when I hovered over the word Nations in Jeremiah 25:9 in the nasb 95. The program crashed four times. So It was reproducible. So here are the logs. 2210.Logos4.log

2046.Logos4_Crash.txt

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:15 PM

Forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx has log posting tutorial - zip archive with several files - noticed most useful crash file not posted.

Please save copy of Console Messages with crash information, then compress and post.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:16 AM

Here are the correct logs.

81441.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:41 AM

Jerry,

What Hebrew Lexicon are you using for your results?

What are your Information Panel Settings set to?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:46 AM

Tom, Here is a screen shot of the settings.

And the result its pulling from. But It never finishes just crashes.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 2:23 PM

Still having the crash problem. I thought it might be fixed when the new update came out, but its still here. Here are my new logs.

1727.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:25 PM

Jerry Walker:

Still having the crash problem. I thought it might be fixed when the new update came out, but its still here. Here are my new logs.

1727.Archive.zip

Jerry,

I couldn't reproduce this on my machine at work yesterday, but one of the other devs did today. It also happened to me on my Macbook at home tonight. We think it's a Mac bug, but we're still investigating. At least we can reproduce it and we've got some guys working on it.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:42 PM

Tom you are the best.

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 1:05 PM

Jerry Walker:

I was just doing some playing with the latest RC and when I hovered over the word Nations in Jeremiah 25:9 in the nasb 95. The program crashed four times. So It was reproducible. So here are the logs. 2210.Logos4.log

2046.Logos4_Crash.txt

Jerry,

Thanks so much for the repro-steps and the logs. We've narrowed this down to an Apple text rendering bug when truncating text. I have actually written a sample application where I can reproduce the crash 100% of the time. I will be sending the sample app and code to Apple along with filing a bug in RADAR.

As a workaround you can check the "Show entire definition" under the Hebrew lemma settings. This will not truncate the string, so you should not crash.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS