L4mac training manuals from MP

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:31 PM

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't agree more with what you said. I do have a sizable investment in LOGOS, platinum plus several additional resources and would like to maximize the usefulness of my investment. My question is what would be the value of:

1. The manuals over the DVD

2. The DVD over the manuals

3. Having both the manuals and DVD

Thanks for your input.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 3:14 PM

James,

Just realized I had neglected to respond to you! Since I wrote you on my own time and from home, I didn't make a good mental note of responding. Sorry!

Understand that the following is entirely based on personal preference and learning style. If I were making the decision, I would definitely go with the DVDs first...I'm much more of an interactive and visual learner. Given that even power users and forum MVPs come back from Camp Logos (and the DVDs provide exactly the same content as attending camp logos in person), I think the investment would be well worth the money. In fact, I think their value would exceed attending the actual camps because you can always pause, re-watch, skip around, etc. And you can always come back later for a quick refresher!

At the same time, the manuals are a great reference if you want to quickly look something up in particular, highlight, comment, etc. And with them being on sale through tomorrow on Facebook at a great price, they might be worth grabbing along with the DVDs.

Again, this all really comes down to determining how you like to learn. I would just recommend making sure you get the right resources to get the most out of your time in the Word!

Respectfully,

Stephen

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:45 PM

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I'm tempted to go ahead with both.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS