12Daysof sofar

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 13 2010 1:19 AM

After 5 days...

I feel like someone walking into a church full of expectation only wondering after half an hour or so, if it happened to be the wrong church...

Did someone recognize something from his or her wishlist? or am I the only one that does not?

Posts 1712
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 1:53 AM

ton verdam:
Did someone recognize something from his or her wishlist? or am I the only one that does not?

You're not alone, Ton.

Perhaps we should have planned to give more at Christmas rather than buy for ourselves? Wink

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 2:06 AM

ton verdam:

After 5 days...

I feel like someone walking into a church full of expectation only wondering after half an hour or so, if it happened to be the wrong church...

ton, I don't really have high expectations from the 12 days sale, and perhaps I'm just showing a little frustration. The Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale didn't work out for me either. I put in a bid for a couple of !CC commentaries which could not be sold. The only thing that bothered me about that is there were others who were granted bids on ICC commentaries (Cranfield on Romans). I was offered a good discount on the entire set but it was $250 more than my sales rep offered to sell it to me a few weeks earlier (I own individual commentaries from the collection and so was offered a higher discount). I hope this comment won't stir up more controversy.

In these type of sales the books that are offered I usually already own or are not interested. I have spent into the double digit range ($XX,000) on logos books so there is not a large volume of books that I would desire. I tend to buy want I want when I need it. I've only been in the ministry for 6 yrs. Before seminary I worked in Grand Rapids, MI where Baker Books, Zondervan, Eerdmans, and Kregel are located. I built a large library before entering the ministry as a vocation. I am in the process of selling off my library and going digital. I've also given away a large number of books to those who need them. I guess, what I'm trying to tell you is that this is the way that I've built my resources in Logos. I also have a book allowance from the church which is incredibly helpful.

No, I haven't seen anything that gives me pause and am not overly optomistic. I do look forward to the sales, but haven't purchased anything from them in the past couple of years. I take that back, I did purchase a book from the March Madness playoff last year.

I am happy that Logos offers these sales and know that they are a great encouragement to people; it really is a joy to read the forums and see peoples excitement over the deals they have gotten. Ton, I hope the next few days provide you with some items you are looking for.

Blessings,

Daniel Bender

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 2:11 AM

Allen Browne:

Perhaps we should have planned to give more at Christmas rather than buy for ourselves? Wink

YesYes

Posts 19310
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 2:46 AM

Some of us have been buying too much already. All of the offers so far this "12 Days" have been for things I have already.

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:06 AM

Rosie, still awake? or up already? to check todays 12days? for me its noon, for you... what time? go back to sleep!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 4:23 AM

ton verdam:

Rosie, still awake? or up already? to check todays 12days? for me its noon, for you... what time? go back to sleep!

Rosie does not sleep. She takes power naplets in between screen refreshes. Sleep

I am on here because we have my daughter's wedding tomorrow and ....   Aww who am I trying to fool?  We all know I just had to check the 12 Days sale. Embarrassed

btw; I have four of the specials and the one I don't have I will get with the collection it is is. So, no bites yet.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 4:58 AM

Nothing has lit my fire yet either. I wonder if Logos still does Christmas library builder sales? Does anyone remember those? A couple of years ago I was excited to get a whole bunch of books for a GREAT deal as a collection. Is there plans to offer those again?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 5:25 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Rosie does not sleep. She takes power naplets in between screen refreshes. Sleep

Now THAT'S funny....

F5...zzzz....F5....zzzz....

I look at the 12 days sale like it's icing on the cake...if I get something I want...fine...if not...it's no skin off of my nose.....I've been blessed by having Logos at all.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:42 AM

I too have been positively underwhelmed!  It would be nice if there were a couple of drop-dead deals that lit up this board like crazy---even goes viral on UTube, even makes every Logos customer scamber out on their rooftop and holler "WWWHHHEEeeeeeeewwwwwww."

OK. 2much coffee.  Sorry...

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:46 AM

Robert Pavich:
I look at the 12 days sale like it's icing on the cake...if I get something I want...fine...if not...it's no skin off of my nose.....I've been blessed by having Logos at all.

YesYes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:58 AM

Rosie, does the discount for a product only work for the day the product is offered.  I was going to buy Berkoff today and it did not give me the discount when I entered the coupon code.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 7:09 AM

Aaron Baldridge:

Christmas library builder sales? Does anyone remember those? 

Do I remember? Those were the days.......................

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:12 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Aaron Baldridge:

Christmas library builder sales? Does anyone remember those? 

Do I remember? Those were the days.......................

I couldn't help myself... I delved into the web archive and drummed up this little bit of nostalgia.  

http://wiki.logos.com/Library_Builder

May I remind you that in the spirit of nostalgia, not everyone was happy with those offerings either.  

I've found a few on the 12days that I eyed.  The IVP dictionaries on day 1 I let pass but I wish I hadn't.  The Loius Berkhoff Systematic Theology I snapped up yesterday - I've had the dead tree version for years, and I'm happy to keep building my collection in Logos, especially at those savings.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:46 AM

I'm in the same position as Daniel B. By the time you have Portfolio and several hundred additional resources, it's increasingly difficult to find a deal which offers a significant discount on items you don't own and would like to.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:56 AM

I picked up the Take Heart devitional the other day and I've enjoyed it so far. Looking forward to see what comes this weekSmile

Posts 30
Todd Hinton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:57 AM

Ditch the 12 Days and go back to library Builders.  Even the preivious released versions were better that the 12 Days.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 9:00 AM

Is that 12 days of "sofar" or 12 days of "shofar"?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 9:11 AM

I wouldn't rely on the 12 days, or any other days for that matter, for good deals on Logos resources.  Just call the sales staff and ask for their best price.  That way you know they won't tell you they are not selling that resource that day like you tend to feel when you don't see it show up during any of these promotional times.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 9:21 AM

The Library Builder referred to earlier illustrates my point.  Here we are 4 years later still talking about it.  Will any of us still be talking about the 12 Days of 2010?  I guess that remains to be seen.  But I would think it would serve Logos well to give us a spectacular deal that keeps us babbling about for years!

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS