Unpredictable crashes in 4.2a B4

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 17 2011 6:00 AM | Locked

Latest beta is very unstable and crashes a lot. My crashes is unpredictable. It may crash when scrolling down one page in a bible or when a bible gets focus. Sometime when turning a resource to reading mode or when running a PG.

Here is three crash logs from different crashes but except for date and time they look similar to me.

1106.LogosCrashFiles.zip

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 6:06 AM | Locked

The last one (from today) has a different error and occured when I scrolled one page down in bible B2000.

Posts 41
Thomas Arvidsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 7:52 AM | Locked

Mine is stable, even when scrolling a page in Bible 2000 (and Windows 7)
I haven´t seen any crasches at all in this version.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 8:39 AM | Locked

These crashes appear to be limited to XP systems. We believe the next beta will fix the problem, but let us know if the crashes reoccur.

Posts 10
Chris Daigle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 9:34 AM | Locked

Mine Crashes every time I do a Bible search of the whole bible on a word, it is quite annoying, kind of an important feature too...

~Chris

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 9:41 AM | Locked

Chris Daigle:

Mine Crashes every time I do a Bible search of the whole bible on a word, it is quite annoying, kind of an important feature too...

~Chris

Hi Chris ~  Do you have a Windows XP system?  Do you have the Beta version installed with the most recent Beta 5 update?  Is there a Logos4crash.txt file in the Logos Log Files folder in your Documents folder that you can attach?

Posts 10
Chris Daigle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 9:56 AM | Locked

It has just crashed again on me, that''s 4 times this morning, this time i just clicked on a link to a verse in deuteronomy, and it crashed... I have windows 7, and here is the Log file: 3808.Logos4Crash.txt

The version I have is Logos Bible Software 4.2 SR-2 (4.20.4.8828)

~Chris

Posts 8016
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 10:17 AM | Locked

It looks like you might have the reverse interlinear ribbon enabled in your preferred Bible. Try opening the Bible from the Library and hiding the ribbon; please let us know if this workaround stops the crashes.

Posts 10
Chris Daigle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 10:26 AM | Locked

Ok, yea i did have that ribbon enabled.. I changed that, and when I click on the link to deuteronomy it works now... but still when I do search a bible search it still crashes...  here's my log again.   65434.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

Chris Daigle:

Ok, yea i did have that ribbon enabled.. I changed that, and when I click on the link to deuteronomy it works now... but still when I do search a bible search it still crashes...  here's my log again.   65434.Logos4Crash.txt

Is the Search panel normal docked size, or has it been resized?

Posts 10
Chris Daigle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 10:45 AM | Locked

It is normal size

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:03 PM | Locked

Can you provide a few more details about the search that causes the crash, or do all searches cause it?

Posts 10
Chris Daigle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 2:16 PM | Locked

Ok... When I am in Bible Search:

Search All Bible Text in Entire Bible in Top Bibles for:

Love

(Then it gives the results)

3,325 results in 2,864 verses in 5 resources (3.12 sec)

(Then a window pops up saying)

(Title) Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the Problem....

(Then it changes after finishing searching a solution it says)

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

(then there is a button that says)

Close Program

That is the situation, that's all I can do is close it.

hope that's helpful, cuz I would love to be able to search again...

~Chris

I will attach a screen shot too.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2011 2:41 PM | Locked

I'll submit the log and details to development.

Update:  A fix for this crash will be available in the next 4.2a Beta (Beta 6), which will be available in a couple of weeks. In order to install the fix, you would need to install that Beta when it comes out; or you can wait for the first release candidate of 4.2a which would come out within a few weeks of that beta. If you decide to try the beta, be sure to read this information on beta testing first: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx.  

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS