Huge Facebook-only sale!

Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 105 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 4:11 AM

I've reported the problem with IE to Stephen Smith and hopefully he will be able to get one of the web developers to fix it ASAP.

In the meantime, if anyone using Internet Explorer is having trouble seeing the page, try downloading one of the other browsers and using that instead (they're all free):

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html

Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 6:30 AM

Like Rosie and Mark Smith, I'm in a good place here - only Tozer is tempting me.  

Good prices guys!

And for the record, since I use anything but IE I can see all the prices . Wink

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 612
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 6:52 AM

is the L4 manual pretty much what Morris teaches at camp? 

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 7:05 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I did check safari, firefox, chrome and IE before going live with this and everything looked good. I wonder if the issue is outdated versions of Internet Explorer.

Two months ago I didn't know a thing about HTML, FBML, or CSS coding...now I'm going to learn about fixing browser-compatibility issues and making things backward compatible!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 7:19 AM

Stephen Smith:

Thanks for the heads-up. I did check safari, firefox, chrome and IE before going live with this and everything looked good. I wonder if the issue is outdated versions of Internet Explorer.

Hi Stephen,

I'm using IE 8, if that makes a difference!

Charlene

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 7:39 AM

Once I updated to IE9, then it worked!

Charlene

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:16 AM

I'm using IE 8.   I have not gone to 9 as of yet.

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:27 AM

Stephen Smith:
I did check safari, firefox, chrome and IE before going live with this and everything looked good. I wonder if the issue is outdated versions of Internet Explorer.

well, since IE 9 came out just recently, I wouldn't call IE 8 outdated (more so since MicroSoft users know from experience that new software should be given some weeks months to mature....) - wouldn't bet all my money that there will not be some relevant security fixes for IE 9 until summer. In fact, I think my employer makes me use IE 6 or 7 with no opportunity to install third party software such as freeware browsers, and such as me I believe there are lots of people out there who really use "outdated" browsers and other software.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:43 AM

Should render properly in previous versions of IE now. Thanks for the feedback!

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:47 AM

confirm.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 9:49 AM

Just got one-time approval from a publisher on a MAJOR 50% off deal!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:01 AM

OOOH, that one is worth a look.  If you don't own it, you should.

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:06 AM

I think I can confirm this also :-)

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:07 AM

The Essential IVP Reference Collection Version 3

Yes, that is a great deal and ought to sell quite briskly. Probably the biggest bargain on the whole list. Highly recommended.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:10 AM

Mark A. Smith:
Highly recommended.
 Yes indeed.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:21 AM

NewbieMick:

Stephen Smith:
I did check safari, firefox, chrome and IE before going live with this and everything looked good. I wonder if the issue is outdated versions of Internet Explorer.

well, since IE 9 came out just recently, I wouldn't call IE 8 outdated (more so since MicroSoft users know from experience that new software should be given some weeks months to mature....) - wouldn't bet all my money that there will not be some relevant security fixes for IE 9 until summer.

Yes, and there was some big warning on these forums about not upgrading to IE9 just yet because it breaks something in Logos or biblia.com or something. Too lazy to go look it up now.

Mark A. Smith:

The Essential IVP Reference Collection Version 3

Yes, that is a great deal and ought to sell quite briskly. Probably the biggest bargain on the whole list. Highly recommended.

This is totally awesome and everyone who doesn't have it should go for this. Note that you can't get the 50% discount via that link. You have to be on Facebook to get it. Worth getting a Facebook account for. And *Like* Logos while you're at it!

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:39 AM

Stephen Smith:

Just got one-time approval from a publisher on a MAJOR 50% off deal!

I had successfully resisted your Facebook offerings——Until now. I had avoided purchasing this set because I have it in that other Mac Bible Study software, but now you have made it overwhelming attractive. My wallet just lost $95. If only I could lose weight as easily as my wallet does  Geeked

Posts 102
Charles Tondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:49 AM
I had resisted also, until the IVP Reference collection.......I thought I was going to make it without purchasing anything. To good a deal to pass up, I was going to pick up the disc set from a retailer but this was way to good to pass up... I was checking out the New Bible Commentary and love how some of the words are keyed to the dictionaries and pocket dictionaries. :)
Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:48 PM

Now, look at this:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 8:57 PM

The IVP Collection deal was so attractive that I actually re-activated a Facebook account just to access it. And I thought social media wasn't for me!

Thanks to the forum posters who referenced the deal; your posts piqued my curiosity, and, in effect, made my purchase possible.

Bill

Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS