Google Chromebooks & Logos

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2961
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 11 2011 3:01 PM

With the launch of Chromebooks (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-kind-of-computer-chromebook.html) to supplement tablet pc'ing, I am glad that Logos has gotten a jump on moving toward the cloud.

I hope that we will be seeing things like notes and highlighting and more on the Biblia.com along with even more contracts to get more of my books available on the web.

Thanks Logos for working to make my books even more valuable

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 4:05 PM

FWiW I have found Biblia works great with my beta CR-48 Chrome notebook.  Combined with Google Docs (or zoho or whatever) it is a great tool.  

However since library.logos.com was further along, it's the only place you can currently get a study guide and I would opt for that at the moment if I'm away from my desktop L4.

Biblia will no doubt pass the former site way up but I have no idea when.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5
Matthew Yarbrough | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 1:57 PM

I am considering buying a Chromebook at the moment, and am trying to figure out if it is worth it, based on my usage of Logos. I am a Bible college student and heavily reliant of Logos. Biblia.com is great, but there are still some things that make me weary in regards to getting a Chromebook. How advanced do you think Biblia will be, or do you think that maybe there will be a Logos for Chrome app?

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 7:49 PM

Biblia.com is the closest thing to a Chrome app we have planned. Biblia will continue evolving, but it will never reach the functionality of Logos 4. Biblia is designed to appeal to a more casual audience than Logos 4 is, and it's not really practical to implement a lot of those features in Biblia. That said, the best way to get us to implement a feature you want is to ask for it :)

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 5:32 AM

Bryan Smith:
That said, the best way to get us to implement a feature you want is to ask for it :)
 May we please have Passage Guides and Bible Word Studies in Biblia.com?  

Thank you.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 7:31 AM

Thomas Black:

Bryan Smith:
That said, the best way to get us to implement a feature you want is to ask for it :)
 May we please have Passage Guides and Bible Word Studies in Biblia.com?  

Thank you.

Yes please!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5
Matthew Yarbrough | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 8:50 AM

I agree with Mr. Black and Mr. Phillips; I would love Biblia to incorporate the Exegetical Guide and Word Study capabilities. 

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 9:18 AM

See now?  There's three very polite requests. :-)

Check the Wiki

Posts 2961
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 10:15 AM

Thomas Black:

See now?  There's three very polite requests. :-)

Please...

that makes 4. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 28231
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 5:31 PM

Please? (Makes 5)

I invision a day when FULL Logos functionality will be available through a web browser. Who would have thought 10 years ago we would be able to do what we do now?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 9:02 AM

Make that six. Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 10:11 AM

Seven is a perfect number! (And the functionality must be a long way there as a result of the iPhone app. Can you borrow their server-side code?)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 10:41 AM

Uh....I hate to take this past the perfect #7 but....

8 checking in.... Embarrassed

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 12:17 PM

Posts 2401
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 7:53 PM

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2011 10:03 PM

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 12:10 AM

Mark Barnes:

Seven is a perfect number! (And the functionality must be a long way there as a result of the iPhone app. Can you borrow their server-side code?)

7Wink

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2011 7:42 AM

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 23
Kent Maitland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:26 PM

Personally, I'm in love with the concept of the Chromebook, and more importantly, the cloud. I must say though that I'm a little dissapointed by the statement that Biblia is not planned to reach the functionality of Logos 4. Yes, I recognize that there might be certain limitations to making the web app 100% identical to the software, but, frankly, if the app were suitable enough to replace my software on the computer, I'd be more inclined to switch to it. Why take up the hard drive space if you don't need to? Why confine your software to one machine if you could access it anywhere? It is not uncommon to find myself accessing 5 or more different computers on a daily basis, given my present situation as both a worker and a student. The cloud concept is making such a predicament not quite as difficult for me. Again, I'm not saying that you need to implement all the bells and whistles of the software, but I would appreciate it if Biblia offered most of them, or at least enough to make a nice alternative to the software itself. 

Posts 244
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:28 AM

Yes,  Passage Guides and Bible Word Studies in Biblia.com would be wonderful.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS