Export Highlight Text to Quote List

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2766
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 23 2011 8:55 AM

One of my favorite features of the kindle is the ability to go to kindle.amazon.com after I finish a book and get a text file with all the hightlights that I made. It basically provides me a one-stop shop to review contents of the book.

I am currently able to do this with Logos by jumping to the next highlight and working my way through the book. (Thank you for implementing my suggestion on this a few years ago). I like this way of doing it because I get the quotes in their context. 

But I think it would be beneficial to create something like a passage list (but call it a quote list) automatically generated from all highlights within a book, a collection of books, or by an author. Additionally it would be nice to be able to have all highlighted text appear or perhaps just a highlight of a certain style.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 17287
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 8:59 AM

Hi Jacob

I think this is a great idea.

I workround this by clipping things I highlight but I think your suggestion is a really good one.

Graham

Posts 17287
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 9:41 AM

Done!

Posts 2766
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 8:44 AM

This would be an amazing feature for textbooks and studying for college courses...imagine studying for a test by just generating a quote list from the assigned reading. Would eliminate so much copying-pasting and redundancy in my note taking.

Jacob Hantla

Posts 8303
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 8:59 AM

Good idea. Used my last vote.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2766
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 4:32 PM

Thanks, Mark! We're up to 5 votes. But they are all MVP votes so maybe they count extra?...hoping.

Jacob Hantla

Posts 8303
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 8:35 AM

Jacob Hantla:
But they are all MVP votes so maybe they count extra?

I'd like to think so...Embarrassed

It's time for those who've never used Logos' User Voice to get over to that site and cast some votes. Logos does listen and a number of the suggetsions have already been implemented. Jacob's is a good one.

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

Note that some of these already have plenty of votes and others are promised so don't need your vote.

Jacob's suggestion is currently on page nine of the list until we vote it up: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/1859537-quote-list-generated-from-highlights?ref=title

If you are new to User Voice, the way to find something you are interested in is to type the basic idea into the "I suggest you..." blank. A keyword or two is all that is needed, and you will see a list of related suggestions appear below. You don't have to complete the suggestion so don't worry about that. Use it to search what may be of interest to you.

You will need to sign in with your Logos.com ID to cast votes. It will keep track of how many you have left.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2766
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 2:33 PM

Thanks, Mark.

Jacob Hantla

Posts 69
Tim Bray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:24 PM

Hi Jacob,

Your kindle export function sounds great. I'd like to do the same with my kindle, exporting the highlights to a text document then convert them to a .docx and build a PBB in logos.

Have looked all around amazon and can find the highlight viewer but not an export feature.

How do you do it?

Thanks Tim

Posts 4
James Kerr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 8:42 AM

Has this been taken care of yet? Someone mentioned it was taken care of in version 6 but I can't find it. Any help?

Posts 3671
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 12:00 PM

Mark Smith:

Jacob Hantla:
But they are all MVP votes so maybe they count extra?

I'd like to think so...Embarrassed

i hope not, all users feedback should be valued equally.  Joking about elitism is not a good look gents.  You've put a damper on a good idea.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.