A Clue?

Page 14 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
This post has 424 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:22 PM

Paul Strickert:
I'm surprised I haven't heard more enthusiasm about the content of this freebie -- that is, from those "in the know."  Is part of keeping it secret also keeping a lid on the enthusiasm?  Just wonderin'.  :)

You got it. I have several very specific reasons why this is a VERY good addition to my library. I just cannot list them without being very revealing of the secret.

It is my understanding this will be available freely to ALL for the foreseeable future. I can identify several different user groups that will welcome this release. I will talk more specifically to Floyd & others after it is public knowledge.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:28 PM

Super Tramp:

You got it. I have several very specific reasons why this is a VERY good addition to my library. I just cannot list them without being very revealing of the secret.

It is my understanding this will be available freely to ALL for the foreseeable future. I can identify several different user groups that will welcome this release.

Based on what I have seen, it has great potential. Many books will need re-tagging after the release.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 3658
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:38 PM

George Somsel:
those who don't "do twitter" seem to have no problem with "doing nuisance" to their fellow forum members. 

Hi George,

Not this one. Smile I've refrained from asking...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:41 PM

Super Tramp:
It is my understanding this will be available freely to ALL for the foreseeable future. I can identify several different user groups that will welcome this release. I will talk more specifically to Floyd & others after it is public knowledge.

I will look forward to it - thanks.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2906
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:25 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Thomas Black:

This is all about marketing buzz and it is being executed masterfully.  I majored in marketing (advertising is only a small portion of marketing) prior to moving into ministry, and I'm actually impressed with the way Dan is very good at creating Buzz - as I noted earlier.  If he announced something and left it at that, people would be buzzing.  But he announced something and created the ILLUSION of exclusivity and the posts in this thread keep racking up.

I know I hear people (not specifically you Scot) whine about targeted marketing from time to time and I just don't get it.  It's not a moral issue.  There are no unequal weights and measures here.  Maybe it's because Marketing is my former field of study.  Maybe I'm blind to the patently obvious, but I just don't get it.

Thanks for the insight Thomas.  Marketing tends to be a bit of a turn off for me, hence its 'beauty' usually lost on me ( - start talking about maximising profits or minimising costs given a set or resource restraints or how to make a budget balance, or make the inventory figures balance  - then you see a glint in my eyes - we are all wired so differently - yet in so many ways so much the same because of whose image we are created. )  I'd rather just deal with the plain facts and figures.

Cudos to Dan if he's achieved what he's looking to achieve.

Hi, Andrew , I am very gald to see you again in the forum, to your surprise we were rememebering you before some ours , with a brother who has appriciated you what you have done in the bata  , I was sad that to miss you. I cannot forget the help you have provided me. May God bless you: I hope we will not miss you again. How is Australia this time is cold or hot?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 8:24 PM

Lynden Williams:
Many books will need re-tagging after the release.

They aren't doing it before release?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 8:48 PM

MJ. Smith:

Lynden Williams:
Many books will need re-tagging after the release.

They aren't doing it before release?

I was hoping they would do it all before releasing them.

But they have done it both ways in the past, you know.....Surprise

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 11:12 PM

Super Tramp:
But they have done it both ways in the past, you know

I must have good taste in resources 'cause I've not run into the tagging not being done on release. There have been delays in upgrading tagging to match new system capabilities/requirements but ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 165
Ben Misja | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 4:10 AM

Just for the record: If you would like to subscribe to Logos on twitter and your Feed Reader doesn't support it (like mine), some googling reveals ways to find out any twitter account's RSS feed. (This is necessary because Twitter apparently redesigned their website and removed simple RSS access.)

There seem to be few methods to do this. One of them can be found here. Basically any twitter feed looks like this: http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/XXX.rss

The XXX represents the user ID. Which can be found out here.

The Logos feed URL is: http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/18030041.rss

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 4:49 AM

George Somsel:

Yes, but those who don't "do twitter" seem to have no problem with "doing nuisance" to their fellow forum members.  If you don't want to "do twitter", you can "do ignorance" unless you can show a true need.

Funny.  I'd consider your response to be a nuisance well before I'd apply that label to the others.  If you don't have anything non-grouchy to say maybe you should try "doing silence" for a change.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:24 AM

BS:

Funny.  I'd consider your response to be a nuisance well before I'd apply that label to the others.  If you don't have anything non-grouchy to say maybe you should try "doing silence" for a change.

Not to be grouchy, but who are you responding to? Smile

EDIT: Thanks for clarifying above.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:12 AM

BS:

Appropriate handle.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:19 AM

BS:

George Somsel:

Yes, but those who don't "do twitter" seem to have no problem with "doing nuisance" to their fellow forum members.  If you don't want to "do twitter", you can "do ignorance" unless you can show a true need.

Admittedly, there are times that George posts something that vexes me and I let it slide to avoid escalating the unimportant, but I agree with him on this. While setting up a Twitter account just to receive this information is a nuisance, asking folks to send emails with the information because one doesn't want to go through the nuisance of creating a Twitter account is certainly a nuisance to those who have set up said nuisance account. Wink

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:37 AM

Ok everyone. Lets get back on track. With this release, and the linking that Logos does, it will certainly keep them within the top 3 of the ladder when it comes to Bible software.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:52 AM

Lynden Williams:

Ok everyone. Lets get back on track. With this release, and the linking that Logos does, it will certainly keep them within the top 3 of the ladder when it comes to Bible software.

The top three?

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:52 AM

Lynden Williams:
it will certainly keep them within the top 3 of the ladder when it comes to Bible software

I thought it was already within the top 3. I would say it will be/remain number 1.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 7:57 AM

MJ. Smith:
I must have good taste in resources 'cause I've not run into the tagging not being done on release. There have been delays in upgrading tagging to match new system capabilities/requirements but ...

I agree. I was trying a little sarcasm. I just did a very poor job at it.    Embarrassed  I am sorry.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 8:05 AM

Patrick Rietveld:

Lynden Williams:
it will certainly keep them within the top 3 of the ladder when it comes to Bible software

I thought it was already within the top 3. I would say it will be/remain number 1.

I think Lynden was being kind to the other two. You know, like the spectators at the Marathon who wait an hour after everyone has gone home for a straggler to cross the line.

I do appreciate the efforts of all who strive to make Bible study more accessible.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 8:20 AM

Super Tramp:

Patrick Rietveld:

Lynden Williams:

I think Lynden was being kind to the other two. You know, like the spectators at the Marathon who wait an hour after everyone has gone home for a straggler to cross the line.

I do appreciate the efforts of all who strive to make Bible study more accessible.

It may be true that he was being kind to the other two, but I would hesitate to knock the other two.  Since I don't, and won't, use a MAC, I have no interest in the "L" word, and the program which is supposed to be faster doesn't offer the range of resources.  What it amounts to it that Logos best meets my needs (besides, I don't find it that slow -- are some people running at hyperspeed that it seems slow to them?).  One real criticism I would have of one of the programs is that it still doesn't use unicode.  I believe it is supposed to be able to export to unicode, but that doesn't seem to work very well if the users of the program who said they were exporting to unicode did it properly.  Being able to exchange information is a necessity so far as I'm concerned. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2011 8:53 AM

Hi all,

I have been taking a sabbatical from the forums for a few weeks, when there was some major disagreements about certain things. I am glad to see things are back to normal.

Anyhow, a lot of congregations in my denomination have very restrictive rules on use of the internet, a lot of them only allow use of email and some of us have filters. I have approval for viewing my Bible study web sites for research and only visit maybe three other web sites unrelated to Bible study.

So as you have probably deduced, social networks are out of bounds for me. I have none. Sure, I could find a way to do so, but I made a commitment to my fellowship and would feel uncomfortable in doing so.

So that is my excuse for not having Twitter or Facebook and any others that might exist out there. I know it sounds silly, but this is how it is. I must admit though, curiosity is getting to me. I understand that many are starting to get frustrated at such requests and I ask that you please disregard this post if you are, I would rather go another couple of days and find out over time than to be an inconvenience. However, if anyone would want to send me the information I would appreciate it. rick68 at vqme  net(not com).

Thank you.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Page 14 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS