The Priest to the Temple or, The Country Parson - PBB

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 6:34 AM

.docx file and images for George Herbert's The Country Parson as suggested here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37144/278622.aspx#278622

6758.George Herbert - A Priest to the Temple, or A Country Parson - FINAL.zip

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:48 PM

Andy Evans:

Peace to you, Andy!                                                                 ....   and  .....

Always Joy in the Lord!

Thank you so much for sharing this! 

I was completely unaware of George Herbert.  Upon "discovering" him through your sharing, I am pleased to make a PBB of this work, courtesy of your sharing.

I am truly grateful!                                         *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:38 AM

Hi Milford,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I am very glad you found it interesting.

I first came across Herbert through his poetry whilst studying as an undergraduate (English Literature). I am currently working on transferring his major work (and a collection of John Donne's divine poems) via the PBB tool, but it is a little more fiddly trying to maintain the correct formatting of the stanzas.

I will post The Works of George Herbert over the next couple of weeks.

Andy

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:27 PM

Blessings, Andy!

I just spent a few minutes in prayer asking our Gracious God and Father to bless you for your good nature and your generosity in sharing with your Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!.

I do indeed treasure "The Country Parson," and wish I had more time to read and study.

This and so much other!     Guess I'll just have to prioritise!         *smile*

(BTW, I happen to be a John Donne "fan" also for a long, long, long time!)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS