The Priest to the Temple or, The Country Parson - PBB

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1840
Forum MVP
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 6:34 AM

.docx file and images for George Herbert's The Country Parson as suggested here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37144/278622.aspx#278622

6758.George Herbert - A Priest to the Temple, or A Country Parson - FINAL.zip

iMac 5k (Late 2014), 4GHz i7, 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3, R9 M295X 4GB, 3TB Fusion Drive

13" MBA (2011), i5 1.7GHz, 256SSD, 4GB

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:48 PM

Andy Evans:

Peace to you, Andy!                                                                 ....   and  .....

Always Joy in the Lord!

Thank you so much for sharing this! 

I was completely unaware of George Herbert.  Upon "discovering" him through your sharing, I am pleased to make a PBB of this work, courtesy of your sharing.

I am truly grateful!                                         *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1840
Forum MVP
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:38 AM

Hi Milford,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I am very glad you found it interesting.

I first came across Herbert through his poetry whilst studying as an undergraduate (English Literature). I am currently working on transferring his major work (and a collection of John Donne's divine poems) via the PBB tool, but it is a little more fiddly trying to maintain the correct formatting of the stanzas.

I will post The Works of George Herbert over the next couple of weeks.

Andy

iMac 5k (Late 2014), 4GHz i7, 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3, R9 M295X 4GB, 3TB Fusion Drive

13" MBA (2011), i5 1.7GHz, 256SSD, 4GB

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:27 PM

Blessings, Andy!

I just spent a few minutes in prayer asking our Gracious God and Father to bless you for your good nature and your generosity in sharing with your Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!.

I do indeed treasure "The Country Parson," and wish I had more time to read and study.

This and so much other!     Guess I'll just have to prioritise!         *smile*

(BTW, I happen to be a John Donne "fan" also for a long, long, long time!)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.