PBB: Jonathan Edwards, An Unpublished Essay on the Trinity

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2275
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 3 2011 10:12 AM

I have attached a .docx of Jonathan Edwards', An Unpublished Essay on the Trinity with a thumbnail for the book cover.

I realise that Logos offer a collection Edwards' work, but understand (and am assured) that this essay is not included. Please let me know if this is not the case and I will remove the file as it is absolutely not my intention to share .docxs of resources offered by Logos.

1172.Jonathan Edwards.zip

Posts 2568
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2011 10:42 AM

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2011 3:17 PM

Thanks so much for providing that, Andy.

This essay was John Piper's first introduction to Jonathan Edwards. He writes:

"I recall the day in class when Fuller was accused of being too rational by a student from the new school of psychology. Fuller responded by saying, 'Why can't we be like Jonathan Edwards, who in one moment could be writing a devotion that would warm your grandmother's heart and in the next give a philosophical argument that would stump the chief thinkers of his day?' My heart leaped. I went straight to the library after class, knowing almost nothing of Edwards, and checked out his Essay on the Trinity. That's what I read first."

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 154
Pedro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:52 AM

Thanks Andy. Great article.

Posts 23
Aaron Krueger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 5:13 AM

thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS