Video Resources Working Yet?

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5601
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 2:07 PM

Dominick Sela:
Maybe this is why it's taking so long, Logos has to build an infrastructure to support 5 years of ideas. I sure hope so, and it would be nice to hear something. People would feel a lot better if they knew the vision and direction on video, IMHO.

And that's the crux of it Dominick - silence is not golden to a customer's ears.  The problem is there is a fix for the issues I demonstrated in the the second example of my screen cast because the Greatest Book Video Series also originally had that problem.  Users simply need to be provided with corrected files that are correctly indexed.  But because of the size of the Logos doesn't want to make them available as a download.  They graciously sent me the updated files on a disc for the Greatest Book Series because I asked for them.   I held off asking for them to provide corrected files for the other video resources I have licensed because they said these would be incorporated into L4 - but its now 2 plus years later (if you add on the time from when these we video resources were first sold.  Given how long its been Logos should have sent corrected files in L3 format for everyone who purchased these products so they work correctly in L3 in line with what people were told they would do when they made the original purchase.

If it's taking time to sort out technical issues fine - just please update your promise page Logos to reflect this  - what would concern me if this is being pushed aside in favour of new projects.

I agree there is great future potential for these, image running a biblical places and having a link to a short video of about the place you want to learn more about, or for an object in biblical things, or person in biblical people - if a video was available, I wouldn't expect them to specially make one for each possible search, but there is a lot of material that does exist and if it could be indexed and incorporated into L4 or its successor it would expand the possibilities of it both as a study and teaching tool.

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 5:59 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
... what would concern me if this is being pushed aside in favour of new projects.

And that is also my concern.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS