World Series & Albert Pujols

Page 4 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 112 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:44 AM

Kilroy:

Kevin A. Purcell:
How very sad that you feel this way. I am most impressed with Pujols and his witness
Paul Oertly:
Many have pointed out how abrasive and obnoxious your remarks are.
Jack Caviness:
I disagree with George
alabama24:
One difference between your experience and the one you described from the book is that Albert knows the players he is talking to.
Robert Pavich:
this man witnessed to people for 20 years in this same place...coming up to people in a bold witness that has been described like I did above...and God used him to save thousands....
Kevin A. Purcell:

George Somsel:
Grabbing someone by the collar, shaking him and asking "Are you saved, brother" is not the most effective method of furthering the gospel.  We don't need hit-and-run evangelism. 

Is this a straw man or have you literally experienced this? And has anyone ever seen Albert Pujols do this?

Randall Cue:

Calling Albert's method of evangelism "hit and run" is very funny considering the baseball imagery. It is also very inaccurate. Albert is doing what we all should do. He is witnessing to the people in his work place when the opportunity is presented. These are not people "off the street corner." These are Albert's professional colleagues. We should take Albert's example to heart.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Michael Childs:

George, 

I must say you come across unusually immature in these comments for one who is usually so wise.  Yours is a most unfair caricature of Pujols' evangelism, and a most unchristian attitude.

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:51 AM

Randall Cue:

I disagreed with what George said about Albert Pujols. This is long ago ceased to be about that. George has my unconditional support in his concern about his identity being hijacked on this form. If someone disagrees with what another has said they should say so openly. What some unknown did to George was cowardly. I have written to George and expressed my support to him. No one should be subjected to what George was.

Thought I was finished with this this thread, but this was such a superb post that I must add my agreement Yes

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 11:09 AM

Yes

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:46 AM

Yes Interesting thread.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:51 AM

Willard Scott:

Yes Interesting thread.

Willard, your brevity is therapeutic. Big Smile

Let it be known that when Logos board members get too wild, puppet accounts and impersonators begin to emerge.  'We' are truly a unique  and curious bunch  Coffee

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:45 AM

Paul Newsome:
Let it be known that when Logos board members get too wild, puppet accounts and impersonators begin to emerge.  'We' are truly a unique  and curious bunch  Coffee
So, You believe that these puppets and impersonators actually divert chaos?...by calling attention to the out of control members?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:02 AM

So, are you doing Ronald McDonald now or weather?  Wink Big Smile  I'll bet you get teased about that.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:13 AM

George Somsel:
I'll bet you get teased about that.
I think I just did.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:04 AM

Umbrella Go Cards ! Umbrella

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 10:33 AM

Yes

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:22 PM

Yes

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:48 PM

Cool.  We get a 7th game.  Gift

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:39 AM

GiftGift HHHMMMmmm~~~ GiftGift

Posts 3454
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:06 AM

What about those cards? Go Rangers go!!

I bought the book on my Kindle. Looks like it's a good read so far. Sports and witnessing do go hand in hand. by the way who of us is perfect anyway. Not golfers for sure. but  i do have a many opportunities to witness to the guys over a four hour round and a bud or two. That doesn't turn them off at all just makes me more like one of the guys w/o the rough talk and slamming the clubs.

Yep sure was a good game last night, but unfortunately for the Cards that was their only miracle :)

Go Rangers Go!!

mm.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 3:39 PM

Milkman:
Yep sure was a good game last night, but unfortunately for the Cards that was their only miracle :)
Are you a prophet?Surprise

Edit: Obviously not a prophet. Cards are Champs...AGAINBig Smile

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:27 PM

Yes

Posts 3454
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:52 PM

well what can i say? I can't believe the pitching! Anyway!!!!!!!! I guess it was nice for the Cards to win in their home-field park. Am I a profit? Lost money on this.

mm.

Posts 2931
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:05 PM

George Somsel:

I read the blurb from Nelson on the book.  I noted the comment regarding his interchange with opposing players on 1st.  I really find that off-putting.

I like his way of doing it better than your way of not doing it.

Cool

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 5:29 AM

Doc B:

George Somsel:

I read the blurb from Nelson on the book.  I noted the comment regarding his interchange with opposing players on 1st.  I really find that off-putting.

Cool

That is the consensus. However, I certainly hope we can express it without stooping to the levels reached last weekend.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:37 AM

Doc B:

George Somsel:

Cool

If you are saying that I advocate NOT doing evangelism, you couldn't be further from the truth.  Just because I don't advocate overly aggresive practices doesn't mean that I oppose evangelism.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 4 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS