World Series & Albert Pujols

Page 5 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 112 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:34 AM

George Somsel:
Just because I don't advocate overly aggresive practices doesn't mean that I oppose evangelism.

Not only do I not view his actions as "overly aggressive", I don't even see this as aggressive.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:59 AM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:
Just because I don't advocate overly aggresive practices doesn't mean that I oppose evangelism.

Not only do I not view his actions as "overly aggressive", I don't even see this as aggressive.

Jack Caviness:
I said I disagree with George, but I do not disagree with his right to express his opinion, nor do I find him to be excessively abrasive.
 Very good. We have determined that Mr. Pujols' actions were neither "aggressive" nor "overly aggressive."  However, Mr. Somsel's actions were indeed "abrasive" just not "excessively  abrasive."  It is becoming somewhat clearer.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:18 AM

Willard Scott:
Jack Caviness:
I said I disagree with George, but I do not disagree with his right to express his opinion, nor do I find him to be excessively abrasive.
 Very good. We have determined that Mr. Pujols' actions were neither "aggressive" nor "overly aggressive."  However Mr. Somsel's actions were indeed "abrasive" just not "excessively  abrasive."  It is becoming somewhat clearer.

We have determined no such thing.  What we have "determined" is that SOME consider Pujol's actions as aggressive (or "overly agressive") while others do not and that some consider my actions as "abrasive" while others do not.  Matters of fact are not determined by popular vote.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:52 AM

George Somsel:
Matters of fact are not determined by popular vote.
George Somsel:

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, but you are still wrong.

Are facts determined by your decree? 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:12 AM

Willard Scott:
Are facts determined by your decree?[

Of course, everyone recognizes that fact.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:33 AM

George Somsel:

Willard Scott:
Are facts determined by your decree?[

Of course, everyone recognizes that fact.  Wink

George Somsel:
Matters of fact are not determined by popular vote.
Sir, You speak in riddles. The "fact" that "everyone" recognizes your decrees as "fact" can most assuredly be put to popular vote...with a  predictable outcome.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:45 AM

Willard, if that is indeed your name. 

I note that you, like those of last weekend are rather short in the area of post count and that these have been accumulated largely through replying to me.  If I were the suspicious type, which I am naturally not, I would think that you might be a troll like the others.  It would seem that you are intent upon being provocative nd thereby generating conflict therefore I will no longer interact with you since I would consider your intent to be purely malicious.  Normally, if I understand the folklore correctly, trolls are considered to come out at night and to disappear with the dawn.  In the case of internet trolls it would seem that they come out on the weekends when the Logos office is closed — when the cat's away the mice will play.  Good day to you.  Stick out tongue

george
gfsomsel

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:53 AM

George Somsel:
I will no longer interact with you since I would consider your intent to be purely malicious. 
I just wanted to quote this line, making it a bit harder for you to edit or delete it. How can I possibly survive without King George interacting with me?

Posts 9220
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:01 AM

Wow, I came to this thread thinking I'd get a run-down on the World Series or on Christians playing in it, but instead found a run-down on George Somsel!

So how's about them Cardinals?? Did anyone watch?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:14 AM

Willard Scott:

George Somsel:
I will no longer interact with you since I would consider your intent to be purely malicious. 
I just wanted to quote this line, making it a bit harder for you to edit or delete it. 

Troll or not (the first seems more likely the case), you're not contributing to the original intent of the converstion and are annoying with your false facade. I have purchased the title and have a different opion of Mr. Pujols because of it (disappointed Brewer fan), however one views different kinds of witnessing tactics it is pretty clear on the integrity of his person (Pujols)... may you do likewise.

There's always next year Big Smile all you Brewer fans!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 12:00 PM

Mark Smith:
So how's about them Cardinals?? Did anyone watch?

Yes the Card's pulled it off and are the champs. But our Rangers put up a good fight. May all you Card's fans smile and praise God! As will all the Ranger fans!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 5:51 PM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:54 AM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Fine Job, Jack. Way to stand up for the truth. You will undoubtedly be dubbed a troll, since you initiated this last round of talks early on Sabbath Morning ... When Logos is closed. Be strong, Jack. Defy the slings and arrows.
George Somsel:
In the case of internet trolls it would seem that they come out on the weekends when the Logos office is closed

Always remember:

Search for truth, hear truth, 
learn truth, love truth, speak the truth, hold the truth, 
defend the truth till death. - Jan Hus

EDIT: ... I fear it is unlikely that you will stand strong, In light of what you wrote on another thread. 

Jack Caviness:
In this case, I agree with George in both his posts. {I just had to say that since I previously said I disagreed with him in another thread}.

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 4:17 PM

I ask your forgiveness for posting... but is there any possible way we can just let this thread die?

Even Logos has asked us to let it go. Please. Stop.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 10:26 PM

Yes

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:38 PM

Kilroy:

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Fine Job, Jack. Way to stand up for the truth. You will undoubtedly be dubbed a troll, since you initiated this last round of talks early on Sabbath Morning ... When Logos is closed. Be strong, Jack. Defy the slings and arrows.
George Somsel:
In the case of internet trolls it would seem that they come out on the weekends when the Logos office is closed

Always remember:

Search for truth, hear truth, 
learn truth, love truth, speak the truth, hold the truth, 
defend the truth till death. - Jan Hus

EDIT: ... I fear it is unlikely that you will stand strong, In light of what you wrote on another thread. 

Jack Caviness:
In this case, I agree with George in both his posts. {I just had to say that since I previously said I disagreed with him in another thread}.

Now, Now. 

Lets not be to harsh on Poor Old Jack. History has confirmed that it is very strenuous, and dangerous for a peasants to confront a tyrannical overlord. ... Even harder to stand by that conviction. Modern day martyrs are all but extinct.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2011 8:29 AM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Perhaps this will clarify the matter somewhat. 

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/super-bowl-hero-kurt-warners-suprising-tebow-advice

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:46 PM

Am reminded of a story (I usually am) about D. L. Moody. Someone told Moody, "I don't like the way you witness and do evangelism." To which he replied, "Neither do I. How do you witness?"  He admitted, "I don't."  And Moody said, :"I like my way better."

I think it would be a good idea to be sure that we are witnessing in the most winsome way that we can before criticizing the witness of others.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:56 PM

Michael Childs:

Am reminded of a story (I usually am) about D. L. Moody. Someone told Moody, "I don't like the way you witness and do evangelism." To which he replied, "Neither do I. How do you witness?"  He admitted, "I don't."  And Moody said, :"I like my way better."

I think it would be a good idea to be sure that we are witnessing in the most winsome way that we can before criticizing the witness of others.  

Not to comment with approval or disapproval of Moody, but it was a good reply.  It's like the recipe for Hasenfefer — First, catch the rabbit.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2011 2:35 AM

George Somsel:

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Perhaps this will clarify the matter somewhat. 

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/super-bowl-hero-kurt-warners-suprising-tebow-advice

It says a lot about the culture in which we live when it is alright to speak openly about any relationship at all—except the most important one.

Page 5 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS