Dear Bob Pritchett, may I (also) have a moment of your time?

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:06 PM

To Bob and the rest of the Logos team, Another voice of many expressing my heartfelt gratitude for what you've done, how you've done it, who you are, and Who you honor. As a pastor/missionary, I had accumulated perhaps a 10,000 volume library that was indispensable to my preaching/teaching ministry. Then through a personal tragedy, I lost all but perhaps 12 volumes of my print library. It was a devastating loss to me personally and to my ministry. I am not saying that I relied upon my library like an idol, but it represented a truly significant loss that altered forever the course of my ministry. Many of the volumes were irreplaceable, or had been gifts sacrificially given by long gone family, mentors or friends, and therefore treasured. Others were gathered from all around the world, or searched for over many years through bookstores or the Internet for research purposes.  I shed many tears over the loss.

Fortunately, as a very early Logos customer, I had slowly been amassing a Logos library in electronic format. After the loss, I slowly began rebuilding my library. It has taken a long time, but certain sections are actually filling out and are nearly complete. While certain areas have huge holes still (such as archaeology and biblical history), I can not tell you what a comfort it is to know that as I travel the world as a missionary, I don't need to fear the loss of my investment in my library, thanks to Logos' vision. I have been able to slowly rebuild my educational ministry with titles that are available to me wherever I go on any platform. Your generosity with specials and programs such as community pricing, pre-pubs etc have enabled me to build a respectable library once again that is once again greatly benefiting my ministry and my personal growth. As one who grows spiritually primarily through the spiritual discipline of study, you have blessed my relationship with God immensely. And I concur that every contact I have had with Logos staff has been infused with grace, courtesy and professionalism... even at the times I was grousing about something. You have built an exemplary company and an exemplary product... and even when we clamor and cry and say that we want this or that... please understand that at the basis of such requests is our deep appreciation for what you have achieved, the product you have created, your vision and your Christian character.

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:19 PM

As one who can vividly remember preparing sermons and Church bulletins with dead tree books, an IBM Selectric and a mimeograph machine, I really appreciate having thousands of resources at the click of a mouse. I also appreciate an application that works well on my preferred OS--a Mac Cool

Thank you Bob and company

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:45 PM

Dear Bob and Logos team,

Having read through the thread and nodding repeatedly at each new mention of a feature or weightlessness of thousands of resources, it occurs to me that what we're all thankful for is that Logos truly does (marketing hype aside) "Re-invent Bible Study".  Although many of us are book lovers (I mean the pulp-wood variety: the heft, the smell, the delight of turning a page, the binding... everything), most of us have transitioned to Logos almost exclusively.  Its efficient, its faster than old fashioned study, its EFFECTIVE.

Thanks again!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 1:05 PM

Thankful awesome Logos Bible Software is free (with frequent updates that often fix bugs and improve features), appreciate resource licensing change in 2009 along with Wiki, Topics, and Forum community web sites (virtual friendships in many places around the world).

Likewise Thankful for interaction with Logos employees, including an email follow-up with message: Be Smart and Get Things Done (now part of my daily prayers, one item God is using to positively change me along with Bible Study and forum interactions).

Immensely Thankful to look at  highlighted Greek New Testament (with visual highlights in English Reverse Interlinear) that show grammatical usage.  Visually can see pattern of author's verbal usage plus ponder reflexive nature of middle voice (e.g. Eph 1:4, 9, Php 4:8,9).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 1:14 PM

Many Dittos to what have been said. Thank you for having a passion for Bible Study that pours over to Logos software. Thank you for making a product that positively effects so many countless people, both users and those whom your users are more able to minister to. And thank you most of all for doing this with integrity and wisdom.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 3:50 PM

I cannot really add to what has already been said except to say I agree. I told a group this past Sunday that the two greatest things besides, God's love and grace, that mankind has ever received is God's word and Logos Bible Software. Obviously a little bit of hyperbole...but not muchWink. I love what Logos has made possible.

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:58 PM

I, too, have to express my gratefulness for producing wonderful Bible software, which I use everyday in my personal Bible study.  I also want to take a moment to also say 'thank you' to Logos for the free Perseus collection.  It is still astounding to me to think that I am able to carry around such a large library of Bible-related books in my 8-lb. laptop PC.  And all of it is so easily accessible, at my fingertips.

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:02 AM

Bob and Logos staff:

Year after year, I remain impressed by both the high quality product you produce and the exemplary service you provide. I have always found the voice on the other end to be pleasant and helpful. Over the last 15 (or more years), I have remained so pleased with the value, breadth and number of resources offered. I have not had a equal experience with any other company. In my mind, you set the standard of how a company should operate -- provide excellent product with even better support.The fact that Bob has personally responded to a few of my emails over the last decade says all you need to know about the company!

Thank you for all the work you do on our behalf.

Chuck

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:04 AM

I would also like to add my thanks to everyone at Logos for a great product. 

The ability to do in-depth study on my MacBook, yet read almost all my resources on my iPad in more of a traditional book format is a huge plus for me.  I'm a newcomer to Logos, but what I've seen so far makes me very excited about the possibilities in terms of my academic study, personal Bible reading and preaching.  Do keep up the good work!

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:32 AM

Logos is an AMAZING gift to the Body. Thank you ALL, but especially those initial visionaries and pioneers who persevered through the early goings to bring this software to this place.

Thank you Bob.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:09 AM

Ron Corbett:

Logos is an AMAZING gift to the Body. Thank you ALL, but especially those initial visionaries and pioneers who persevered through the early goings to bring this software to this place.

Thank you Bob.

I must be missing something...Tongue Tied

Nobody gave (gift) me Logos!  I have invested over $25,000 into the software.  There is an expectation when a "for profit" company offers a service for a fee -- RESULTS.

Clearly the title of this thread is trying to spoof/lessen the original poster who initiated the "Dear Bob..." post, taking issue with performance.

Dear Bob Pritchett, may I (also) have a moment of your time?

The original poster was trying to state a concern, merely a concern.

In closing, I agree that Bob works hard at trying to build Logos, but that is my expectation, otherwise, I would have not invested the money I did.

And, I do give thanks... every time I buy more resources.  We all vote with our dollars!    But, the last thing I want this post to show is a lack of gratitude.  I am very appreciative, thank you!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:48 AM

MJD:
I also like the open nature of a post for all users to see the question.  Because, additional users, may be able to chime in and provide insight

MJD:
I think the public forum is a great place to address the company/proprietor with the question if the user so chooses.

MJD:
And, I do give thanks... every time I buy more resources.  We all vote with our dollars!

MJD:
I have invested over $25,000 into the software.

MJD:

Ummm.....

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:06 AM

Thanks Bob and Logos!  You guys are doing an awesome job!  I particularly love the fact that you guys are publishing works such as the EEC that wouldn't have been published otherwise. 

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:24 PM

MJD:

I agree!  You must be missing the whole point... Cool

"I read dead people..."

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:31 PM

MJD ... $25,000????

And you want the software to work in an expected way?

How ungracious can you be?

Next thing, you'll want to use your car without researching the internet on how to drive it.

But I have to admit the Gorgias Collection is just unbelievable.

Thank you Logos! I do like your 'resources' as you like to call them.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:37 PM

Denise Barnhart:
MJD ... $25,000???? And you want the software to work in an expected way? How ungracious can you be?

If we ignore the fact the basic search engine is without cost, A user can experience the full range of features and a whole new level of Bile study with just the Scholar's Library base package for $629. The other $24,000+ is just resources (& more resources)

The base package comparison chart shows the Scholar's Library has all the content of the higher packages in most reference books, interlinears, ministry helps and all the program's features. You will only go for the highest packages if you want many commentaries and theologies. If you like archeology, historical theology and scholarly works, you end up addicted and amass $5K, $10K, $20K, $50K ....$?K

Remember, rich people are called "eccentric" when they display obsessive compulsive tendencies. The rest of us are called "crazy." Stick out tongue

added: Oh yeah, If you are a student and you are content to just study the text without need for ministry helps and reading what other guys say the text says (generally called "commentaries") you can get by with the Original Languages base package for $416. (Even less if you qualify for Academic discounts.)

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:07 PM

Well, maybe so.

But better to keep 'MJD's on the Logos team. I'm sure A-Company would certainly love to have customers like that.

Imagine if you owned a bookstore with lots of customers like MJD? Probably have pretty good coffee too.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 7:28 AM

Denise Barnhart:
Imagine if you owned a bookstore with lots of customers like MJD? Probably have pretty good coffee too.

Coffee

"I read dead people..."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:07 AM

Brother Mark:
Denise Barnhart:
Coffee

Would probably have great live music on Friday nights, too. Music

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 3:06 PM

You sure could put me in the crazy category...  Yes, I want to know my creator in a deeper and more meaningful way each day.

His irresistible grace has so overwhelmed me, to know that he not only died on the Cross for me, but he also died on the Cross because of me.

I am not a scholar by any means, but I do love Bible study.   And, I do like using Logos for my Bible study.

Shocker...

But, I want Logos to keep getting better, faster, deeper, etc...

I believe Logos will, and that is why I keep investing into their platform.

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS