Your on air license expires in 12 days

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:41 AM

I have just had this message display, 'Your on air license expires in 12 days', with an option to purchase a 12-month license (as per the prices advertised on the Proclaim website). The message warns that, if I do not purchase the license, a watermark will be displayed on presentations.

I was wondering if this was correct? I understood that Proclaim was free during the Beta period. We are seriously considering switching from Mediashout to Proclaim, but would not consider purchasing a license until some of the bugs and instabilities have been ironed out (i.e. until it is out of Beta).

I would be grateful for any clarification you are able to provide.

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:53 AM

Andy, I am considering purchasing it for next year. Hope that we will be allowed to use it during the beta period, so that its full potential can be unleashed.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:02 AM

I'm not sure how long the beta period was/is supposed to last, but I know that it being extended until the end of the year was contingent on the Facebook campaign that they're doing. Wondering if the expiration coincides with that?

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:04 AM

Lynden Williams:

Andy, I am considering purchasing it for next year. Hope that we will be allowed to use it during the beta period, so that its full potential can be unleashed.

Hi Lynden,

We are seriously considering moving to Proclaim, hence jumping on board the Beta programme. (I wouldn't have jumped on board unless we were seriously looking to go with Proclaim.) I understood, however, from the advertisement below, that Proclaim would remain free during the Beta programme. It is not an option for us to project with the watermark during services.

It appears (on the face of it) that Proclaim is more expensive than our current package (MediaShout). We are currently trying to anticipate the likely difference in cost (based on our previous and likely future upgrades with MediaShout) and evaluate the benefits of moving across to Proclaim (many of the features are really promising and I really like the clean UI). I mention this because I do not believe that I can, in good faith, commit the church to purchasing a package at this kind of cost during the Beta phase.

I was wondering if you had the same message displaying? Could it be a bug or have I misunderstood the advertisement below (which is entirely possible, it has been a loooooonnnnng day)?

The message appeared with the latest update.

Thanks again for your response.

Andy

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:07 AM

LaRosa Johnson:

I'm not sure how long the beta period was/is supposed to last, but I know that it being extended until the end of the year was contingent on the Facebook campaign that they're doing. Wondering if the expiration coincides with that?

Hi LaRosa, 

The message definitely says that the on air license is set to expire in 12 days. Surely this will not be ready to move out of Beta in 12 days.... Unless someone has really, really, really been working hard behind the scenes Big Smile.

Andy

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:57 AM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Yes, Proclaim is free during the Beta period. There is a separate On-Air license that is provided to each Group when it is created with a month-long duration. It should auto-renew itself automatically with at no charge. 

That renewal message is intended to appear when your licenses are actually expired, so this represents a bug. Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:02 PM

Hunter Clagett:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Yes, Proclaim is free during the Beta period. There is a separate On-Air license that is provided to each Group when it is created with a month-long duration. It should auto-renew itself automatically with at no charge. 

That renewal message is intended to appear when your licenses are actually expired, so this represents a bug. Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Hi Hunter,

Thanks very much for the response and clarification.

Andy

Posts 13
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 3:38 AM

Hi

I love Procaim so far, but I must have chosen a wrong option somewhere as my credit card has actually been charged for the On-Air license.

So I am both richer and poorer by using Proclaim.

Regards

David

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 7:46 AM

David,

Now is a good time to buy an On-air license as they are presently on sale. If you buy one now, it will automatically be added to the END of the beta period. Proclaim will continue to be free for you until the end of the beta period, and then the license you purchased will kick in.

That said, if you didn't intend to buy an on-air license, please contact Logos customer support at 800-875-6467 to get that charge refunded.

--Todd

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 7:52 AM

Sorry -- just noticed you're in the UK.

You can find a wide range of contact info here, including a special UK line.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS