Location of downloaded media, temp files, etc

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Ken Granger | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:52 PM

I understand the reason for installing the Users folder but I wonder if it's possible to point the 'data' files to another drive? I just got a new laptop that has a huge second hard drive that I'd like to use for data and keep my C: drive 'uncluttered'. Is there a way to point the application to look and download elsewhere?

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:56 PM

Ken:

To be honest, it doesn't make a lot of sense to only store the data there. The fetch speed will be affected if you have it all on your main drive or split it. I'd suggest you just install the whole program on the secondary drive. That would make things quite a bit easier. :)

Posts 10
Ken Granger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 5:23 PM

I don't recall getting the option to specify where I wanted it installed. I'll uninstall and try again.

Posts 10
Ken Granger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 5:35 PM

OK, reinstalled and did not get an option to say where I wanted it installed. I have set the location of 'My Documents' to my D: (Data) drive but it looks like the media and stuff are still getting put on C: Can you tell me how to specify to install it elsewhere?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 8:49 PM

Proclaim does not allow you to specify the data directory. You could use a symbolic link to point to your D: drive.

Posts 10
Ken Granger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:13 AM

OK, I've not used symbolic links before; how exactly should this be done?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:44 PM

Make sure you don't have any unsynced changes, then rename the Proclaim directory located in %LOCALAPPDATA% to Proclaim.OLD.

md D:\Proclaim // this is where you data will be located
cd  %LOCALAPPDATA%
mklink /J Proclaim D:\Proclaim 

Once you have verified that everything is ok you can delete the Proclaim.OLD directory in %LOCALAPPDATA%

Posts 12
Ron Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 6:54 PM

please implement installer options to install to a different drive than C. using symbolic links is busch league. thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS