Bibles Repriced to $10.00!

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 24 2011 4:23 PM

Hey Y'all,

Yesterday I was surfing on the Logos website when I saw that they had repriced (sale) many Bibles for $10.00. So I picked up the New Jerusalem Bible and The Good News translation. I am considering picking up the New American Bible, as well. 

I am so happy to pay the lower price!! Everybody go check it out!Smile

Sorry if my English is funny, I have been living overseas for 10 years.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 5:04 PM

Kendall Sholtess:
I have been living overseas for 10 years.

Then it's time you get your feet on solid ground.  Angel

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 6:10 PM

George Somsel:

Kendall Sholtess:
I have been living overseas for 10 years.

Then it's time you get your feet on solid ground.  Angel

Landlubber.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 6:41 PM

Thank you Kendall!  ... I got 3 incl Amplified, NAB and NJ.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 8:30 PM

The JPS Tanakh says published 1985:

http://www.logos.com/product/384/tanakh-the-holy-scriptures

But the Second Edition came out in 1999. Can anyone who has it confirm if this $10 JPS Tanakh is the 1985 First Edition or the 1999 Second Edition?

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 8:50 PM

Logos.com URL for showing Bibles that may not be in your library, sorted by lowest price:

http://www.logos.com/products/search?unlocked=no&sort=pricelo&pageSize=60&Resource+Type=Bibles

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 30946
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:11 PM

Eric Weiss:
The JPS Tanakh says published 1985:

That is correct - it is the 1985 edition.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:11 PM

Here's the info page:

:

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:32 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Logos.com URL for showing Bibles that may not be in your library, sorted by lowest price:

http://www.logos.com/products/search?unlocked=no&sort=pricelo&pageSize=60&Resource+Type=Bibles

Keep Smiling Smile

Many Bibles in a variety of languages are more than $ 10 plus an older English Bible => The New American Standard Bible, 1977 edition is still $ 49.95 (praying for $ 10 Biblical pricing)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:49 PM

Kendall Sholtess:

Hey Y'all,

Yesterday I was surfing on the Logos website when I saw that they had repriced (sale) many Bibles for $10.00. So I picked up the New Jerusalem Bible and The Good News translation. I am considering picking up the New American Bible, as well. 

I am so happy to pay the lower price!! Everybody go check it out!Smile

Sorry if my English is funny, I have been living overseas for 10 years.

Kudos, Kendall!!, and thank you for the info., I had been looking at Complete Jewish Bible, Rotherham's Emphasized, and the Amplified Bible for quite a while. The first two had been on pre-pub. and I had to let them go Crying, but these prices are much better!! Pays to read the blogs Big Smile

Pity there is a copyright restriction on the New Jerusalem Bible (USA and Canada only), so us Aussies will have to miss out.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 10:28 PM

Kendall Sholtess:

Great catch, thanks. I just picked up several Bibles I'd been considering.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:00 AM

Good find!

Let me also suggest this, if you are buying the Amplified Bible. It is only $30 and includes Calvin's Institutes and some other works, in addition to the Bible:

http://www.logos.com/product/8734/nas-electronic-bible-library

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:48 AM

Garrett Ho:

Let me also suggest this, if you are buying the Amplified Bible. It is only $30 and includes Calvin's Institutes and some other works, in addition to the Bible:

http://www.logos.com/product/8734/nas-electronic-bible-library

If have purchased a Logos base package, suggest checking library since many resources in NAS Electronic Bible Library are included in various base packages.  For example, Calvin's Institutes is included in 7 base packages => http://www.logos.com/comparison

One resource is not included: NAS Exhaustive Concordance.  With Logos 4 search capabilities, including Bible Word Study, suspect concordance would not be missed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 8:38 AM

Thanks for the link. I checked out the Louis Segond French Bible and I noted that the Logos blurb is inaccurate.

I would say that the Segond 1910 is equivalent to the Revised Standard of 1881 (hope I have that date correct in my memory). I have examined closely the Louis Segond 1910 version for many years along with the Greek text (TR and the Critical text) and it was my daily reading Bible. http://www.logos.com/product/273/louis-segond-1910-french-bible

Also, note that if someone desires a Louis Segond Bible that is equivalent or close to the KJV, he should consult the Trinitarian Bible Society which publishes such a bible in French. They have an internet site.

Hope this helps!

E.

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:49 AM

It's too bad The New Jerusalem Bible for $10 is the Reader's Edition, because the notes are an important part of this translation.

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:54 AM

The NET Bible is not grayed out when I look at the page, yet I have the NET Bible with my Platinum package, the same edition as being offered for $10.

QUESTION: Is this $10 pricing for these Bibles a short-term offer, or will they remain at this price for some time?

Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:58 PM

George Gates:
Pity there is a copyright restriction on the New Jerusalem Bible (USA and Canada only), so us Aussies will have to miss out.

More than a pity, it was the only one I'm interested in!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 3:10 PM

Dave Hooton:

George Gates:

The restriction only says that the "billing address" must be in America. It doesn't say the downloading computer must be there. If that information is accurate, you can try finding a helpful American to 'exchange Christmas gifts' with, and an equally helpful sales rep to get you through the process. I e John Doe buys the New Jerusalem for Jane Doe, and Jane Doe buys some other $10 Bible for John Doe. Of course, it will be much easier if the $10 price lasts until we can buy things from each others wishlists directly, without troubling a sales rep, but we don't know that right now -- and in any case the season for gifts is now, isn't it? Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 1:01 AM

Dave Hooton:

George Gates:

Interesting...hasn't always been the case  I have the New Jerusalem Bible.   I think possibly I got it as part of the Logos 2.1 Scholars Package, but not 100% on that, it was from those days anyway I would have first got a license file for it. 

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 2:50 AM

I am so glad you all found it helpful. Smile

This encourages me to post more; although after I changed my e-mail address in the profile, I lost the number of all my posts. Sad Hope I can build back up again.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS