Camp Logos CD

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 32
Blair | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:34 AM

Is there a "for sale" forum somewhere. Blowed if I can find it. Among other things I'd like to pick up a copy of Camp Logos if someone is finished with it. There was a copy on ebay for just under $100 that I would have nabbed last week but 90% of stuff on ebay can't be shipped out of the US.

If there's a forum here for Logos stuff that people want to sell please forgive this posting (and would someone point me in the right direction?).

Thanks,

Blair

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:44 AM

Blair:

If there's a forum here for Logos stuff that people want to sell please forgive this posting (and would someone point me in the right direction?).

In a word, no.

Why? The forum Guidelines state(link):

"Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products"

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 25224
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:44 AM

Hi Blair

Sorry, but the forum guidelines provided by Logos - available at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10072.aspx - say (among other things):

"Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products"

So that's why you didn't find a forum for people to sell Logos-related resources.

Graham

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:48 AM

Graham Criddle:

So that's why you didn't find a forum for people to sell Logos-related resources.

Wow, it appears we think alike, doesn't it?

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 25224
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 3:14 AM

BKMitchell:
Wow, it appears we think alike, doesn't it?

Indeed...

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 4:03 AM

Blair:
(and would someone point me in the right direction?).

Suggest contacting Logos Sales => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

By the way, Still Truth web site has a forum.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 4:03 AM

Well, can we have a thread if we want to BUY? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 4:33 AM

toughski:

Well, can we have a thread if we want to BUY? 

Observation: difficult for a seller to abide with forum guidelines when answering someone who wants to buy.

A recently added option for items you want to buy is your Logos.com wish list(s) => https://www.logos.com/user/wishlists  that has option for public sharing.

Primary focus of Logos Bible Software Forums is using Logos Bible Software.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 32
Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:54 AM

Wow! do you guys have those guidelines memorized or something?

OK. Thanks people. That's disappointing but understandable.

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:24 PM

Blair,

They are well worth the price and you would benefit from purchasing them.  I am looking forward to the next edition coming out...Camp 2.  The sales personnel can help you with a payment plan here on the website.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 11:18 PM

RIchard K Ross:
They are well worth the price and you would benefit from purchasing them.  I am looking forward to the next edition coming out...Camp 2.  The sales personnel can help you with a payment plan here on the website.

Logos Christmas Credit is available until 2 Jan 2012 => http://www.logos.com/christmas

Purchasing Camp Logos DVD's would include at least 20 % credit toward future Logos.com purchases (currently pre-publication purchases are excluded).

Camp Logos Live is $ 224.95 so Christmas credit would be at least $ 44.99 (up to $ 112.48 when included with other purchases).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 32
Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:07 AM

RIchard K Ross:

Blair,

I'm told they are, and I tend to believe it. Only, being a relic from those funny old days when technology actually came with instructions in the box, something inside me rebels against having spent the GDP of a small Pacific Island on software that doesn't actually provide at least a thorough user manual. I know this sounds like a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face but, really, not even a manual?! Videos, forums and wikis all serve their purpose. But not even a decent manual?

I know I'll end up buying them one day and prove you all right. But till then 200 bucks worth of training material is something I think Logos could include with their package - I mean if they REALLY wanted to do people a favour and get them out of the "you know you only use 5% of this application's features" syndrome, throwing it in the library would be a nice gesture.

Anyway, I do appreciate the many good comments the videos receive as it does help alleviate some of the concerns of potential buyers who have no way of assessing the quality or range of information provided in them.

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:25 AM

Blair:
But not even a decent manual?

Wonder if have looked at Help in Logos 4 program, which has lots of information.

Help uses a resource file that Logos updates periodically.  For example, Personal Book information is now included.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Nic Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:58 AM

what about just borrowing them. I'm not going to use them more than once. I understand people need to purchase them to make the production profitable, but $200 is pretty steep. When I bought BibleWorks, really clear explanatory modules and video came with the CD's for free. I'd love to borrow someone's for a week or two.

Posts 679
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:48 PM

I agree. The price of $200 is an outrage to me and this is their Pre-Pub price Confused. I find it amazing how many people support Logos with this price on this forum.

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 1:29 PM

Camp Logos is not produced by Logos, but rather Morris Proctor. There are people who earn their living working for him. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 32
Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:00 AM

I think that's precisely the point: there are a number of people who aren't buying it - probably for the reason you put so bluntly. I would imagine, being equally as blunt here, that that kind of comment comes most easily from people who have their library paid for by their church, or for whom two hundred dollars is a paltry sum.

I don't begrudge Morris Proctor his living, nor can I argue with him if that is the price he needs to set. I merely repeat my comment that this kind of thing (or Logos' own comprehensive training manual/videos) should be included in the package when you purchase it. This Ikea, piecemeal mentality that companies like Apple have honed to a fine art has, unfortunately, become the new norm. I come from a distant age when the people who designed the product showed you how to use it.

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:20 AM

Wether or not Logos should be doing something more/different for training is a separate issue from wether a group of talented people should be able to make a living producing training videos. My comment does not come from someone who has "their library paid for by the church," rather I am an unemployed, recent seminar graduate. Why do you feel the need to come in and bash people? Furthermore, how do you know who is or who is not buying the training?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:39 AM

Blair:

I merely repeat my comment that this kind of thing (or Logos' own comprehensive training manual/videos) should be included in the package when you purchase it.

I completely agree, Blair. Please add your vote(s) to UserVoice to support this idea. I have given it three votes!

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:43 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

Blair:

I merely repeat my comment that this kind of thing (or Logos' own comprehensive training manual/videos) should be included in the package when you purchase it.

I completely agree, Blair. Please add your vote(s) to UserVoice to support this idea. I have given it three votes!

Presumably the cost of base packages would increase to accommodate this Logos-provided training.  I personally would rather keep the status quo as it is and only incur the cost of training when I feel I really need it.  As a newcomer to Logos, I don't mind using what free training resources are out there in order to get to know the product.

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS