Some disappointments with Logos 4

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:16 AM

Thomas Black:

Steven,

I'm not sure - but I suspect prioritization (done int he library pane) will effect this.  I haven't tested it though, so YMMV.

Thomas that is what I did. It works, and to make sure I dragged it to the top of the Greek Lexicons.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:29 AM

Excellent.  In some ways it just shows that L4 did what it should do by respecting prioritization across tools.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:47 AM

Steven L. Spencer:
Thank you so much, Philip. That did the trick. And now another question: I have a collection called "Greek Word Studies."  I have numerous Lexicons in it. My question is this: I would like for BGAD to head the list (followed by 8 or 9 others). Right now that isn't happening. BGAD doesn't come up until I click twice on more resources. Is there a way I can have my resources in this collection appear in my preferred order?  Thanks for your help. Glad there are people like you out there who know what they are doing. Blessings--Steve

your very welcome. below are instructions on how to do what the others hinted at, prioritize a resource.

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:50 AM

[EDIT _ Ah, Philip, you beat me to it --WELL DONE]

Stephen (I just had to try to help another "Steve!)

Do you need any assistance in "prioritizing"? (yes, another new L4 word  -- this used to be part of key-linking process  in L3)

I  don't want to waste your time if you already know how - but I believe that it will do waht you are looking for.

All the best

Steve

ps. keep coming back here to ask questions. Theses men and women are a wonderful "Help" guide!

pps Philip, that was a wonderful tutorial!!!

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:57 AM

Excellent walk-through Philip.

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:00 AM

I say we give Philip a new power packed computer or that illustration. Computer

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:26 AM

Floyd Johnson:

My next fear, and something I will check before I create any more collections, is that when I next receive an update to L4, I might lose my personal collections.  I suspect that I will find that out tomorrow or the next day.

Floyd

Hi Floyd, I also had that fear.  Yesterday, I spent a few hours on a collection; today I downloaded an update and it was a program update which brought me up to 4.03.2700 and my collection and mytags are A-OK.  FYI

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:32 AM

Steven L. Spencer:

I'll have various collections on a given passage. For example, collections entitled--Bible Dictionaries, Greek Word Studies, Theology, etc. But when I go to study a different passage--the 'collections' tab doesn't come pre-loaded with what I had before. I have to 'reload' EVERY collection from a drop-down list. This is time consuming and really irritates me.  The reason it's important to have my collections preserved whenever I go to a new passage is because I will often use the study guide for one-verse-at-a-time. This allows me to focus on one verse at a time as I gather my information. Thus, having to 'reload' my collections every time I change my passage-guide to another verse is a real nuisance that slows me down in my study.

Steven

Phillip gave you far better instructions than I had done, so I edited this post to remove evidence of my inferiority. I have one question though. Phillip, why did you delete Handouts from your example? Thomas will be peeved. Big Smile

Jack

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:50 AM

JackCaviness:
Phillip, why did you delete Handouts from your example? Thomas will be peeved

You picked up on that, did ya :-)

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:08 PM

Philip Spitzer:
You picked up on that, did ya :-)

I hang upon your every word/picture Geeked

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:37 PM

Was that

JackCaviness:
hang upon
or
JackCaviness:
hang up on
  ??? Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:42 PM

Bill Stonebraker:

Was that

JackCaviness:
hang upon
or
JackCaviness:
hang up on
  ??? Wink

Good question. If you note the number of posts Phillip has made, you know that it would take several people working in tandem just to read his posts. Kidding aside: Phillip offers a ton (or more) of valuable advice in those 633 (and counting) posts. I honestly appreciate all those who did the beta testing.

Jack

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:19 PM

Hi Jack,

JackCaviness:
Phillip offers a ton (or more) of valuable advice

I much appreciate Tom's, Damian's, Dave's, & Philip's contributions as well... can't figure out how they manage to write so often & so on-target.

Thanks, much, guys!

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:17 PM

JackCaviness:
Phillip offers a ton (or more) of valuable advice in those 633 (and counting) posts. I honestly appreciate all those who did the beta testing.
Thanks for the compliment (someone tell Thomas :-)). I'm just lovin L4.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:40 PM

Philip, fishing for compliments again are we? 

Heh, you really are giving lots of good help my friend. 

Ok, back to war.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:39 PM

I have faith in the folks at Logos. I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased the "portfolio". Big bucks, yes. But there is nothing I love more than studying the word of God and having so many resources to draw from. To all the folks at Logos--I'm counting on you to make Logos 4 the incontestably greatest Bible soft-ware program in the world!

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:47 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

I have faith in the folks at Logos. I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased the "portfolio". Big bucks, yes. But there is nothing I love more than studying the word of God and having so many resources to draw from. To all the folks at Logos--I'm counting on you to make Logos 4 the incontestably greatest Bible soft-ware program in the world!

Congratulations Steven. Let it serve you well.

Bohuslav

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS