4.3 SR-8 (4.30.0.1624) Doesn't like the ESV and its worse

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 16 2012 6:30 PM

Every time I try to open the ESV Bible the LOGOS closes. Any idea? It is just closing at random as I try to use different resources. Help

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 7:31 PM

James - Is this true with any layout? Can you open the ESV under a blank layout (everything else closed?)

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 7:34 PM

James Alexander:
Any idea?

Unexpected closing is often a crash.

Wonder about enabling diagnostic logging, restart Mac, then launch Logos 4 Mac.  If crash again, please download then use Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop (copies console messages, then compresses contents of your Logging folder for posting).

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac  with terminal commands, which are used in applescript application.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting  => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac  has log posting steps.

- - -

Since using stable Logos 4.3 SR-8 version, other option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 7:55 PM

Yes it happens with any, including a blank layout.

Going to bed soon, will look into 2nd posters options tomorrow evening.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 4:48 AM

I had recent trouble with the ESV and SR-8. I had to delete it and then re-download it and it started playing nicely again.

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 9:35 AM

Problem solved. Called Tech support and they discovered that my index was corrupted. How/why I have no idea. Day one spent rebuilding index, but it did not rebuild completely. Day 2 call tech supported and rebuild index again. Now everything works fine.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:21 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

I had recent trouble with the ESV and SR-8. I had to delete it and then re-download it and it started playing nicely again.

Hide and unhide ESV resource would force ESV indexing to be deleted then created and merged.

Pastor James:

Problem solved. Called Tech support and they discovered that my index was corrupted. How/why I have no idea. Day one spent rebuilding index, but it did not rebuild completely. Day 2 call tech supported and rebuild index again. Now everything works fine.

Thanks for sharing solution. Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS