Need Help ASAP - How do I hook up, is cord needed, is internet connection needed etc. see below

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29
Craig Minke | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:06 PM

One the presentation is complete

How do I get it to communicate to my projector, I don't think the projector is wireless

What are the steps involved in making it work, or no one will want the software if they can't make it play on the projector

What drives it or stops it switching from slide to slide

Do we need to have an internet connection to make it work?

Does it need to be hooked up to the lap top

Do I need to download the presentation to my laptop before?

Can the program be run of my ipad, if so how do I hook up the ipad to the projector - type wiring

We are wanting to go live with a presentation tomorrow first time?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:31 PM

Noticed duplicate post (couple hours older) => How to Hook Up to Projector

Craig Minke:

How do I get it to communicate to my projector, I don't think the projector is wireless

What are the steps involved in making it work, or no one will want the software if they can't make it play on the projector

To connect computer and projector, depends on hardware capabilities of both devices.  Ideally, computer has a graphics setup to drive two (or more) monitors.  Projectors can have a variety of input connections, depending on make and model.  May need software drivers and/or hardware setup on computer to recognize projector as secondary display.  If computer and projector have HD-15 VGA or HDMI connectors, long cables (25 feet) are available.

Appears Proclaim uses Secondary Display for presentation => Trouble getting Proclaim to extend to projector

Craig Minke:
Do we need to have an internet connection to make it work?

Do I need to download the presentation to my laptop before?

Appears internet connection needed to download (cache) presentation copy => offline option? Totally local operation?

Also setting physical location may be prudent => Proclaim not broadcasting to Mobile Devices

Craig Minke:
Can the program be run of my ipad, if so how do I hook up the ipad to the projector - type wiring

Appears iPad can be used to remotely control presentation => Mac & iPad Remote and => Do I need Internet Signal to run IOS app? albeit needs some improvement => BUG: iPad Controller failed

By the way, Apple offers a HDMI adapter that can be used with an iPad 2 or iPhone 4s to mirror everything on screen => http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A (needs HDMI cable and projecter connection).  This adapter can be used with some older iOS models for slide shows and movies.

Craig Minke:
We are wanting to go live with a presentation tomorrow first time?

Practice before audience appears ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:36 PM

Craig,

Let me try to help you. Some of these questions are answered on our website Proclaimonline.com/support.

You will need to connect to projector to your computer and when you click On Air the presentation window shows. Simply drag this off screen to the projector. 

You select the slide to show on-screen by clicking on the slide you would like to show. 

You will need an Internet connection to make "Signals" work, but all presentations are stored locally. You do not need an Internet connection to present. But, as you mentioned, you will need to sync your presentation online to get any the latest version of your presentation. Once you sync the latest presentation version is now on your computer locally.

There is not an iPad remote app. There is an iPhone and Android remote app. These are run when connected to the same wireless network, which is necessary for remote control.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Matt

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS