Need more bids for the Classic Commentary on Philippians

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 5:47 AM

I've bumped mine up to $80 from $40 to try to bring it down - I do not want to pay even $80, but will if I have to. 

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 5:50 AM

Who all of a sudden has the money to drop $100's on all of these community priced books. I call shenanigans! This is worth about $40, so lets get it down!

Posts 2478
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:05 AM

It's down to $80 - let's keep the bids coming!

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:08 AM

Yeah at $80 already!! Lets keep it going down!Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:28 AM

I've now bumped mine down to $70.

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:31 AM

I'm going for the peak at $40. I think paying more is paying too much.

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:38 AM

Dean053:

I've bumped mine up to $80 from $40 to try to bring it down - I do not want to pay even $80, but will if I have to. 

Same here; I don't know why folks bid it up to such a high price--it's like the Hunt brothers trying to corner the Silver market

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:22 AM

Those who have bid $40 or $50 have nothing to lose by temporarily bidding at $70 or $80 to try to get this down to a level they would be willing (and the rest of us would prefer) to pay. You have until next Friday to lower the bid again. 

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:25 AM

Ward Walker:

Dean053:

Same here; I don't know why folks bid it up to such a high price--it's like the Hunt brothers trying to corner the Silver market

I am not sure I understand your logic...   If you have a winning bid of $90 and you increase your bid to the max bid of $170.  Effectively you would raise the graph on the lower side of the bidding, because your bid is now $80 over the winning amount, hence putting more dollars in the overall bucket. I would think if everyone increases their bid to the max of $170 then it would lower the price faster on the lower side of the graph because the overall cumulative dollars are adding up fast.  Is this logic correct?

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:30 AM

Simon:

I'm going for the peak at $40. I think paying more is paying too much.

me too.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:32 AM

MJD:

I am not sure I understand your logic...   If you have a winning bid of $90 and you increase your bid to the max bid of $170 effectively you would raise the graph on the lower side because your bid is now $80 over the winning amount. I would think if everyone increases their bid to the max of $170 then it would lower the price faster on the lower side of the graph because the overall cumulative dollars move the winning price down for everyone.  Is this logic correct?

By increasing from $40 to $80 I raised the $80 a little - the exact same affect would have been had if I raised it to ninety or $170, but psychologically I don't wish to do that, so I'm chasing this one down. If everyone followed suit, and those who bid at $40 raised their bid to $80 or $70, we would bring this down quicker, which would make it more likely that we could get it down to fifty or forty by next Friday. When people sit on a $40 bid, it is effectively not doing anything until others bring it down - if they raise the bid, they are helping to bring it down to the bid they want, and there is no risk as long as they change it back before bidding ends. 

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:38 AM

This make sense... People are not helping this as much by sitting on $40 bid because if already went over the production line.  RAISE your bids and it would have a better effect on the overall price.

Posts 246
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:40 AM

Dean053:
By increasing from $40 to $80 I raised the $80 a little - the exact same affect would have been had if I raised it to ninety or $170, but psychologically I don't wish to do that, so I'm chasing this one down. If everyone followed suit, and those who bid at $40 raised their bid to $80 or $70, we would bring this down quicker, which would make it more likely that we could get it down to fifty or forty by next Friday. When people sit on a $40 bid, it is effectively not doing anything until others bring it down - if they raise the bid, they are helping to bring it down to the bid they want, and there is no risk as long as they change it back before bidding ends. 

I agree that this is the best way forward and have done the same.

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:43 AM

MJD:

RAISE your bids and it would have a better effect on the overall price.

Idea

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:42 AM

Just a couple more bids at $70 and it will be down to that, which is setting a good trend and showing reasonable progress with six days yet to go.... Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:49 AM

David J. Wilson:

Just a couple more bids at $70 and it will be down to that, which is setting a good trend and showing reasonable progress with six days yet to go.... Smile

Yes... I think if we get some more people to move up to $60-70 from $40 it will encourage others to bid. We need to show some progress if we are going to get others to bid.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:57 AM

Just moved it to $70 and it's crossed the line :D

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 8:59 AM

Cool! Now moving bid to $60.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:07 AM

Evan Boardman:

Cool! Now moving bid to $60.

Peace to all!          *smile*                            and ....               ....... Always Joy in the Lord!

If it does go down a bit, I will raise my bid to $45.  Really as high as I can go right now!

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS