Gerberding - The Way of Salvation in the Lutheran Church

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1486

George Henry Gerberding was a Pastor in the General Council, active around a hundred years ago.  This book does have a version available on Project Guttenberg, but I chose to develop this text independently of that text.  I did this because I like to include page numbers, itallics, etc, and they are not there in the simple text file.  In addition, this book had many editions.  He originally wrote it as a parish pastor, but this version is based on the Jubilee edition of 1917 at http://www.archive.org/details/wayofsalvationin00gerb 

I would like to update the dedication...  To the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.  This is your heritage.  I offer this edition in the hope that you may witness to the one faith, actuated by the one Spirit...

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 50
Martin Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 6:34 AM

Thank you. Just yesterday I was hoping that some of Gerberding's works would appear!

Martin Horn

Posts 1486
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 6:47 AM

Glad to hear that it is appreciated. I actually wasn't aware of him and his works, but saw that this title was reprinted a lot, and even translated a lot and figured it was worth a look.  I liked enough of what I saw that there may be more sometime, but admittedly I have other things I want to do too.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 68
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:30 AM

Thanks Ken.

Posts 503
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:54 AM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.