Notes behaving funny; out of order

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 9 2012 3:27 PM

Why are my notes seeming to duplicate and triplicate themselves (some, but not all) and are also getting out of order within the note file?

Out of order-

Triplicates- (see the untitled note that appears three times)

I've been trying to convert some of my notes to the new system, and it seems to be working well, and I like the new features.  But there are some quirks I'm still working on.

Any help is appreciated.  I did download MP's uploaded notes/highlighting sections for his user manual, but they only go so far...

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:21 PM

Doc B:
Why are my notes seeming to duplicate and triplicate themselves (some, but not all) and are also getting out of order within the note file?

Duplicate note files usually means more than one instance of Logos is open or active (did not close Logos--only "hibernated" computer) at the same time.

Though I don't remember this specific issue with dual instances open/active, could that be a factor to rule out (or in)?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 29216
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 5:23 PM

Doc B:

1. How many & what kind of computers & mobile devices are you using with Logos? 
  2. Did you try resorting the notes? You can sort by: reference, date added, title, and note color. It's possible that the notes are actually in order, just a different one than you expected. Also, you can manually move the notes to a new order.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 6:53 PM

My notes are behaving funny too but in a different way. I lose the blue text for a link (goes back to black but the link is still active) or the text size changes on some sentences but not others. The same is true for my iPad. Very weird and it just started recently. I have the most recent updates on my laptop and app.

Any ideas about what's happening to me? Could it be the same issue of having my iPad app and Logos 4.5 SR-5 active at the same time?

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 8:37 PM

alabama24:

• How many & what kind of computers & mobile devices are you using with Logos? 
  • Did you try resorting the notes?
  • I run it on my office computer, my laptop, and a desktop at home.  I also have the Logos app on my Droid, but almost never use it as it is too slow.  I've never tried taking a note there for sure.

I have not tried sorting the notes, nor resorting, as I did not know this was an option.  I'll fiddle with it and see what happens.

I do occasionally have more than one open at a time, but not when I'm taking notes.  I will sometimes, when there is a download and an index waiting, open both the laptop and home desktop so they can download and index after I go to bed.  But these are always closed in the morning before any activity takes place in L4.

Am I doing something fatal?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 3051
    Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:35 PM

alabama24:
    Did you try resorting the notes?

Roll Tide,

I was able to sort the notes and get the order fixed, but it revealed (I think it revealed rather than caused) even worse duplications.  One note now appears 11 times (I could only get these few on the screen for the pic)-

Weird. 

I also found out that some of the duplicates I deleted earlier seemed to have come back on their own.  I'm re-testing this by deleting another group of duplicates...I'll check and see if they were re-incarnated in the morning.

Posts 15805
    Forum MVP
    Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:44 PM

Doc B:
    I'm re-testing this by deleting another group of duplicates...I'll check and see if they were re-incarnated in the morning.

Wonder about removing duplicate notes ? see thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/43112/321182.aspx#321182

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29216
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:25 AM

Doc B:

I do occasionally have more than one open at a time, but not when I'm taking notes.  I will sometimes, when there is a download and an index waiting, open both the laptop and home desktop so they can download and index after I go to bed.  But these are always closed in the morning before any activity takes place in L4.

As Richard referenced, the primary cause for note duplication (in the past) has been having Logos opened on more than one computer. I don't know if this problem has persisted with the changes or not. Are these duplicated notes old (before 4.5), or are they new?

Posts 5573
    Forum MVP
    Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:41 AM

alabama24:

Doc B:

As Richard referenced, the primary cause for note duplication (in the past) has been having Logos opened on more than one computer. I don't know if this problem has persisted with the changes or not. Are these duplicated notes old (before 4.5), or are they new?

Just to add this, the problem may occur when one is signed in to two or more instances of L4 at the same time (even if all but one computer is 'sleeping' or 'hibernating'), regardless of actually using the notes function to take or edit notes.

Posts 29216
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:15 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
    Just to add this, the problem may occur when one is signed in to two or more instances of L4 at the same time (even if all but one computer is 'sleeping' or 'hibernating'), regardless of actually using the notes function to take or edit notes.

Richard - Are you aware of anyone having problems with this since the transition to 4.5? Just curious… I haven't noticed anything new in a while on the Mac side.

Posts 5573
    Forum MVP
    Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:35 AM

alabama24:
    Richard - Are you aware of anyone having problems with this since the transition to 4.5? Just curious… I haven't noticed anything new in a while on the Mac side.

No, I'm not aware of anyone having this issue for quite some time.

I'm not aware of anyone beside Doc B having this issue now.

Posts 29216
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 9:24 AM

Hopefully he comes back and tells us that the notes are OLD. I would rather have NEW problems to deal with. Smile

Posts 3051
    Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:10 PM

alabama24:

Hopefully he comes back and tells us that the notes are OLD. I would rather have NEW problems to deal with. Smile

The notes were old (relatively)...a few weeks to a couple months.  I haven't seen any new notes duplicated.

I also checked tonight and none of the deleted notes have re-appeared this time around.  Maybe 4.5 fixed it.

Posts 29216
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:39 PM

Doc B:

The notes were old (relatively)...a few weeks to a couple months.  I haven't seen any new notes duplicated.

I also checked tonight and none of the deleted notes have re-appeared this time around.  Maybe 4.5 fixed it.

Thanks Doc! That's what we were hoping to hear. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS