Logos 4 and french Bible

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 76 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 3769
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:38 PM

Si je me souviens bien, la LSG était référencée avec les numéros de Strong dans la Bible "Online" des éditions clés. Est-ce le cas dans les traductions du CD SESB de Logos?

Je pense que cela serait agréable d'avoir plus de traductions française dans Logos, mais comme la plupart des outils resteront en anglais, l'avantage en sera réduit (en effect, si ce n'est que pour faire des recherches toutes simples, les site internet ou un logiciel limité comme la Bible Online suffisent amplement).

Du point de vue marketing, il faudrait qu'il y ait suffisamment de manifestation d'intérêt pour que cela en vaille la peine pour Logos d'investir dans le développement de resources françaises. Sinon, je ne sais pas encore si les PBB marchent dans Logos 4, mais si oui, cela pourrait être une possibilité aussi.

Que le Seigneur vous bénissent, frères (et soeurs qui lisent ou contribueront). Il y a beaucoup à faire dans le monde francophone. Moi, je travaille parmi les anglophones où il règne une certaine illusion sur l'état spirituel de l'Eglise du Christ. Au lieu de l'abondance de la vie, il semble être cru qu'il y a vie dans l'abondance...

Francis

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:48 AM

In reply to Tom about the features of the different versions:

LSG : plain text only :(

NBS : Intros to each book, study notes in the text denoted by an asterisk, some books seem to have a paragraph or two "in conclusion". Intros to each testament and intro for the whole bible. I've not spent much time reading through. I just know that they're there.

BFC : Intros to each book and some footnotes.

TOB : Intros to each book, other than that nothing but the plain text.

Hope that all helps a little.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:59 AM

Sorry, that reply should have been to Tom and JeanMaurais.

I'd love to see more resources in French - commentaries in particular. Jean Calvin in French!!

Amongst the belgian pastors I know most wouldn't even use bible study software. Those that do will probably be using the Editions Clé version of the Online Bible. They have some good stuff in the latest version and it's not too expensive - 99 euros last time I checked. Problem is the "engine" just isn't so great. It's functional but the look is off putting and actually, IMO, does a disservice to the system as a whole.

I'd really like to be able to promote French Logos. Having said that, not being in business or anything like that I couldn't say if there would be a market here in Belgium. I *think* there would be... but couldn't prove it. There is going to be a conference for pastors and teachers here soon and one of the ateliers is about how to use the OLB. If only it were Logos!

PBBs don't currently work in Logos 4 but it's been promised for some time in 2010. Maybe those of us with access to Logos and to French public-domain texts could do some work there? I don't currently have a PBB license but will gladly purchase one if between us we could work on preparing texts for "publication".  I can also host anything that is produced and would be more than happy to do so. Anything to help my brothers and sisters in Christ in the Francophone world to get access to good materials for study.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 31
Jonty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:31 PM

Thank you all for your comments regarding the different versions. It took me a while to work out that there have been 4 different versions of the Segond:

1910 Louis Segond

1978 La Colombe

2002 Nouvelle Bible Segond (NBS)

2007 Segond21 (NVS)

I read some reviews on the different bible mentioned and also on the above versions...

I then compared different versions with the Greek - EEK the Du Semeur is almost heading towards a paraphrase (similar to the English NCV or NLT)! The Colombe seemed to be one of the better versions but the language a bit old -same for the TOB (Les bibles ont été écrites à la même époque que je suis né!)

I checked out the NBS, I see what you mean with loosing a lot of the deeper language the ressusciter being changed to réveiller definitely did not sit right with me. I checked through the Segond21 and was astonished to see a lot of the deeper words missing from the the NBS has been reinserted.

In conclusion I have decided to spend out and get myself a version of the Segond21 at 1,50Euro Indifferent I am enjoying reading it, it seems to be quite like the Colombe (still keeps some of the deeper language) but just a bit more modern.

It is accessible online: www.universdelabible.net/ but I would definitely like a version in Logos. If they are selling is for 1,50euro and it is legally accessible online I don't think the rights would cost much for logos. Bring on the Pre-Pub!

My website: http://www.mackwell.co.nr/ the website of the missionary organization: http://www.wec-int.org/cms/ 

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:30 AM

Hi, Jonty

And it's actually a tad more complicated than that.

There was a 1975 revision of the Segond that was the text used, and I think still used, for the French Scofield Bible. 

Then in 1979, a further revision brought out the Nouvelle Edition de Genève (NEG), still very popular. This is the text, for instance, that was published for the French version of the MacArthur Study Bible a couple of years ago.

The Segond21 is the most recent revision of the "old" Segond, probably destined to replace the NEG. This is also the text used in the "Bible Vie Nouvelle," the translation of the "Life Application Bible."

These three revisions I have mentioned were all done by the Geneva Bible Society.

The 1978 revision (Colombe) was done by the Société Biblique Française, who has now also done the Nouvelle Bible Segond (NBS). They were hoping that the NBS would replace the Colombe. Many evangelicals protested to them, however, that we did not like the NBS, either its translation or its notes. We've been pleading with the SBF to keep the Colombe in print, especially in the study version with "notes intégrales." Will they do it? We'll have to wait and see. 

It would be great to see either the Colombe (and/) or the Segond21 in Logos.

Posts 63
Matthew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:55 AM

Je suis d'accord aussi...we should "Raise Heaven" till we get a french forum and some (more) affordable Bibles. ~Matthew

Posts 2
Roxan Lemire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:00 PM

Ok, so I'm totally new with Logos. If I rad right, there is no "Louis Segond La Colombe" available for Logos ? Anyone could confirm this to me. The only reason I'm writing in English is just in case someone from Logos is catching this thread.

In Christ

Rox

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:27 PM

Bonjour, Roxan

That is correct, at least for the time being. In French, you only have the old Louis Segond 1910. If you purchase the very expensive SESB, you could have access to the Nouvelle Bible Segond, the TOB, and the Français Courant. But no Colombe. Unless you are a specialized scholar, I'm not sure I would spend all that money for the SESB right now. You can only find it in the Bible Online for the moment.

But I've heard and I hope that something may change this year Smile, with new opportunities for nous francophones !

Dans l'Agneau,

Tom

Posts 2
Roxan Lemire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2010 9:36 AM

Merci Tom pour les informations. C'est pas urgent pour moi d'avoir du matériel francophone, mais c'est toujours intéressant de voir l'ajout de matériel (futur dans ce cas ci) dans sa langue maternelle.

Rox

Posts 37
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2010 1:31 PM

Logos, please some French resources! Please!  Yes

I am a professor in West Africa and we could really open up Logos to Francophone pastors and serve better the church!

Posts 36
Cedric Delalande | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:45 AM

Hello everyone ! Salut à tous !

I'm new to logos - I only bought it last night - but I wrote to some staff member about a French translation straight away.

I've been using e-Sword for a while (and in fact I have contributed to unofficial French modules through my website e-sword.fr), but I am now a Mac user, and MacSword was very disappointing, even after it hit version 2.0.

So here I am, discovering Logos, and thinking, "I have translated the UI of quite a bunch of software... I could do this !"

I have been in touch with the French Alliance Biblique to start marketing e-Sword modules based on their text. I didn't do it because I didn't feel like managing this on my own. However, I've got quite a lot of Bible material in SQLite format, which could be handed over to Logos, once they decide to agree with French Bible societies.

Let's carry on pushing for :

• A French UI
  • 4-6 Bibles for a start
  • 1-2 Dictionaries incl. Strongs
  • 3-4 Commentaries

That would be like a French Library. Logos could even start with free texts, and check who is using them. They'd be quite surprised !

I hate to think that English-speaking christians can get to know God more thoroughly through powerful tools offered by Logos and the like, while French speakers have to rely on dusty-crappy-buggy-ugly OLB. 

Posts 37
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:57 AM

This is a great idea!

Posts 13
SAGLIETTO daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:23 AM

Salut Cedric,

On se connait pas mais je connait bien André Wilk. , qui m'a souvent parlé de toi et on frére.

J'ai logos depuis l'année dernière (chui à la fac de théo d'Aix), et moi aussi dés le début j'ai râlé pour les mêmes raisons (j'utilisais en plus thesword à la place de esword), mais j'ai jamais vraiment eut de réponses , j'éspére qu'ils vont bougés :...la frenchy family arrive !!!Smile

Je suis à fond avec toi !!!

Que le Seigneur te bénisse,

blessings,

dan Saglietto

Soli Deo Gloria.....toujours !!!!

http://danielsaglietto.blogspot.com/

Posts 662
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:32 AM

Oui, SESB includes La nouvelle Bible Segonde, edition d'etude.

Steve

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 11:37 PM

Salut, Cédric, et bienvenue au petit forum à la française !

Vous allez certainement vous régaler avec Logos... prenez le temps, regardez des vidéos de formation, et amusez-vous bien ! C'est vraiment un outil performant, et notre prière aussi est qu'il puisse être dispo en français... et il y a des rumeurs....Confused.

En attendant, ne soyons pas trop sévères avec la bonne vieille Bible-Online... après tout, pendant des années elle était presque le seul outil biblique informatique en français, et elle a fidèlement servi une première génération d'étudiants et de pasteurs. A mon avis, nous devons rendre grâces au Seigneur pour ceux qui nous l'ont fournie. Qui sait ? Peut-être est-ce la même équipe qui pourrait... un jour ... nous aider à voir "Logos Quatre" Wink.

Posts 36
Cedric Delalande | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:03 PM

@Daniel :

Enchanté de faire ta connaissance ! Je vois André à la mi-juin. 

@Tom :

Désolé pour mes propos quelque peu déplacés sur l'OLB, il m'arrive (encore) de m'emporter. Au moins, vous me découvrez sous mon véritable jour. Je peste souvent contre l'interface et les bizarreries d'OLB, mais c'est vrai qu'ils ont le mérite d'exister et de proposer l'outils le plus complet.

N'empêche... depuis 48 heures, je jubile avec Logos.

Posts 35
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:10 AM

Hi all,

I'm currently in belgium (french speaking part)...

I add my contribution to help making this post resurect... I'll buy Logos in Novembre/December 2010 and i also think it should be great to add resources in french. (Bibles and more...)

Thank you,

Yann Smile

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:35 AM

Yann Parodi:

Hi all,

I'm currently in belgium (french speaking part)...

Bonjour, Yann! Bienvenue sur les forums Logos. J'ai vécu dans la partie française de Belgique (à Liège) pendant trois mois quand j'étais à l'école secondaire.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:55 AM

Yann Parodi:
I'll buy Logos in Novembre/December 2010

Let me suggest that you make sure to buy while there is still a 20% discount. Unnecessary to pay more than you have to.

(There must be several threads on French Bibles. I added my vote for the TOB and La Bible de Jérusalem somewhere a couple of weeks ago, but obviously that wasn't here.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:54 AM

Bonjour, Yann (et Rosie, je ne savais pas que vous parliez français ! Bravo !)

Les rumeurs et les échos continuent... peut-être en 2011 aurons-nous quelque chose pour le monde francophone... Mais il ne faut pas attendre pour commencer, car Logos est vraiment un outil fabuleux. Pour l'instant, c'est vrai, il faut l'utiliser avec la BibleOnline (fr) à côté... et là, vous avez la TOB, la BJ, Semeur, même la NBS (que j'aime moins), et la Colombe (que j'aime plus), parmi d'autres.

Mais un jour...Smile...

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS