This post has 104 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:05 AM

Steve Runge:
No promises, but I'm working on it.

YesYesYes

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Dr. Steven E. Runge (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:19 PM

LimJK:

fgh:

Nope, but you can help us try to convince Logos to give it to us by adding your votes to Resource Associations.

Sure do, will add my votes Smile

Take a look at Resources like Wiersbe's Expository Outlines on the OT & NT it works the way I wished HDNT and HDOT should work when I enter a OT Bible Ref in HDNT(ESV) or NT Bible Ref in HDOT(ESV). So, it can be done Smile may be it is not called Serial Resource Association.

I talked to the guy about the thing. He said to close L4, reopen, then link the resources. It just worked for me having NIV and HDNT linked in the A set. I entered an OT passage (in the Gen-2Kin data released!!) in the HDNT command window, and it switched to the HDOT and navigated to the proper passage. This should take care of what you were looking for.

The Greek and Hebrew resources will still need to exist in separate tabs, but the ESV resources should behave as requested. It might take a few hours to percolate out, but it is on its way if you can't get the association to work immediately.

Posts 2006
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:44 PM

Steve Runge:
the ESV resources should behave as requested.

This is beautiful! I am impressed by how quick your development team is able to kick out fixes to the font issue and this resource association within a few working hours of a customer request. WAY TO GO, Logos!!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:49 PM

Steve Runge:

I talked to the guy about the thing. He said to close L4, reopen, then link the resources. It just worked for me having NIV and HDNT linked in the A set. I entered an OT passage (in the Gen-2Kin data released!!) in the HDNT command window, and it switched to the HDOT and navigated to the proper passage. This should take care of what you were looking for.

The Greek and Hebrew resources will still need to exist in separate tabs, but the ESV resources should behave as requested. It might take a few hours to percolate out, but it is on its way if you can't get the association to work immediately.

Steve,

I am happy Smile to report that that both sets of resources (HDNT & HDOT) and (LDGNT & LDHB) are working as a serial resource set (ie. I can have one tab for HDNT/HDOT and another tab for LDGNT/LDHB), I noticed the "series" metadata information is there now Smile Thank you!

PS: Just wondering about the naming convention, just curious, especially, when I am starting to tag all my important resources:

1) Why LDHB and not LDHOT Smile when you already have LDGNT for your Greek Discourse Bible.

2) Why without the article "The" for LDHB vs the rest of the Lexham resources Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:56 PM

Steve Runge:
It just worked for me having NIV and HDNT linked in the A set. I entered an OT passage (in the Gen-2Kin data released!!) in the HDNT command window, and it switched to the HDOT and navigated to the proper passage.

This is a wonderful feature; so glad it works like this now! Thanks for the good work Logos! Yes

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:33 AM

Well, there was a hiccup somewhere, because I got charged today and I did not authorize it.

It could be because I just installed Windows 8 and a twisted sneaky app sent an answer back through email to authorize the charge, but let's hope not.Smile

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:18 PM

Bill Cook:

Well, there was a hiccup somewhere, because I got charged today and I did not authorize it.

It could be because I just installed Windows 8 and a twisted sneaky app sent an answer back through email to authorize the charge, but let's hope not.Smile

Did you have the resource on Pre-Pub? If you did and it wasn't' canceled then it automatically charges.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:46 PM

Philana Crouch:

Bill Cook:

Did you have the resource on Pre-Pub? If you did and it wasn't' canceled then it automatically charges.

That particular one should not have been charged unless you specifically authorized it. This is because it is not yet "finished". Those who needed it for seminary or really wanted it got it. The rest of us were told we could wait for a year until it was completed.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:51 PM

Bill Cook:

Hi Bill,

SteveF:
That particular one should not have been charged unless you specifically authorized it.

SteveF is quite correct.

The same thing happened to me (I was charged even though I had not authorised it). An email to Customer Services resolved the matter. 

I suggest you either email or call and I am certain that will be able to assist you and resolve the situation. 

The contact details are here, 

http://www.logos.com/contact

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Dr. Steven E. Runge (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:55 PM

SteveF:

Philana Crouch:

Bill Cook:

That particular one should not have been charged unless you specifically authorized it. This is because it is not yet "finished". Those who needed it for seminary or really wanted it got it. The rest of us were told we could wait for a year until it was completed.

I just checked into this, Bill. It looks like the mistake was on our end, the wrong Cook was charged. The order is being canceled and the returned to prepub status.

No cards are to be charged before the resource is completed, unless you specifically request, as SteveF has stated.

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:24 PM

Thanks, you guys are great!

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:17 PM

Dr. Steven Runge (Logos):

LimJK:

fgh:

Nope, but you can help us try to convince Logos to give it to us by adding your votes to Resource Associations.

Sure do, will add my votes Smile

Take a look at Resources like Wiersbe's Expository Outlines on the OT & NT it works the way I wished HDNT and HDOT should work when I enter a OT Bible Ref in HDNT(ESV) or NT Bible Ref in HDOT(ESV). So, it can be done Smile may be it is not called Serial Resource Association.

Serial resource association worked for me up until recently. I just checked checked the "Series" tag in my Logos library, and lo and behold, only LDGNT and HDNT are tagged! LDHB and HDOT apparently lost their tags at some point. Is anyone else having this problem? Did it arise with a recent update to the Lexham Discourse Bible series?

By the way, Steven, all of your discourse resources have been very useful to me. Thank you for your labor! Now, I am anticipating the release of Isaiah and Jeremiah in LDHB. Logos would also benefit if it offered Stephen Levinsohn's writings.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:48 PM

Adam Olean:
Serial resource association worked for me up until recently.

I was just about to report this as well. The resource association became disfunctional after the update that I downloaded this weekend. Hope this can be fixed soon!

André

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:01 AM

André Kamphuis:

Adam Olean:
Serial resource association worked for me up until recently.

I was just about to report this as well. The resource association became disfunctional after the update that I downloaded this weekend. Hope this can be fixed soon!

André

Thank you for your confirmation. I just opened a new bug thread dealing with this issue and another related to LDGNT. Hopefully it will get some attention in a new dedicated thread.

Posts 56
LogosEmployee
Steve Runge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:43 PM

Hey there,

I passed on the request; the problem was discovered and should be resolved now. If there is an update, please download it and let me know if the problem persists. Something happened in the metadata, but it has now been fixed. Kudos to Toby and Hayley in ETD for fixing the metadata, and to you folks for pointing out the problem.

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 1:23 PM

It works great! Thanks to all of you---Steven, Toby, and Hayley.

ETD must stand for the Emergency Tagging Department.

Posts 1195
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 8:35 AM

Hey all, 

Does anyone know when the new completion date will be slated for?

It seems it's running a little later than expected (Jan 2014), but it would be nice to have a heads up before it ships so that I can save up accordingly!

Thanks!

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:03 AM

Liam:

Hey all, 

Does anyone know when the new completion date will be slated for?

It seems it's running a little later than expected (Jan 2014), but it would be nice to have a heads up before it ships so that I can save up accordingly!

Thanks!

Yes, Steven Runge has indicated that it is running behind schedule (as are updates for LDGNT).

An update was just released on March 26th for Ezekiel through the minor prophets, so the Law and the Prophets are now complete. That just leaves the Writings (besides lots of updates/corrections elsewhere), which I imagine could take quite a bit of work.

Edit: I will also add that Runge recently gave the following timeline in an interview with Brian W. Davidson: "We have finished marking the discourse features for Genesis-Jeremiah; Ezekiel and the Twelve should ship by Easter. The initial version of the database should be completed this summer." Check out the interview for more information.

Posts 2584
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:53 AM

Steven Runge:

The initial version of the database should be completed this summer.

Welcome news. All the best, Runge & Team!

Posts 1195
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:00 AM

Adam Olean:
I will also add that Runge recently gave the following timeline in an interview with Brian W. Davidson: "We have finished marking the discourse features for Genesis-Jeremiah; Ezekiel and the Twelve should ship by Easter. The initial version of the database should be completed this summer." Check out the interview for more information.

Awesome! Thanks Adam!

Page 5 of 6 (105 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS