Am I reading the upgrade correctly... the data set is not included in the most basic package?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 127
Robert I | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:47 PM

I think the basic package seems to miss the touted features that give no indication that i have to pay $1000 to get.  Seriously?  Maybe, it is just me, but i just bought this package 5 months ago and am still making payments.  Maybe, I should just stop and ask them to take their app and money back.  How unbelievable.  I really would like the core features without the references.  Also, I am fine paying for it to some extent, but not even having paid off the original purchase just gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

Remaining in Him (1 John 2:28), Robert

Mac Book Pro, Windows 7 Professional, iPhone 4S, iPad 1

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee

There is a "Minimum Crossgrade" coming soon for under $100; in addition, the free engine upgrade will also be available: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx

Final details have yet to be worked out, but should be posted on the forums & blog as soon as they are decided.

Posts 1892
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:41 PM

I just read a post by a logos employee that states data sets should be considered "resources" rather than "features" so when you mention "features touted" there may be some unmet expectations.

I think I can understand your frustration. A year ago we bought a new car. Some of the features that I thought were included in the car because they were described in the brochure turned out to only be part of options packages that we did not buy. While I am still paying for that car, now the company announces the 2013's that offer features that are not in my car and I must admit that I don't have the latest and greatest.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 777
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:56 PM

David Thomas:

I just read a post by a logos employee that states data sets should be considered "resources" rather than "features" so when you mention "features touted" there may be some unmet expectations.

Just to be clear, what i was trying to communicate (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58160/415109.aspx#415109 ) is that the functionality of the software itself (the "engine") is different from Logos resources (think "books"), and also different from the new datasets (which aren't really like books). Unfortunately a word like "features" isn't very specific, and there's been a lot of confusion about just what we're offering.

There are several new datasets, and their inclusion in base packages is tiered: some are in every package, others only come in at higher levels.

Posts 1892
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:50 AM

Sean Boisen:

Unfortunately a word like "features" isn't very specific, and there's been a lot of confusion about just what we're offering.

I totally agree!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS