Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 26 2009 4:15 AM

Why as an adult would a person, buy a product...make a snap decision that it sucks and then spend their time complaining, INSTEAD OF calmly getting a refund, and continuing to use whatever beloved product they were using before?

I don't get it.

Ouch! These new shoes pinch! they suck...! Let me tell you how much I hate them....

(Why don't you go and get your money back and buy some other pair of shoes?)

But I've spent so much money on THESE SHOES!!

(Then keep wearing THEM...they still work just fine)

No...I'd rather complain, and then make the assumption that everyone who does like these shoes are just brainwashed.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 4:46 AM

+1

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 5:22 AM

Yes

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 5:36 AM

I don't look at it so much as complaining as I don't want to learn the new and IMPROVED way, and with alot more to come.  So with alot more to come some stuff is missing, I guess a growing pain.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 5:51 AM

Mathew,

It's not that I think everyone should like V4...I don't expect that...it's the WAY people go about expressing themselves...

Here is an example:

"...Hello, I'm VERY FRUSTRATED, and I wonder if you could help me; I used to be able to use X feature in V3 but now I can't find it nor can I see how to approximate it in V4..."

VS

"...V4 sucks!! X feature is gone!! It's a conspiracy by a big bad software company to make my life miserable!"

It's not the actual features or lack thereof, it's the mode of expression....there are many posts here on the forum by individuals who do not like V4 and prefer to use V3 but they express themselves in a grown up way....that's all

Robert Pavich

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 6:24 AM

I agree wholeheartedly.  I purchased the upgrade on November 5th and still can't get it to work on my primary, well-endowed machine.  But I'm excited about what I bought, the price and technology is amazing and it makes me love and understand the Bible even more.  I've been grumpy about it at times and wish it was up and running, but I DO NOT WANT A REFUND!  I just want it to work.

BTW, I've used about every other kind of Bible Software out there having managed Christian Bookstores for about 10 years, I've heard all of the others sales pitches, but everyone else seems to me to go about it half-heartedly, not Logos.  Thanks again for putting up with all of us and giving us a program most of us couldn't even dream up!

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:04 AM

Yes Robert they could be more patient and understanding, that it is new for everyone and most issues could be solved with better understanding of how the software works.  Maybe we should give a note of appreciation and compliment the software before raising an issue, that is what I try to do, because everyone is struggling with the newness and the demand.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:29 AM

Mathew,

Yes...that's a good point...say something nice before you slam...lol..

Robert Pavich

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:33 AM

Robert Pavich:

Why as an adult would a person, buy a product...make a snap decision that it sucks and then spend their time complaining, INSTEAD OF calmly getting a refund, and continuing to use whatever beloved product they were using before?

I don't get it.

Ouch! These new shoes pinch! they suck...! Let me tell you how much I hate them....

No...I'd rather complain, and then make the assumption that everyone who does like these shoes are just brainwashed.

Robert,

I think it is called "sin."

I wish I could get a full refund on the ones I commit, RIGHT NOW!!

Chris

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:41 AM

Down with all negative posters!

Luke 18:11

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:03 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Luke 18:11

Hmmm... 

I think Robert made a very good point.

EDIT:

P.S.  The ruling word  here is not "positive or negative" but "constructive or destructive". The proper scripture to quote here would be the following:

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Eph 4:29 ESV.

Bohuslav

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:11 AM

Chris Elford:

I think it is called "sin."

I wish I could get a full refund on the ones I commit, RIGHT NOW!!

I find it helpful to put them on the Jesus payment plan.  He paid it all.

(And THAT is what I am most thankful for!  Thank you Jesus!)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:14 AM

Robert Pavich:

I don't get it.

Was there some purpose to this thread Robert, or are you just trying to stir up more controversy and keep it alive?

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:15 AM

Exactly

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:25 AM

So "suck" is constructive?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:26 AM

Alex Scott:
Was there some purpose to this thread Robert, or are you just trying to stir up more controversy and keep it alive?

Alex,

Yes...there were  a couple of points.

1.) To possibly deter those who post the "this is crap" threads into possibly crafting their posts in to actual questions to hopefully get some answers from those who are more than willing to help.

2.) To vent a little for myself personally. I'm tired of reading what has been supposedly written by adults that reads like a 12 year old wrote them.

We all get frustrated...I'd been unable to logo onto the current beta of V4 for several days.

I miss sentence diagramming; it's not coming back. I miss copy and paste of searches...that's frustrating to me....

But none of that gives me the right to give up basic respect for posters here.

We haven't "drunk the kool aid" as I read this morning....we just gave the software a chance...

More clear now?

Robert Pavich

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:27 AM

Shawn Drewett:

? Not quite sure what your point is?

Robert Pavich

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:29 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Yes, you might be right about this word. I do not have a right "feeling" about this word, since English is my third language. But the point is correct IMHO.

Bohuslav

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:30 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Shawn,

it's not that at all; read my previous answer.

It's not that a post is negative...but it's the means of expression that I take issue with.

It doesn't seem to be that hard a concept in my mind...

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS